OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
seadosp said:
So if moonshell gets updated it will be 4.0?
Well, it's pretty much if Moonshell2 Child Zwai gets cracked to allow commercial rom loading that it will be updated to 4.0X.
Exactly !!!
e.g - 'MAIO vA.BB.C'
where:-
  • 'A' is a reference to what version of Moonshell is used (not the Moonshell ACTUAL version)
    • '1'= Moonshell v2.09 (since this was the original version I used when I made MAIO for the first time)
      '2'= Moonshell v2.1Beta
      '3' = Moonshell v2.10Stable
      '4' = would be 'Child Zwai' (if cracked)
      '5' = Whatever the 'next' Moonshell is called (if any) [Moonshell 'Adult Zwai' perhaps ???
      laugh.gif
      ]
    'BB' is a reference number to AKAIO used (not the actual AKAIO version) & increased as newer AKAIO come out
    • '01'= latest AKAIO available when pack is first made, '02' is if that MAIO gets updated with a newer AKAIO etc...
    'C' is for any minor updates to the pack - like any added/removed Plugins or patch fixes etc but no changes to the MS or AKAIO used
But if that causes to much confusion I guess I could always use the actual versions numbers used
- but I don't like the idea of calling the first pack 'MAIO 2.09.1.5.1.0' (for MS 2.09 & AKAIO 1.5.1 & no minor updates) or (if/once cracked) the last one as 'MAIO CZ.1.8.1.0'
laugh.gif

Oh JP: as for the video - Nice attempt !!! but I guess the only REAL way to 'see the difference' if for people to try it out for themselves.....

......Now there's any idea
unsure.gif

... Hmm.. 'A Test Video' in different formats (AVI, DPG etc) pre-compiled to DS screen size for people to download for comparisons.... It'll have to be one with a lot of movement though to check for 'blurring/pixelation' - & colours for 'bleeding' effects

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Oh JP: as for the video - Nice attempt !!! but I guess the only REAL way to 'see the difference' if for people to try it out for themselves.....
xD I noticed that the seeing the difference wasn't going to work out all that great when I couldn't get my camera to focus on the screen, but by then...I decided "w/e, let's see what other differences there are".

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK Sorry to say this but until further notice MAIO is now 'dead'
(Read the first post to find out why)

If anyone can come up with a new method of Commercial ROM running without using Xenon++ 'nds.inilink.nds' files then maybe MAIO will return (or if Xenon++ changes his mind)

If you do figure it out - let me know please & I'll start this up again

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
coolness said:
why listining to Xenon++?? if he don`t want you to use his files why did he upload it -_-
There are several reasons why....but basically it's a 'community' thing.....we respect developers wishes (& calling him an asshole is NOT the right way of doing things)

Rub developers up the wrong way & we'll lose their support...Look at what's happened in the past.....
  • When Moonlight got 'rub up the wrong way' - something about non-payment or something - he/she went on strike & stopped ALL development on moonshell2, leaving us all with a very buggy media program

When the AKAIO team got 'rub up the wrong way' (IIRC it got 'cracked' to work on 'clone cards') - there were fears that all development of AKAIO was to stop (IIRC they also 'went on strike' for a while)
So IF I went against Xenon++ wishes, then there a good chance that ALL development of everything he's done will stop

Although I know why Xenon++ has stopped (I'm not going to say what it is so don't bother asking) - IMHO if it was me, I would wait for a while before reconsidering resuming development - so there MAY be a very slim chance Xenon++ is going to do the same thing

There is also the possibilty that some other developer will take up the challenge & come up with another way to do the same thing - maybe even get the latest version of moonshell to run Commercial ROMS

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
There is also the possibilty that some other developer will take up the challenge & come up with another way to do the same thing - maybe even get the latest version of moonshell to run Commercial ROMS
No offense meant to you, but don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?
Why honor Xenon++'s wishes by restrict or prohibit his works, but say 'Screw Moonlight, maybe someone will crack Moonshell2.10 for commercial ROM loading'?
Moonlight's had issues in the past, one of them being that people were using/cracked Moonshell2 to load commercial ROMs via loaders which is the whole reason for the homebrew only _hn./_vh.ndsloader.nds loaders and changing overlay.dll files -- of which, (I'm pretty sure) Normmatt cracked. The same Normmatt who had a problem with Rudolph over the cracked AKAIO.
The message I'm getting from that is 'it's OK to crack what is not mine, but you mess with my stuff and I'll throw a hissy fit'.

Now, I respect Xenon++ and all the work he's done, and I don't know exactly what went on (other than an imposter on 2ch making one or more posts) so maybe I'm not the best to speak as I don't have the whole picture... but I honestly cannot understand Xenon++'s reasoning for removing ALL his works.
From following his works from the start, he seemed VERY EXTREMELY determined to make sure everything he released was 100% opensource and freely available, which goes completely against what he did by removing everything. I'm not saying 'boo Xeonon++' or anything like that, I just find it odd. I could completely understand if he gave up and stopped releasing updates, but to completely remove his work is just... no other word but 'odd'.

