tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its so hard to hold on to the thing you love most
while it causes your world, and everything you've ever had, to come crashing down

its even harder to watch someone you love
love someone else

yeah i know like everyone has gone through this shit
and im glad people can relate on here (people with experience that are 230492735023 years older than me)
but still, you'd have to agree that life's so not fair

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
Life is pain. Anyone who tries to tell you differently, is selling something. - Wesley

Hey! Now I want to look for quotes on life for my writing.
wink.gif
(coz I know my character would just love to complain about life) Life may not be fair for you right now but it sure gave me some interesting things to do.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coalfire said:
thebobevil said:
Life is pain. Anyone who tries to tell you differently, is selling something. - Wesley

wink.gif

As a professional writer, I can tell you that you simply cannot have enough quotes
tongue.gif

Life has to be a struggle, or else anything you gain from it, has no value.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thebobevil said:
coalfire said:
thebobevil said:

wink.gif

As a professional writer, I can tell you that you simply cannot have enough quotes
tongue.gif

Life has to be a struggle, or else anything you gain from it, has no value.

You're right.
biggrin.gif
But I still like collecting 'em. Most of the time, they give actual direction to my writing which really helps. I think it's awesome that you're a professional writer.
smile.gif
I'm just doing it to sharpen my skills and as an outlet for my creativity.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm a firm believer that if you are comfortable with your life you are doing something wrong. Thats why I hate seeing people medicated (most of america, and I'm sure europe has a problem too) for anxiety, depression etc etc. I don't think even a quarter of the people on medications these days really need them for everyday life. I wish it was legal to give people placebos instead.

Another belief of mine is that all great things come from suffering. All inventions, All forms of art.

Relationships really take alot out of you, expessially if you put your all into it and the other half simply wanes of interest. I'll send you a PM of what I posted before about relationships if I can find it again. I think my overall point is you are all you ever have and all that matters in the end. That doesn't mean you can't get close to other people, it just means you have to remain yourself even when you become part of something bigger IE. relationships.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
It is your perspective on life that can make it either a pain or a joy. Should you feel blissed or cursed living a life is up to you. If you keep on seeing negativity, then it will forever live with you. You have to find an inner strength to find optimism within life. There are many people who live without the privileges that are with you right now. It is ok to feel painful at times, but a strong and mature heart can conquer your current state of confusion. It is part of growing up, to even start to comprehend this infinite yet transient world

We have a saying in Uzbek:

"I'm not an angel, nor will I ever be.
I will not miss a single step, then one day I shall live without that mask (regrets)."

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"I wept because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet" - Unattributed

I've always tried to keep that perspective in mind, but even more so since I mangled my right leg.

The lesson being, we are all 100% entitled to our own misery, but it is important to keep it in perspective sometimes. Life is cruel and unfair, and it will affect you to exactly the extent that you let it.

BTW, that saying was, of course, later improved by one of the great philosophers of our times:

"I cried because I had no shoes, 'till I met a man who had no feet. So I said, 'You got any shoes you're not using'?" -- Steven Wright

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're right. Life isn't fair.

Thing is, you either get used to that or get left behind. I spent the better part of my late teens/early 20's trying to get a girl who could give a shit less about me. Not as bitter as that last part may lead you to believe. The fact is, life is hard and the only thing that will get you through is yourself.

Live for something, be optimistic, and be happy being you. That or get used to being upset a lot.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Life isn't fair, it doesn't have to be. The well spoken saying "That's life" kinda tell you that.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but my grandmother died today. So yeah...that's life.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Opium said:
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but my grandmother died today. So yeah...that's life.
That sucks, Opium
frown.gif

My sincere condolences.

tinymonkeyt, life isn't fair. It's random. There are things you can plan, and there are things that just happen. And the process of learning this and coming to terms with it is called "growing up", but also "growing old", so there's no need to rush it too much
nyanya.gif

Just remember what "random" means. Things can go both ways. To paraphrase Calvin and Hobbes, life isn't fair, but sometimes it can be unfair in your favour
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://gbatemp.net/posts/10435312/ +1