PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hahahahaha said:
Yeah, no need to rush it. Unlike me, I'm sure you have a life
smile.gif
. I also was wondering, is the dialogue similar to the GBC Silver version? If so, it could be useful. (I cant tell, only know basic Japanese)

Not all of it is as there are new things added in as with every new pokémon game.
But the general plot line is just being copied from the Original Transcripts by WataruKun as far as I'm aware of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt mind waiting, I'm playing the game steadily in English and really enjoying it. If you delay is there a rough estimate for Olivine, I'd just like a rough 1-3 week guess kinda, doesnt have to be accurate if your gonna delay it again after the guess. I'm playing it and so is my brother so it'll get him off my back if he knows that Olivine is out in 2 weeks or whatever xD
Hope that doesnt sound greedy cause I didnt mean it that way :3

But yeah i'd say wait and do what you feel need's doing which up to Olivine sounds good, It'd give you a chance to work while people play, you can play up to a Gym in a day and people wont notice it, but when they've got 1-3 towns translated they will appreciate the work being put into it to keep it as "english as possible" I'd hope, otherwise they're just greedy nubs xD .

Anyways thanks again for your awesome work :]

Pinwhistle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
I've decided that Beta 4 will PROBABLY just be up to Ecruteak. Unless you want me to delay the patch even longer for Olivine
rolleyes.gif
Maybe it's just me here, but I say release it. Incremental is good for something like this. As people work their way through Ecruteak to Olivine, you can work on Olivine, and release the Olivine update around when people reach that point. Of course for power players they'll rush right through the translated bits pronto. But for those of us who play more casually, it'll let us enjoy the game more seamlessly.

Either way, up to you, I'm just glad to be able to play this game with some coherence.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's gonna release it. He's gonna continually ask the question until somebody says release it. Then he'll release it and whine about people making videos again. It's all for attention and e-fame, he does this with every beta release.

And no offense, but I can't see how he's possibly busy with anything else, because translating is time consuming as it is, and with him constantly attention whoring in this topic about his betas, I can't see him actually doing anything else during the day since he's either on here or translating. If he was so busy he wouldn't be posting here as much as he does

hahahahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
kidisnice87 said:
He's gonna release it. He's gonna continually ask the question until somebody says release it. Then he'll release it and whine about people making videos again. It's all for attention and e-fame, he does this with every beta release.

And no offense, but I can't see how he's possibly busy with anything else, because translating is time consuming as it is, and with him constantly attention whoring in this topic about his betas, I can't see him actually doing anything else during the day since he's either on here or translating. If he was so busy he wouldn't be posting here as much as he does

If you don't like Watarukun, leave. No one is forcing you to be here. And unless this patch is offensive to you for some reason, keep the comments to yourself, don't bother everyone else here. And so what if Watarukun wants videos on Youtube, I think that they are a great idea of checking his current progress, and we can then comment on it here. And so what if he wants to release the Beta patches, many people do want to play them. Please, unless you have something nice or useful to post, don't post anything.

Mas01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kidisnice87 said:

lol, your going to get bitch slapped by him. The reason why he posts a lot is so either he can get feedback from us, let's us know when the next release is and tells us to upload videos in order for him to find mistakes and untranslated texts.

That is all.

pokefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a question..

who is that japanese looking lady that you meet early in the game and then in ilex forest?
she looks like one of those dancers from ecrutek?
well i was wondering what she says when u see her in ilex forest (as the dialogue is in japanese) and what makes the pokemon that is following you run away from you?
smileipb2.png

Also keep up the good work Watarukun! ignore those spammers!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Watarakun,

I noticed how this rar only has one patch file, instead of two files (one for SS and one for HG). I apologize in advance for possibly asking something stupid, but is this due to the fact that you only made a new patch for Soul Silver, or because this single patch file works on both versions?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot this but also: A million thanks for the new patch~!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aniblaze said:
Hey Watarakun,

I noticed how this rar only has one patch file, instead of two files (one for SS and one for HG). I apologize in advance for possibly asking something stupid, but is this due to the fact that you only made a new patch for Soul Silver, or because this single patch file works on both versions?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot this but also: A million thanks for the new patch~!
Only made a patch for SS. Don't use it for HG because it will probably screw up the rom.

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WataruKun said:
Aniblaze said:
Hey Watarakun,

Thanks in advance!

Only made a patch for SS. Don't use it for HG because it will probably screw up the rom.
Alright, will do. I think it might be wise for me to switch from Gold to Silver. More popular it seems. Thanks again!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might put this patch on hold, after all these are betas, but no ones actually testing. No one's making vids so I can see the untranslated text, no ones posting screens of untranslated text. No one's reporting actual text errors. So it might be going on hold for a while, since I have to test it pratically by myself.

damaztur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I could I would have made some vids.. But the tiny little problem I'm having is the fact that the computer that I'm on is made in the Prehistoric time era:D
So the only way I can make a vid is with a handycam filming my DS. Don't think you'd want that?

GoldenSpark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Was Thinking Of Doing It For You As Soon As XDeltaGUI Patches My Flipping Rom But Still No Luck So I Cant Do It For Ya Yet

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for patching (which a lot of people seem to have trouble with), Open up XDeltaGUI, select the patch, select the rom, and click patch. Now, don't touch your computer. Wait until the orange glow around the button disappears, it should be done patching after that. Then grab the (originalromname)_patched.nds and play.

Hope this helps
yaynds.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
I might put this patch on hold, after all these are betas, but no ones actually testing. No one's making vids so I can see the untranslated text, no ones posting screens of untranslated text. No one's reporting actual text errors. So it might be going on hold for a while, since I have to test it pratically by myself.

I suggest using cheats to play through it.

Or to anyone who wouldn't test otherwise. Just use cheat codes. You can get through it faster, and that way WataruKun here can see more text to translate.

Of course this is assuming that the cheating would ruin the game for you. You can always play through it with cheats then do a real playthrough without cheating at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran