Hacking little help in regurds to eshop games (via CFW)

froggydarren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right doing a lot of homework (on a Saturday with kids off school lol) and I starting to understand the do's and dont's installing wii u games onto usb ect but I would really like to install wii games on the wii u front end and I understand I need to use CFW in order fro them to boot but my plan is to just boot into mocha when I want to use eshop games (don't like the sound of rednand and the fw.img tbh) so was wondering if I installed eshop games do they show up and refuse to boot or do they only appear in cfw mode?

also am I right in thinking I can just load homebrew loader select cfw and then that's it and once powered down it returns to being a stock wii u (kids like to mess with things lol)

thank you in advance for any help I am doing the homework just afew pointers would be great :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
installed eshop games do they show up and refuse to boot
Yes, they will say "The NNID that purchased this app was removed, consider uninstalling this game"

I can just load homebrew loader select cfw and then that's it and once powered down it returns to being a stock wii u
Exactly! It's the least convenient way of running CFW, but it's certainly possible plus on the other hand it's the free one

Reactions: froggydarren

froggydarren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the response :) I would prefer CFW at boot and I can see how its done but in my case its very risky (my wife uses the console a lot so do the kids) so a fail safe is better then a brick :) if its a simple app that I load to run CFW then that's perfect as I hate booting into vwii mode then usb loader then selecting games ect just boot cfw then done :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong