Maintenance bug reports

• Thread starter Zorua
  • Start date
  • Views 4,847
  • Replies 54
Z

Zorua

OP
Is it being worked upon? When will it be back? It's been down for quite a few hours now.

Edit: report any other bugs you find here to help us out -p1ng

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is the place to mention it, but...

Multi-quotes appear to be broken. It will only quote the last thing said on it's own. Worked yesterday, stopped working today.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:

Multi-quotes appear to be broken. It will only quote the last thing said on it's own. Worked yesterday, stopped working today.
Same issue here.
dry.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nathan Drake said:

KingVamp said:
Same issue here.
dry.gif

QUOTE(Schlupi @ May 2 2011, 06:04 AM)
Yeah, it has happened to me all day too. I wonder what caused this?

MultiQuote seems to work fine here.

If you mean Quotes in Quotes, I disabled that. It's normally not needed for anything. It's still a test atm, it may be re-enabled after a while.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The quote in quote in quote is abused.

Sometime, there's even unneeded nested quotes, people hitting quote to reply to the previous poster instead of reply are just adding unrelated quotes in the nest.
I don't know if we can choose the quote limit (like 2 or 3 max, and delete the older ones).

If it's important, we can hit the "+ quote" of each posts, or keep only the important parts that you are replying from.
When I quote something, I usually delete the unrelated text (replacing by [...]), but I'm maybe the only one doing that
laugh.gif

Like TJ_cool said, it's currently a test.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Nathan Drake said:
But...I like the quote in a quote. Sometimes when other information isn't there, people get confused.
The quote in quote in quote is abused.

Sometime, there's even unneeded nested quotes, people hitting quote to reply to the previous poster instead of reply are just adding unrelated quotes in the nest.
I don't know if we can choose the quote limit (like 2 or 3 max, and delete the older ones).

If it's important, we can hit the "+ quote" of each posts, or keep only the important parts that you are replying from.
When I quote something, I usually delete the unrelated text (replacing by [...]), but I'm maybe the only one doing that
laugh.gif

Like TJ_cool said, it's currently a test.

It's still possible manually though.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Trashed post said:

Incorrect rude sir. There was something up with avatar uploads, and with an alternative available, it was easier to place avatar uploads on low priority. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, but it isn't like one really has to go out of their way to upload a picture then use that link.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
Vidboy10 said:
tj_cool said:
Use http://pix.gbatemp.net/ and link it to that one.
So let me get this straight, you (the staff) have permanently disabled direct avatar uploads so I could use your shitty image upload service?
Fuck off.

Incorrect rude sir. There was something up with avatar uploads, and with an alternative available, it was easier to place avatar uploads on low priority. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, but it isn't like one really has to go out of their way to upload a picture then use that link.
My bad, I'm sorry tj is such a fuck up at not explaining it more.
He never said it was temporary so I assumed it was permanent.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sigh, wow I'm sorry for not explaining it better
rolleyes.gif

Avatar uploads caused a security problem, so they have been disabled. They MIGHT be re-enabled eventually, but that's not a sure thing.

Also, pix.gbatemp.net is just a suggestion, you can use ANY picture upload service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8