Nintendo privately demos Nintendo Switch 2 at Gamescom 2023

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
very unlikely that Nintendo will make another DS

100% agree with this. Besides, if they were to combine it with the likes of the Switch, how will that work? Yesh the Switch has a touch screen, but did any of the Switch games actually bother ulitising it if most of the time youre playing the Switch on the dock?

Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo this would be sick. I haven't played the original ones before, and this would be a great addition to the new console.
I read it ran on modified GCN hardware so it's not like it'd be too hard for Nintendo to make it happen. I'll probably just load it up to my Wii or my phone and play it that way since Nintendo doesn't seem interested porting it to their current console or the next one (maybe I'm wrong).

Reactions: DragonMals

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it have 2 screenz? If not, i'm not interested.. :sleep:
- In all seriousness, this next system has to have the power to run games in 1080p (no exception), but this is Nintendont we're talking about, running games at 720p (docked or else, if there's 2 modes that is) or some weird resolution above that is definitely a possibility.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
- Internal ssd storage either M2 or NVMe with option to upgrade is definitely a must, but again it's N we're talking about, they'd just put a TF sd card slot with some bottleneck-ass r/w speeds, and dassit!
- uh.. Goes without saying Switch BC is a must as well. But then again, they might not be too keen on that idea, they might go with the re-releasing/porting route instead.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
All n all, i hope i'm wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will it have 2 screenz? If not, i'm not interested.. :sleep:
- In all seriousness, this next system has to have the power to run games in 1080p (no exception), but this is Nintendont we're talking about, running games at 720p (docked or else, if there's 2 modes that is) or some weird resolution above that is definitely a possibility.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
- Internal ssd storage either M2 or NVMe with option to upgrade is definitely a must, but again it's N we're talking about, they'd just put a TF sd card slot with some bottleneck-ass r/w speeds, and dassit!
- uh.. Goes without saying Switch BC is a must as well. But then again, they might not be too keen on that idea, they might go with the re-releasing/porting route instead.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
All n all, i hope i'm wrong.
Switch... to PS5.
Yeah, now that I'm old, I sometimes go back in time and think about Nintendo being Nintendo throughout the decades.
For instance, still have magazines with reports of Shoshinkais, 90s E3s and whatnot, and during the N64 era, Nintendo showcased "Project Reality" (the N64) and Nintendo showcased N64 games running in hardware and they had Cinema like graphics... turns out those demos were running in Silicon Graphics PCs when in fact the N64 wasn't capable of achieving that. And then Nintendo is like: "it's because developers don't know how to develop for our systems".
Like how the fuck Nintendo keeps getting away with dumb gaming hardware promises? Do we have to talk about the failed project that they were doing with SONY? Again, promising to something and delivering below average (Phillips CD-i).
Do we have yo go back and take a look at Nintendo basically being afraid of RARE (during the pre Gamecube era) and cutting their funds to develop Gamecube Games? And how they did the exact same move to RetroStudios in the Wii era?

I can imagine how awful "next gen" Nintendo console will be... because according to tradition... it won't be what they're promising today.:teach:
Post automatically merged:

Nintendo E3 2012:

Nintendo delivering Cell Shaded Zelda because WiiU can't run the game and Switch can barely run it at 30fps.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Marc_LFD and CoolMe

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, Nintendo's first party titles using Unreal Engine loses its charm.

Was excited for Pikmin 4 - until I found out it uses Unreal Engine and not their proprietary engine. While I understand it's cheaper, easier and quicker to just use an off-the-shelf engine, it's disappointing because we know they weren't putting all their effort into making the game.
have you seen the guy working on an Unreal version of Ocarina of time? Dunno if it'll ever be finished, but the work so far is stunning. I'd pay $60 for that remake in a heartbeat. I refuse to pay $60 for the SMB RPG remake. That's too much for too little. Already bought the damn game once.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Switch... to PS5.
Yeah, now that I'm old, I sometimes go back in time and think about Nintendo being Nintendo throughout the decades.
For instance, still have magazines with reports of Shoshinkais, 90s E3s and whatnot, and during the N64 era, Nintendo showcased "Project Reality" (the N64) and Nintendo showcased N64 games running in hardware and they had Cinema like graphics... turns out those demos were running in Silicon Graphics PCs when in fact the N64 wasn't capable of achieving that. And then Nintendo is like: "it's because developers don't know how to develop for our systems".
Like how the fuck Nintendo keeps getting away with dumb gaming hardware promises? Do we have to talk about the failed project that they were doing with SONY? Again, promising to something and delivering below average (Phillips CD-i).
Do we have yo go back and take a look at Nintendo basically being afraid of RARE (during the pre Gamecube era) and cutting their funds to develop Gamecube Games? And how they did the exact same move to RetroStudios in the Wii era?

I can imagine how awful "next gen" Nintendo console will be... because according to tradition... it won't be what they're promising today.:teach:
Right, switch to Sony, who also demoed games for platforms that couldn't actually run them, like The Last Guardian revealed for ps3 yet demoed on an overclocked system that couldn't be done on consumer units. Or how the contract between Sony and Nintendo for that project would have given Sony all royalties and dropped Nintendo into 3rd-party territory, if not completely under. Or how Nintendo let Microsoft buy Rareware because they weren't doing much when most of the talent had already left the company....

It's really silly to focus on a company like this, and suggest folks move to another who also deal in shady tactics....

Post automatically merged:

Nintendo E3 2012:

Nintendo delivering Cell Shaded Zelda because WiiU can't run the game and Switch can barely run it at 30fps.

Tech demos are never really shown in a setting that could be used in a full game because they are so finely tuned to the hardware and scripted as such. A full game has far more going on with it that it's near impossible to get such tuning. You focused on the cel-shading of BotW, but completely ignored the open-world setting that is completely devoid in the tech demo...

Also, that tech demo is from 2011, not 2012.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this new device won't be another "Ports, ports, and more ports" machine like they did with the Switch, giving us Wii U ports over new original titles. That was a lazy, dick move to all of us who already bought those games on the Wii U AND bought a Switch.

That being said though, I do see a bunch of third party PS4/Xbone games being ported to the system, along with the typical indie shovelware garbage the eShop syphoned from the bottom of Steam's barrel.

Reactions: CoolMe and BigOnYa

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this new device won't be another "Ports, ports, and more ports" machine like they did with the Switch, giving us Wii U ports over new original titles. That was a lazy, dick move to all of us who already bought those games on the Wii U AND bought a Switch.

That being said though, I do see a bunch of third party PS4/Xbone games being ported to the system, along with the typical indie shovelware garbage the eShop syphoned from the bottom of Steam's barrel.
There is quite a difference of how Nintendo is now than how they were before. E.g., online play was free on the 3DS/Wii/WiiU and now it's a paid service because they're following what M$/Sony are doing.

It's possible Nintendo will make a digital-only Switch 2 seeing how PS5 Discless / Xbox Series S was were a success.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
In theory, this would also prevent piracy. I would not be surprised if they go this way.
I think if they got rid of external storage, there won't be any entrypoints to hack the system. Either that, or use a proprietary file system like Sony and Microsoft do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty