Hacking Luma 7.0.1 + LumaLocaleSwitcher 0.0.3 region/language problem.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
On my Jp n3ds I just updated to 7.01 Luma from 6.6 and the LocaleSwitcher from 0.0.2 to 0.0.3-Nightly

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

I now have a issue with the LumaLocalSwitcher not saving the "Region and Language" options, as when refreshing the screen or exiting and re enabling the app, the settings always revert to "System Default"

My folder location is on my SD card is Luma/Locales, which the app shows /luma/locales/%s.txt when choosing a location.

The application does appear to save the txt files to this directory i.e 000400000018A400.txt and has the region and language settings I provided. However, as stated before, they revert to default and because of this, some out of region games will not boot on a Japanese system and totally rely on this application.

Going back to Luma 6.6 and 0.0.2 of the Localeswitcher, this does not occur and works fine.

The github page does say the latest version has bugs, so wondering if this is one??

Anyone else with a Japanese console that uses this application that has recently updated to Luma 7.01?

EDIT: Issue is now resolved. Latest Luma, as of writing (7.01) has changed it's path for the "TitleID" for each specific title, which is /luma/titles/<titleID>/locale.txt. It used to be /luma/locales/<titleID>.txt

Credit to @
evandixon

For pointing this out to me

LumaLocaleSwitcher does not give you this option in it's settings to change it to /luma/titles/<titleID>/locale.txt, so at present, until the developer fixes it, the user must manual edit the locales.conf and enter:

/luma/titles/%s/locale.txt.

When choosing region and language settings, a separate folder is created using the title ID as it's name with a "locale.txt" file inside with the users settings.

There is a minor display bug still with the application, as it does not show the changed settings (still shows system default) on the list of titles, yet everything still works as before.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
What game are you trying to do? How do you set up a txt file for a game to force a language?

On a Japanese N3DS, games like Zelda Majora's mask (USA) needs US/EN set, otherwise it will crash out to the main menu. With LumaLocaleSwitcher you don't have to make a txt file yourself, as the program does it for you after you choose your settings (you make the "locales" folder and tell the app were to save to). As I said in my 1st post, non of these settings are saved, even though the program creates the txt file and saves it in the "luma/locales/ folder.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Sheimi,

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Last edited by retrofan_k,

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sooo im supposed to use what path ? I don't really speak english but I have the same problem, I can't use emulation language for one of my game
What I have going wrong ?

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 643

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc