Linux Question Again

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made a new user in arch, but now when I open up archlinux, I'm outside of the home directory. in fact, I'm outside of the virtual drive itself. how do I get to the home directory and make that my default location? I'm pretty sure I'm the admin account in linux.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it, and I compiled soh.elf in archlinux, but there's a problem I can't figure out. I still can't launch it:

[godreborn@GODREBORN-LAPTOP soh]$ ./soh.elf
bash: ./soh.elf: No such file or directory
[godreborn@GODREBORN-LAPTOP soh]$ ls
assets fixbaserom.py Makefile Resource.rc soh.elf soh.vcxproj.filters
baserom format.sh oot.otr SHIPOFHARKINIAN.ico soh.sln soh.vcxproj.user
build include resource.h soh soh.vcxproj src

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chmod +x sets the executible flag in all linux distros for files mainly used for shell scripts and other executiblee files (you could also right click the file --->Properties---->permissions----> tick "run file as executable"---> close dialog in arch espesially kde environment you can just double click the elf and hit execute but if that fails use chmod

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I got passed that error into another: ./soh.elf: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know in fact atm if u get a homedirectory if u use admin acc or just starting in root everytime. Its also best to create a new user and give him sudo rights.
Did u checked https://archlinux.org? Its a pretty good side for linux.
Maybe use homed command "homectl create username" for creating a new user, like descripted here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd-homed

Last edited by Sypherone,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the end, but thanks. I'm trying to run oot in linux, but this keeps happening. I've spent over 24 hours trouble shooting all these errors with the linux build, and I think there's only this left. I don't want to give up. I want to know what I'm doing wrong:

[godreborn@GODREBORN-LAPTOP soh]$ ./soh.elf
[2022-05-14 17:03:07.834] [libultraship/Archive.cpp:299]
Reading ./oot.otr mpq patch
[2022-05-14 17:03:15.687] [libultraship/ResourceMgr.cpp:72] [info] Resource Manager LoadFileThread started
[2022-05-14 17:03:15.687] [libultraship/ResourceMgr.cpp:107] [info] Resource Manager LoadResourceThread started
[2022-05-14 17:03:15.687] [libultraship/stox.cpp:31] [debug] Failed to parse int32_t from string due to invalid argument: stoi ()
Segmentation fault

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I got the same error with the official release, so I think it's an error on their side. they say to use wine, but is that for the windows build or the linux one? something is definitely fucked up. lol

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I got the same error with the official release, so I think it's an error on their side. they say to use wine, but is that for the windows build or the linux one? something is definitely fucked up. lol
wine stands fore wine is not an emulator is a compat layer to allow to run windows exes on linux so what they're essentailly saying is to install wine+winetricks (allows you to install dependencies with a command or a few clicks), then dl the windows binary (exed and run it that way

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's not what I want. A lot of people have this same error with the Linux build. I even tried the official Linux build, same error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7