Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I finally see what you are saying. I'll try and report back. Thanks again.

By streamlined you mean not using arm9select correct?
Technically you can use it, but it's better if arn stays as default payload. Without it, instead, you also avoid needing to use the path changer every time, so I'd give it a try at least (what you're experiencing is the reason I like this barebones chainloader to be built-in).

Mak22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Once you have an emuNAND, launch it through the Homebrew Launcher or menuhax (more preferable if you want an "autoboot" setup).
I am already using an emunand of rxtools (RX E 10.5.0) on sysnand (9.2.0) and have menuhax installed..... so if just copy these files on my sd card will i boot in AuReiNand emunand ? or i have to install everything again ?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am already using an emunand of rxtools (RX E 10.5.0) on sysnand (9.2.0) and have menuhax installed..... so if just copy these files on my sd card will i boot in AuReiNand emunand ? or i have to install everything again ?
Just delete all the rxTools stuff and place the AuReiNAND files on your SD card then you should be good to go! :D

Reactions: Mak22

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Quick question , will i retain my nnid friend list and installed cia games ?
Cfw doesn't get installed to the nand. It patches the nand at boot time to have all the stuff it does. That is why you have to keep the cfw files on your system. That is why all you need to do to switch is just swap some files and if using a boot manager you point it to the new file for the cfw. So no matter the cfw you pick all your stuff will be there.

Reactions: Mak22

Mak22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Cfw doesn't get installed to the nand. It patches the nand at boot time to have all the stuff it does. That is why you have to keep the cfw files on your system. That is why all you need to do to switch is just swap some files and if using a boot manager you point it to the new file for the cfw. So no matter the cfw you pick all your stuff will be there.
Thnks for the rply sirbeethoven, supster , a random guy and peanut butter and jelly....So many yeses i will definitely try it now :D

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yay it worked.... thankyou !!! I was wondering is there a way to keep both rx and aurei ? :unsure: (you know just for research purposes )
Yes, you can keep both cfw very easily. just setup with bootmanager not arm9bootmanager. so you need 9.2 or below firmware installed sysnand. I think this is totally pointless now. because D9 and AuReiNand doing more awesome jobs than rxtools.

GTOnizuka

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

first of all I would like to say sorry if I'm asking a question that maybe is already been asked, but I swear that I googled like there's no tomorrow for this, here and all around the net ( Reddit, Wikis, Github, etc. ) to see if maybe someone else is having my situation.

I have a O3DS with FW 4.3 which ( if possible ) I would like not to update because my DS Flash Card will then be f**ked up and it will not work anymore. Although I'm already having the latest nightly release of RxTools 3.0 ( I guess it's a month or two old anyway, but it was one of the latest before it stopped releasing nightly builds ). Actually I am booting it through the DS Profile hack and it's working awesome. And I have also a EmuNAND on my SD updated to 10.5.

Now my question is: is there any way to boot AuReiNand via this method? I found I could use menuhax ( but only for FW 9.x ), arm9loaderhax ( which I would need to pull out some keys but they are already encrypted ) and 3dsx method ( but I didn't got honestly what does this method require, I guess Gateway? ).

So any help from you would be awesome for me to understand which would be the safest path for me to switch from rxTools to AuReiNand.

Thanks in advance!

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi guys,

first of all I would like to say sorry if I'm asking a question that maybe is already been asked, but I swear that I googled like there's no tomorrow for this, here and all around the net ( Reddit, Wikis, Github, etc. ) to see if maybe someone else is having my situation.

I have a O3DS with FW 4.3 which ( if possible ) I would like not to update because my DS Flash Card will then be f**ked up and it will not work anymore. Although I'm already having the latest nightly release of RxTools 3.0 ( I guess it's a month or two old anyway, but it was one of the latest before it stopped releasing nightly builds ). Actually I am booting it through the DS Profile hack and it's working awesome. And I have also a EmuNAND on my SD updated to 10.5.

Now my question is: is there any way to boot AuReiNand via this method? I found I could use menuhax ( but only for FW 9.x ), arm9loaderhax ( which I would need to pull out some keys but they are already encrypted ) and 3dsx method ( but I didn't got honestly what does this method require, I guess Gateway? ).

So any help from you would be awesome for me to understand which would be the safest path for me to switch from rxTools to AuReiNand.

Thanks in advance!
Use this guide to update to 9.2.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

There is no need to keep your system at 4.x, you can use your DS flash cart just fine on 9.2 (with a fully updated emunand) as AuReiNand automatically patches TWL_FIRM for you. Of course, if you want to you could install a9lh which lets you have cfw with a fully updated sysnand but there is a risk of bricking and the main benefit is making dsiware and gba games work easier.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
If the only thing keeping you from updating is your DS flashcart then you need to do some more research. You can easily get the flashcart to work on an updated firmware.

And no, you can not boot AuReiNand from MSET.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to keep your system at 4.x, you can use your DS flash cart just fine on 9.2 (with a fully updated emunand) as AuReiNand automatically patches TWL_FIRM for you. Of course, if you want to you could install a9lh which lets you have cfw with a fully updated sysnand but there is a risk of bricking and the main benefit is making dsiware and gba games work easier.
Actually, I think the larger benefits of A9LH are ability to unbrick sysnand, 100% boot success rate, and 8 second bootup. All of the A9LH bricks I've seen/heard of happened due to user error.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I think the larger benefits of A9LH are ability to unbrick sysnand, 100% boot success rate, and 8 second bootup. All of the A9LH bricks I've seen/heard of happened due to user error.

Unbricking sysnand isn't much of a problem if you don't use it but rather use emunand. The bootup time really wasn't that much longer either. The 100% boot rate is nice but I only bothered with a9lh once the TWL_FIRM autopatching was implemented.

And yes, I still have emunand. It's at 9.2 with FBI injected and a FTP server installed, but nothing else. Mostly so that it wouldn't be necessary to take the back off my system when there was an update that required a new firmware.bin but now that firmware.bin is no longer needed I only keep it because I don't want to have to backup and then restore 50GB worth of files to remove it.

Last edited by nl255,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1