Hardware Logitech M510 Mouse prevents screensaver and standby

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is in the wrong section, I apologize, as it covers both software and hardware, mostly hardware.

So, this is kind of a software or hardware related issue, and frankly, it's beyond baffling. I firmly believe that my wireless mouse is preventing my computer to go into screensaver or standby mode when I'm away. See, it was working fine earlier today, as well as yesterday. For the life of me, I can't seem to locate the correct drivers, and yes, "use this device to wake up computer" is disabled on the mouse, but not keyboard. I ran DISM checks and the Windows image is free of corrupted files, I ran a health repair command, that too came out with a clean bill of health. So, on the OS side of things, nothing is corrupted, no viruses, malware, spyware, etc that is causing this. I checked task manager, nothing out of the ordinary seemed out of place. The only thing I did install lately was uPlay, and that was when I started to notice this, I don't know if it's coincidence, but I doubt it's the culprit. I have the program set up so that it doesn't launch after booting up, that said, I can't think of anything else other than something to do with the mouse receiver being jacked up. It's one of those Logitech unifying receivers that you use with a mouse/keyboard combo, but I have a wired G910 Spectrum and then this wireless optical mouse. Could this be causing a conflict? Is this why I see two USB/HID entries for the mouse? Like, I'm baffled at this, if nothing on the OS itself is corrupted, if there's no damaged files and if everything else is working fine, why or how could a mouse be preventing standby or screensavers from starting?

Attached below is what I see in the device manager, keyboard and other entries are fine. This started happening two days ago, went away, and now is doing it again, and yes, I did disable "allow this device to wake up the computer" in the mouse settings. So I suspect that the receiver probably thinks there's still a keyboard as part of the unifying USB dongle, and is sending some information to the receiver, preventing the monitor from sleeping. Not sure what the issue is, and it's starting to piss me off. I've had a similar issue on other machines, and I may have to get a wired mouse instead of wireless, or maybe the AA batteries are dying?

Attachments

• two mice.PNG
    two mice.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 251

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a M510 myself but never use standby/screen saver i just shut my monitor off when i leave or go bed so idk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1