Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
D

Deleted-442439

Old news, and this has been answered.

You only get the Eshop ban if you use the CDN in illicit ways. There is currently no evidence to support that userland Homebrew usage causes bans. In any case Nintendo can do both account bans or console cert bans. Severe violations of the TOS such as using the CDN, online modding etc. will result in a cert ban.

As always though this is only the beginning, we are still learning about this, so nothing is certain yet.

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, I'm a late, which answer?
Sciresm and quagsire both got one switch banned. They downloaded via a pc tool directly from Nintendo’s Download servers and had to use an extracted console specific certificate. Because they sent a lot of wrong requests while exploring Nintendo most likely banned the certs from their CDN network and therefore their consoles are banned.

There are a few tools which do the same thing and I wouldnt use them, since they need the said certificate. I imagine Nintendo will ban everything which isn’t 100% disguised as a switch. Which they should.

Reactions: rock88

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's a "final" answer though.

From what I understand, Shiny has two Switch units that got banned. He only used CDN with one of them though.

So either the ban followed his account and got the second Switch banned, or the ban may have happened due to libNX errors uploaded from his Switch. We don't have a way of knowing for sure yet.

I would really like a easy way of clearing the Switch error logs though, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol