Hardware LInux

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ati driver was just a example... ofcourse i found a driver but still my tv out worked like shit. never got my wireless working on my laptop. all together i spend several weeks on my little ubuntu adventure... but i havent given up hope on ubuntu yet, but just for now I have
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's cool that's cool. If your currently running Windows though and have had that computer for a long time I suggest you run CCleaner it's a great program that deletes unnecessary files. It doesn't delete any documents or such though so don't worry about losing important files.

QUOTE said:
There are also Windows live disks......in fact, you can make your own with just about any program on it. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ Those are illegal and you need those mainly if you forgot your password or something, it's not really useful for anything other than recovering files and/or passwords and such.

Thanks for the advice but i already have those programs and i can vouch for their effectiveness.
I also have a little program called Tweaknow Powerpack XP 2006 which lets me play around with a few of XP's settings which are quite hard to get to and also does some automatic tweaks and optimizations.
I also use Perfect Disk 8.0 to defragment my disk for better performance. It works great and also does off-line defragmenting to make you're machine as smooth as possible.
The only annoyance I have with my current system is the lack of a graphics card so i can't play newer releases (Crysis, GoW, Oblivion) but the integrated graphics work fine for me most of the time.
I can run Half-Life 2 and Far Cry on medium settings at 1024x768 on a decent framerate so older titles are still accessible to me.
I also hate the fact that i am missing 8 MB from my "supposed" 1 GB of ram, making me fail most of the time at system requirements lab.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's cool that's cool. If your currently running Windows though and have had that computer for a long time I suggest you run CCleaner it's a great program that deletes unnecessary files. It doesn't delete any documents or such though so don't worry about losing important files.

QUOTE said:
There are also Windows live disks......in fact, you can make your own with just about any program on it. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ Those are illegal and you need those mainly if you forgot your password or something, it's not really useful for anything other than recovering files and/or passwords and such.

Thanks for the advice but i already have those programs and i can vouch for their effectiveness.
I also have a little program called Tweaknow Powerpack XP 2006 which lets me play around with a few of XP's settings which are quite hard to get to and also does some automatic tweaks and optimizations.
I also use Perfect Disk 8.0 to defragment my disk for better performance. It works great and also does off-line defragmenting to make you're machine as smooth as possible.
The only annoyance I have with my current system is the lack of a graphics card so i can't play newer releases (Crysis, GoW, Oblivion) but the integrated graphics work fine for me most of the time.
I can run Half-Life 2 and Far Cry on medium settings at 1024x768 on a decent framerate so older titles are still accessible to me.
I also hate the fact that i am missing 8 MB from my "supposed" 1 GB of ram, making me fail most of the time at system requirements lab.

That's because you have integrated graphics card.. Anyway glad I could help

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ati driver was just a example... ofcourse i found a driver but still my tv out worked like shit. never got my wireless working on my laptop. all together i spend several weeks on my little ubuntu adventure... but i havent given up hope on ubuntu yet, but just for now I have
smile.gif
I had issues with my wireless on my last laptop when I tried to install Ubuntu about a year ago. If you have a Broadcom wireless card, there are new drivers for fwcutter which makes it really easy to get working.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no desire whatsoever to involve myself in a flameware (although this one does have about 200% more reason). As for the "free" point I would not find it odd if such a point falls on deaf ears around here.

anyhow tried this xcalibur?: http://www.oldblivion.com/?page=about (coincidently it also allows wine and moreover cedaga a better chance)

I did not post but I am waiting for a few things to appear like avisynth v3, better wine, kde (and associated frontends) before I give linux another shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022