Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After the latest update, when using the "Replace H&S with homebrew loader" is kinda faulty.
If I didnt load any other game or app before loading the Homebrew Loader, it works fine.
If I try to open the Homebrew Loader after playing any game or app, it doesnt load, gets stuck on a black screen.

edit: I noticed that it only happens with games that have translation and region patches, if the game is unmodified and it is on the same region it doesnt happen.

Last edited by Sonic3320,
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a new 3ds i want to remove all cfw since i want it clean. It has an old hack method with Luma that requires the files on the sd card. Is there any guide to remove it? Any way of getting the cfw version? Appreciate any guidance

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah this one doesn’t boot withiut the sd card :)
That just means Luma wasn't copied to the NAND when it was set up. That is trivial to fix. (It certainly doesn't require removing CFW somehow.)

Also what are the risks for ban? I know the service is going down but still…
No one really gets banned without brazenly cheating online.

Reactions: champsblinder02

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi, It's been long like 4-5years maybe since I hacked my (new 3ds xl), I just used it today, It's running luma 10.2.1 & it;s on firmware 11.14.0-46E, How do I update it manually? I forgot how I did it before, it would be nice if you guide me or share with me links, thanks

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, It's been long like 4-5years maybe since I hacked my (new 3ds xl), I just used it today, It's running luma 10.2.1 & it;s on firmware 11.14.0-46E, How do I update it manually? I forgot how I did it before, it would be nice if you guide me or share with me links, thanks
Google Luma latest update and download the Luma boot and put it on the root of the S card

Reactions: champsblinder02

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you help on one other thing, I am trying to use the n64 emulator but it keeps getting stuck on glitch screen after the 3ds logo
That has nothing to do with Luma, so why are you asking about it in the Luma thread?

Also, why don't you say what game you're trying to run? N64 emulation is very limited and it is entirely possible you are trying to run an incompatible game.

Reactions: raxadian and CoolMe

GAPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the support for 3DS now being removed from Nintendo, I wonder if installing this will remove my warranty? I had this 3DS for a decade now so I guess I have no reason to worry about it. The thing is, my NNID is connected to my Nintendo account. I do not want it comprommised and tog et banned by Nitnedo. What are the odds of that happening?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With the support for 3DS now being removed from Nintendo, I wonder if installing this will remove my warranty? I had this 3DS for a decade now so I guess I have no reason to worry about it. The thing is, my NNID is connected to my Nintendo account. I do not want it comprommised and tog et banned by Nitnedo. What are the odds of that happening?
And your 3DS is still under warranty after a decade!?

To be honest I'm sick of seeing the question "Will I get banned on 3DS?" for the 1642th time.
Even if there was a ban risk (which pretty much is not), who would care about getting banned from an online service going down in a few weeks?

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
  • Haha
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto