Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can natively remove emuNAND from Windows?

Just use the diskpart command in CMD.
I only use Minitool because it lets me format my 64GB card to Fat32 after without any effort. I think it can be done via CMD somehow, but I'm pretty lazy ^^"

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
so what are the actual advantages(disadv.) of using sysNAND alone ? like wiping emuNAND and having only one .

are cias still installable on the sys one? or only legit ones, thanks in advance :)

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I accidentally backed up the entire emunand (on 10.6) and restored it to SysNAND and lost a9lh when I first set things up.

This is why you shouldn't do 3ds hacking at 4 in the morning.
I got my otp and went the a9lh way at 4:30 in the morning.[emoji14]Took me 1:45 hours.

Reactions: astronautlevel

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can do everything you could do in EmuNAND on SysNAND.

wow, mmm well i would like to have the 1-2 gigs back LOL ..even though i have a 64gig card in.
i love keeping lot of free space , if i wiped emuNAND.

can i restore/flash it onto the sysNAND or how would it go on working? and are the apps that work in emuNAND also gonna work in there?
like bootntr and CHMM etc.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
wow, mmm well i would like to have the 1-2 gigs back LOL ..even though i have a 64gig card in.
i love keeping lot of free space , if i wiped emuNAND.

can i restore/flash it onto the sysNAND or how would it go on working? and are the apps that work in emuNAND also gonna work in there?
like bootntr and CHMM etc.
All apps that worked in EmuNAND will work in SysNAND.

You can boot decrypt9, backup the CTRNAND partition of your EmuNAND, then inject it into your SysNAND to install EmuNAND to SysNAND. After that you can format your SD card without EmuNAND.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
All apps that worked in EmuNAND will work in SysNAND.

You can boot decrypt9, backup the CTRNAND partition of your EmuNAND, then inject it into your SysNAND to install EmuNAND to SysNAND. After that you can format your SD card without EmuNAND.

seems super easy, buuuuut mm i wouldnt want to recopy 45gigs :/ too lazyyyy

so do i have to format my mSD? couldnt i just wipe the emuNAND partition and that would leave my other folders untouched no?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
seems super easy, buuuuut mm i wouldnt want to recopy 45gigs :/ too lazyyyy

so do i have to format my mSD? couldnt i just wipe the emuNAND partition and that would leave my other folders untouched no?
That's totally understandable :)

*I haven't tested this* but you MAY be able to use something like GParted to extend the fat32 partition of your SD card over the emunand partition.

Don't try it without an SD card backup though :)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
That's totally understandable :)

*I haven't tested this* but you MAY be able to use something like GParted to extend the fat32 partition of your SD card over the emunand partition.

Don't try it without an SD card backup though :)

Meh! thanks ! but ! i am still too lazy >.> i am happy with my emuNAND <.< so.. i will keep cool.

thanks again and have a good day my friend.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to make the switch from cakes to Aureinand. I've got a question though. Looking at the guide I followed to downgrade my 3ds (currently on a9lh + cakes and 10.7) there's no information on the aureinand setup on how to block firm partition update patches to enable safe updating to the latest firmware releases. Is this something auirenand does without any need to configure it?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to make the switch from cakes to Aureinand. I've got a question though. Looking at the guide I followed to downgrade my 3ds (currently on a9lh + cakes and 10.7) there's no information on the aureinand setup on how to block firm partition update patches to enable safe updating to the latest firmware releases. Is this something auirenand does without any need to configure it?
AuReiNAND automatically blocks FIRM0/1 partition updates.

Read the OP

Reactions: oFire and daxtsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP