Making DST Time Permanent?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something politicians have been pondering on doing for years and I too hoped it'd happen (when I was younger and lazy to change the clock's time 😅), but it turns out both times are needed rather than forcing one-for-all.

Speaking of time, Spain follows Germany's timezone (because of politics), but Spain is geographically in U.K.'s, Canary Islands', and Portugal's timezone. Kinda funny (except for the Spaniards who have to deal with it and gotten used to).

Reactions: Takokeshi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope it happens. No reason to keep it from what I see.

Also if you are collecting fun ones then China uses all one zone despite being massive. Just turns out people go to work at "11am" where it makes sense.

Reactions: Kioku and Takokeshi

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it happens. No reason to keep it from what I see.

Also if you are collecting fun ones then China uses all one zone despite being massive. Just turns out people go to work at "11am" where it makes sense.
That makes time somewhat redundant if it's focused on politics than time zones and seasons as it reflects on time itself. Spain for example should have rectified this mistake that Franco made just to please a politician from a different country as that affects its citizens (being one hour more than its neighborly country never made sense to me when they're both the same).

Sure, there are bigger issues out in the world, but this is still important.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are pros and cons for both standard time and DST, but the clock changes should definitely end. The clock changes in the spring literally kill people, but more importantly, it's a minor inconvenience for me.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oct 30, 2023:

They should just get rid of DST. It's just pointless and people don't see any difference with an hour more or an hour less.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Daylights Saving Time shouldn't be the standard imho. It should be "standard time" since it's when the sun is at highest peek around noon. On DST it's passed that.
But in reality, I just want to stop this stupidity of moving the time back or forward. Plus in two weeks time it will be the same either way with the darkness or light (depending on year) so bleh...

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daylights Saving Time shouldn't be the standard imho. It should be "standard time" since it's when the sun is at highest peek around noon. On DST it's passed that.
But in reality, I just want to stop this stupidity of moving the time back or forward. Plus in two weeks time it will be the same either way with the darkness or light (depending on year) so bleh...
My Sony radio clock has a button specifically to change to/from DST, but it really should be made obsolete at this point.

Unfortunately, there are much more important matters (there always are) so they just shelve it for "later."

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My Sony radio clock has a button specifically to change to/from DST, but it really should be made obsolete at this point.

Unfortunately, there are much more important matters (there always are) so they just shelve it for "later."
The thing is, it's such a trivial thing to agree and get over with. So we normal people could just get it done and continue without lives. But yeah... Its so dumb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1