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate here, but I find that one of the most glaring hypocrisies that everyone who stands up for AKAIO/Normmatt likes to gloss over.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
why listining to Xenon++?? if he don`t want you to use his files why did he upload it -_-
It's not that he doesn't want people to use his files -_-"....if you didn't notice that is kind of the reason why he semi-advertised and made a website, and continuously updated for people regardless if they are giving feedback or not. A better question would be to ask YOU why we should listen to you and redistribute it against what Xenon wants because if you haven't heard of it, YSMenu is never updated by Yasu anymore and it's probably because arses redistributed a precompiled YSMenu all over the place which Yasu specifically said NOT to do.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
twiztidsinz said:
CannonFoddr said:
No offense meant to you, but don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?
Why honor Xenon++'s wishes by restrict or prohibit his works, but say 'Screw Moonlight, maybe someone will crack Moonshell2.10 for commercial ROM loading'?
Moonlight's had issues in the past, one of them being that people were using/cracked Moonshell2 to load commercial ROMs via loaders which is the whole reason for the homebrew only _hn./_vh.ndsloader.nds loaders and changing overlay.dll files -- of which, (I'm pretty sure) Normmatt cracked. The same Normmatt who had a problem with Rudolph over the cracked AKAIO.
The message I'm getting from that is 'it's OK to crack what is not mine, but you mess with my stuff and I'll throw a hissy fit'.

Now, I respect Xenon++ and all the work he's done, and I don't know exactly what went on (other than an imposter on 2ch making one or more posts) so maybe I'm not the best to speak as I don't have the whole picture... but I honestly cannot understand Xenon++'s reasoning for removing ALL his works.
From following his works from the start, he seemed VERY EXTREMELY determined to make sure everything he released was 100% opensource and freely available, which goes completely against what he did by removing everything. I'm not saying 'boo Xeonon++' or anything like that, I just find it odd. I could completely understand if he gave up and stopped releasing updates, but to completely remove his work is just... no other word but 'odd'.

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate here, but I find that one of the most glaring hypocrisies that everyone who stands up for AKAIO/Normmatt likes to gloss over.
I fully agree with this post, which is something very rare of me to do.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Everything stated so far is true IMHO - & perhaps I haven't worded this quite the way I meant it to be however I would still do the same thing if Moonlight PM'd me to remove it from MAIO, or if Normatt PM'd me & asked me to remove AKAIO (which luckily none have .... yet)

I am quite willing to put (at least the latest) MAIO back up (against Xenon++ wishes since it was pointed out it is/was 'open sourced') or even make a non-Commercial running MAIO version, which doesn't have the inilink file included - but I've always done developer requests ever since I joined GBATemp & I doubt I will stop doing it....

(I've even been doing it on the DSTwo skin thread as well - I've had PM's from people asking me NOT to host (i.e. put onto Filetrip) their skins, or to create a 'ds2skin' packs - for exactly the same reason)

The reason is - I respect developer's wishes .... if it make people unhappy then sorry, it just the way I am

Incidentally you may've noticed there is STILL a link for MAIO 2.02 on first post - & that's because I have no control over it

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
twiztidsinz said:
]Moonlight's had issues in the past, one of them being that people were using/cracked Moonshell2 to load commercial ROMs via loaders which is the whole reason for the homebrew only _hn./_vh.ndsloader.nds loaders and changing overlay.dll files -- of which, (I'm pretty sure) Normmatt cracked.

just clearing this air...

norm wrote a loader that allowed file to be loaded but he never cracked anything to make it work. it was a hole that already existed and no longer does (from what i was told) which is why one one version was released by him. unlike rudolph who blatantly cracked the akaio encryption to allow clones cards the ability to update their loaders.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
twiztidsinz said:
]Moonlight's had issues in the past, one of them being that people were using/cracked Moonshell2 to load commercial ROMs via loaders which is the whole reason for the homebrew only _hn./_vh.ndsloader.nds loaders and changing overlay.dll files -- of which, (I'm pretty sure) Normmatt cracked.

just clearing this air...

norm wrote a loader that allowed file to be loaded but he never cracked anything to make it work. it was a hole that already existed and no longer does (from what i was told) which is why one one version was released by him. unlike rudolph who blatantly cracked the akaio encryption to allow clones cards the ability to update their loaders.

-another world

Sorry, that is a bit incorrect.
Originally, all you needed was an ext loader named 'nds.whatever.nds', like linoul's YSLoader extlink.
This was changed with the release of 2.08 and the inclusion of the _hn./_vh.ndsloader.nds homebrew loaders.

After a while, when 2.10 came out, Normmatt released modified versions of the overlay.dll which defeated the intentional commercial ROM ext prohibition.
http://gbatemp.net/t209256-how-to-load-com...t&p=2606778
QUOTE(Normmatt @ Feb 18 2010, 12:53 AM)
I never said I'd release a crack for 2.10 but I will release my 2.08 fix and my 2.09 fix

Opps forgot to say you need to replace the overlay.dll found in the moonshl2/internal folder with the one in my rar

EDIT: Fixed 2.08 rar
You can call it a hole if you'd like -- and maybe it is -- but it's still willful circumvention of an intentional lockout and arguing the differences is semantics.

Also, I don't think rudolph is free of hypocrisy either since I believe he got upset over people circumventing the M3 lock out on GBA ExpLoader.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
what a...... so sorry Xenon because i have caused you lot problems in the past. but im still hopping that you can back to NDS dev.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
azure0wind said:
what a...... so sorry Xenon because i have caused you lot problems in the past. but im still hopping that you can back to NDS dev.
No. I just regret not having respected MoonShell 2.07 killed commercial ROMs.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
azure0wind said:
WTF! Anyone else confused?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Xenon, if you don't have a DS anymore: Why quitting GBAtemp then?

We can have a good time here. I'm quite curious what M3 is doing next.

You know: A R4i SDHC RTS 3.0 Platinum PLUS.

Maybe.
moogle.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Mantis41 said:
Xenon++ said:
azure0wind said:
WTF! Anyone else confused?
yea. im confused. i was saying 'goodbye' by using other words to you Xenon and want to say sorry for you; because i have made you many troubles in the past.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...