Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gonna point it out here since I wound up having to help myself after no one responded to my thread.
Something's wrong with Luma3DS' region/language emulation.

I downloaded a Japanese copy of ACNL but the game crashes as soon as you open it whether or not region free/language emulation is selected.
Using HANS the game boots just fine. I found in order to make the game crash loading with HANS I had to switch it's region to something other to JPN.

NTR's language emulation also makes the game boot just fine so Luma seems to be the issue here.
Have you tried doing this part of the wiki?

Enable region/language emulation: Enables the region/language emulation feature. This allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load.
  • To use it:
    • Create a folder named locales inside luma/
    • Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up onwww.3dsdb.com).
    • Inside the file,
      • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")
      • Put an empty space
      • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
  • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
    • Create 0004000000055E00.txt
    • Put in JPN JP
    • Save

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or do Snes VC titles not work on Luma3DS, they get stuck at 3DS red waves screen for me.
I'm using n3DS with Luma3DS (latest nightly) and Emunand on 10.7EU

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unlink nands
how to play gba games in emunand?
thank you
1. Read the FAQ
2. Reread the FAQ
3. READ the FAQ
4. If you still have not read the FAQ then you don't know how to follow instructions and it's no wonder you don't have this working.
5. Install GBA games to BOTH SYSnand and EMUnand

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You haven't configured Luma3DS to work with your boot manager, please refer to this for instructions
I use dat not bin so this not work
I nerver install patched AGB/TWL FIRM cia in emu so this also not work

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it just me or do Snes VC titles not work on Luma3DS, they get stuck at 3DS red waves screen for me.
I'm using n3DS with Luma3DS (latest nightly) and Emunand on 10.7EU

Maybe snes game are like gba game and need to be installed on both sysnand and emunand.

You haven't configured Luma3DS to work with your boot manager, please refer to this for instructions
I use dat not bin so this not work
I nerver install patched AGB/TWL FIRM cia in emu so this also not work

Have you installed your games to sysnand too ?

_Vinny_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have a problem.

Recently I installed Luma3DS on my classic old 3DS, but when I start the games Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros for 3DS I got a black screen.

I installed the same CIAs games in another 3DS with rxtools, and works fine.

My 3DS with problem: Old 3DS classic EUR, Sysnand 9.2, Emunand 10.7, Luma3DS 5.4, CTRBootManager and SD 32g.

My 3DS without problem: OLD 3DS XL, EUR, Sysnand 9.2, Emunand 10.7, RxTools 3, CTRBootManager and SD 16g.

I found this: Installation and Upgrade · AuroraWright/Luma3DS Wiki
But I dont have a "Luma3DS .bin" on my SD.

I loved using Luma3DS but need a solution to play without problems. Any help?

BabyBichu

Trophies
Website
babybic.hu
XP
Country
United States
Hm...do you know if DS/DSi things worked on the sysNAND? If so I suppose that could perhaps help. I suppose if you want to try that and you have the sysNAND installed somewhere you could extract just it's TWL partition and just inject that into the emu's NAND. Making backups beforehand of course.
I'm sure I was in sysNAND.

A

a9lh-1user

Health & Safety is now your FBI

looks like this:
9E8P61l.jpg

Last edited by ,

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I need some explanation about this method for new3ds, Is this for old and new3ds?

I heard that we need to Unbrick the 2.1 downgraded EmuNAND before inject on sysNAND(only for New3DS), is there anything else that I have to do for the New3DS in the process?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
k9lh works both on n3ds and o3ds (and 2ds for that matter, but that's just an o3ds in different hardware). Follow the guide exactly and you'll be safe. Unbricking EmuNAND is done automatically via OTPHelper 1 click setup.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
k9lh works both on n3ds and o3ds (and 2ds for that matter, but that's just an o3ds in different hardware). Follow the guide exactly and you'll be safe. Unbricking EmuNAND is done automatically via OTPHelper 1 click setup.

You mean I can make that github tutorial for any 3DS (Old/2DS/New) and there's no problem? risk?

kawlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I updated rednand but i seems that the update stuck to 10.5. And i coudn't make it to 10.7, when i transfer the emunand back to my sysnand.

it is normal that i could not update beyond the 10.5 fw ? it says error, need to reboot...

a1user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Plailect's guide to update to aureinand initially (CFW with no Emu/RedNAND). I had been keeping it updated with the latest Luma3DS and everything was working alright for a few weeks. As I was installing my converted 3ds dumps to cia with FBI about a week ago, the system all of a sudden lost the ability to install unsigned cia files. Now I can't install old ones which were previously installable. Everything else seems okay.

What could have happened to cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P