List of PS4 developers quietly shrinks

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Maybe it is because I don't speak English, but I don't get what this thread is about. From what I got, Sony said that there is 54 devs with them, but the real number is 30. Maybe I really did not get the idea here, or it is just trolling because I don't see why anyone would care with such information.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it is because I don't speak English, but I don't get what this thread is about. From what I got, Sony said that there is 54 devs with them, but the real number is 30. Maybe I really did not get the idea here, or it is just trolling because I don't see why anyone would care with such information.

For many years now having lots of third party developers commit to working on your console has been seen as one of the main ways to have a successful console (see Sega's treating various devs better and getting a foothold, Sony's treating devs even better and Nintendo even worse and having the PS1 happen). Sony came out and said "look at our large list of developer friends" in the announcement conference.
Now a short while later it seems Sony might have fudged some stats as it were in their conference, which was already a bit thin on actual hard information, and that was cause to raise an eyebrow. It is far from a dooming action, as others have already noted, but it is generally good policy to call out developers of things if they are seen to be engaging in such practices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They need to add air tags to they airbuds..