Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the screen flashes for a second at boot, then you have the latest version of A9LH.
Well it goes straight to the Splash(es) screen and then turns a lightish black before popping into Emunand when I boot without pressing anything? would it be like a super noticeable flash or something? Like a different colour? I'm not sure what'd happen if I try updating with that file and it turns out I am on the latest.

Wait, you said the newest allowed for Decrypt9 before boot, so that means if I can hold L+R and boot into decrypt9 I have the latest correct?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it goes straight to the Splash(es) screen and then turns a lightish black before popping into Emunand when I boot without pressing anything? would it be like a super noticeable flash or something? Like a different colour? I'm not sure what'd happen if I try updating with that file and it turns out I am on the latest.

Wait, you said the newest allowed for Decrypt9 before boot, so that means if I can hold L+R and boot into decrypt9 I have the latest correct?
You'd need to get Decrypt9WIP.bin from releases and rename it to arm9payload.bin and put it in the /rei/ folder. If it boots it up, then yes you're on the latest version of A9LH.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to get Decrypt9WIP.bin from releases and rename it to arm9payload.bin and put it in the /rei/ folder. If it boots it up, then yes you're on the latest version of A9LH.
Yeah I've already done that. With the newest version of Decrypt9, holding L+R launches it near instantly. so I'm guessing the screen would noticeably flash were it not for the splash screens I have then.

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Aurora Wright I noticed the code now checks for no-screen-init and bypasses the splash screen etc if found.

Thank you! I was commenting out the "loadSplash( )" call before in code but won't need to anymore >.< so that's awesome for those of us that prefer the no-screen-init a9lh!

I'm also loving the payload L+R option, makes Decrypt9 as a backup method so easy and clean vs. having to use a separate boot manager.

I make a few quick changes for my own uses still (drop support for L/R functions, and make payload L+R+B+D Pad Down for safety *kids put dad's 3ds down!*) but other than that, this is pretty damn optimal.

Reactions: democracy and Kever

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I make a few quick changes for my own uses still (drop support for L/R functions, and make payload L+R+B+D Pad Down for safety *kids put dad's 3ds down!*) but other than that, this is pretty damn optimal.[/USER]

can you share this version /changes please? Or Pincode for secure where nice to have

Last edited by Kever,
Reactions: democracy

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you share this version /changes please? Or Pincode for secure where nice to have
To disable the L/R functions comment out these lines: https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/blob/master/source/firm.c#L77-L82
To make the L+R function = "L+R+B+Down on D-Pad" instead: make this line: https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/blob/master/source/firm.c#L70 show
Code:
if(a9lhBoot && (pressed & BUTTON_L1R1BD) == BUTTON_L1R1BD) loadPayload();
You also have to add a line here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/blob/master/source/firm.h#L16 and put this code in the new line to add that new button combination:
Code:
#define BUTTON_L1R1BD (BUTTON_L1R1 | (2) | (1 << 7))

Edit: cleaned up the code a bit, screwed up pasting it lol

Last edited by Sniffynose,
Reactions: Kever and democracy

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my a9lh is not reading the boot config ini file, it boots straight to aurei emunand even I hold X, Y or A. I used the file downloaded from plailect. I can confirm that emunand9.bin, ARN.bin and decrypt9WIP.bin are all in the a9lh folder on root of SD.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright I noticed the code now checks for no-screen-init and bypasses the splash screen etc if found.

Thank you! I was commenting out the "loadSplash( )" call before in code but won't need to anymore >.< so that's awesome for those of us that prefer the no-screen-init a9lh!

I'm also loving the payload L+R option, makes Decrypt9 as a backup method so easy and clean vs. having to use a separate boot manager.

I make a few quick changes for my own uses still (drop support for L/R functions, and make payload L+R+B+D Pad Down for safety *kids put dad's 3ds down!*) but other than that, this is pretty damn optimal.
That already happened, I just returned from loadSplash() if no screen init :) I mean, I don't have it myself!

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
guys, I have finished my a9lh set up yesterday, after a couple of attempts (I was doing in a N3DS and "overlooked" the step to "unbrick the 2.1 emuNAND before flashing it to sysNAND).
I have swapped the emuNAND and sysNAND (now my emuNAND has my old 9.2 sysNAND and I have it set up to use MenuHax). I'm also using the Decrypt9 as arm9payload.bin and all of this is awesome. Thanks @Aurora Wright and all of the devs who put this together!

I have a quick question though. Am I still able to load Gateway if I boot my 9.2 emuNAND and try to load it using the GW.3dsx?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH