• Double Dragon

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Bubble Bobble Arcade rom was only dumped a few years ago so yeah definitely Bubble Bobble.

Double Dragon not only is one the early titles to play okay in Mame, it has played okay for over a decade now, but unlike Bubble Bubble people actually prefer the ports and sequels. The Gameboy game and certain Nes game are fan favorites. And the Gameboy game is one of the games I played the most in my Gameboy, after Pokemon Blue that I reset to death to play around with the bugs and I ain't talking about bug Pokemon.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: banjo2

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@FluBBa : A big thank you for all these new emulators!

I just tested them, it's very fluid, it turns really well.

I still noticed a few small bugs here and there, here they are:

GreenBeretDS : Mr Goemon has some graphicals issues
Iron Horse : Farwest & Dai Ressya Goutou has some graphicals issues
Jackal : flip screen doesn't work in the DipSwitch settings
Jailbreak : the bootleg version works but it's not in the menu
Renegade : US bootleg doesn't work but I think it comes from my version of the rom

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did a quick test of a bunch of them (Black Tiger was yesterday but eh, Double Dribble, Green Beret, Iron Horse, Jackal, Renegade, Son Son). Few glitches here and there for some sprites and going to have to figure out which screen scaling does for which level and games for some.

I get why Y and A were picked for their respective directions in Renegade but it is going to take some getting used to.
Also are the bats I guess they were in Son Son normally so hard to see?
On Jackal I think the help screen for green beret was put in there.
When you go back to the press L and R on a bunch of them without a ROM loaded you also get a buzzing sound.

Isegrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, it's a me. I also have the S8DS and NitroGrafx for Sega 8bit and PC-Engine.
All emulators use the same menu system and share code/repo for all chips so it's easy to create new emulators that use the same chips.
Ghost'N Goblins doesn't want to start the file system though, not sure what is happening there, DeSmuME looks like it patches the DLDI correctly but it's not working.

Unfortunately to this day I could never get PC Engine CD games working with NitroGradx on DS XL despite great great efforts haha.

However S8DS and NitroGrafx are in my opinion the very best the DS has to offer. It was a blast to experience it.
So many thanks for these!
Have a great day.
I'm gonna need to check out the new projects as well.

Reactions: Garcimak and banjo2

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@FluBBa Thanks for the updates :)

I just finished testing the new versions of jackal and jailbreak, jailbreak works fine but jackal has some sprites issues when the flip screen option is on.

I also tested the .zip files which were not added in the menus of the versions of the roms, some versions work, here they are:

BlackTigerDS --> file : blktigerb3.zip name : Black Tiger / Black Dragon (mixed bootleg?)

DoubleDribbleDS --> file : kdribble.zip name : Double Dribble (handheld)
DoubleDribbleDS --> file : pc_dbldr.zip name : Double Dribble (PlayChoice-10)

GreenBeretDS --> file : greenber.zip name : Green Beret (Irem)
GreenBeretDS --> file : pc_rnatk.zip name : Rush'n Attack (PlayChoice-10)

JackalDS --> file : jackalbl.zip name : Jackal (bootleg, Rotary Joystick)

JailBreakDS --> file : hb_jailb.zip name : Jail Break (Qps) (set 1)
JailBreakDS --> file : hb_jailba.zip name : Jail Break (Qps) (set 2)

YieArDS --> file : yieartf.zip name : Yie Ar Kung-Fu (GX361 conversion)

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
I uploaded Ghosts'N Goblins, updated Black Tiger with support for the mixed bootleg.
Changed the rom loading routines to use the CRC32 instead of the filename since that seems to be what MAME is doing (GnG uses a lot of different names for the same files). Will add all Jackal versions, not sure if I can implement the rotary joystick though...
PlayChoice10 are NES games, might look into that, very similar to the PunchOut hardware (2 screens, 6502+NES sound, Z80).
The other games are completely different hardware.
PunchOut! coming soon.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @FluBBa Thanks for the last updates :)

I had no problem with the latest version of DoubleDribbleDS but with the latest version of IronHorseDS my .zip (roms) files are no longer recognized, there is a CRC problem that there was not in the previous one version, I reinstalled the old version, the games are working so I know my .zip files are not corrupted, is it possible to add wider compatibility on the latest version ?

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated