Logitech Gaming Software is garbage

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their is a very dirty way of having a software to install in a different location even if the install doesn't give you the installation path option (Actually don't know if this still works in Windows 10). Modifying the registry located at:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
should do the trick. After making changes to the registry to the desired path aka changing the letter "C" to whatever drive you want the software to install too, you can either kill explorer.exe task or better yet log out, then log back in and start the install and after completed installing, you can change the values back. The caveat is that sometimes the shortcuts that the installer create doesn't point to the correct location, but a "send to > desktop (create shortcut)" works well for this. I tried this with Adobe CC 2018 and it actually installed where I want it to install without logging in to Creative Cloud and also not to the default location, the same for Office 2016 retail version as well with success. Another caveat some installers are immune to this method. It is recommended to revert back before rebooting your computer though.
21e1g0n.jpg

Alternatively you could use the provided Registry, and if needed you can make changes to it. It was created in Windows Server environment and do not know if it will work in Windows 10.

I'd say yes? The whole "admin" concept is a joke and should have an option to turn off.
Their is a way to completely turn it off and the UAC prompt will no longer prompt you anymore.
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
EDIT:
I forgot to say a reboot is necessary after editing the Registry for the UAC setting

Attachments

• ProgramFilesPath.7z
    461 bytes · Views: 149
Last edited by RandomUser,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe