Hacking Luma safe update to 11.1?

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so recently 11.1 has come out, and I was planning to update Luma. The only problem is, idk if its safe. I am specifically on Luma + a9lh on sysNAND 9.2, emuNAND 11.0. I heard that NTR has been having some issues with this update. Can anyone confirm that this is a safe update?

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only things I'm aware of that broke are Homebrew Launcher (fixed by smealum) and BootNTR. BootNTR has been "half fixed" I guess you could say by astronaut level. 11.1 updated both the HomeMenu and NATIVE_FIRM which is why BootNTR broke. Currently BootNTR has been updated for the HomeMenu change, and the NATIVE_FIRM is being looked into. There is a work around here if BootNTR is important to you. Note that Nanquitas' Selector/Loader have also been updated with astronaut's HomeMenu fix as well.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so NTR does ( in some way ) works on 11.1? I saw that you need to make a dump on 11.0 for it to work. Could you translate that into something
more easier to understand? Sorry, I am such a noob with this CFW stuff.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, so NTR does ( in some way ) works on 11.1? I saw that you need to make a dump on 11.0 for it to work. Could you translate that into something
more easier to understand? Sorry, I am such a noob with this CFW stuff.
You need the NATIVE FIRM of 11.0 and the latest Luma DEV to get everything to work. To get the firm, you need to dump it from the back up of your 11.0 NAND.

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ill just wait and stay on 11.0 till they get the NTR fully working with just an update. Thanks though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wii Spurts