Run for the hills!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

Work's in some very deep smegola right now. You'll recall I mentioned the internal politics and bullshit many times before. We were all waiting for it to come to a head. And this week it has. And for once, I didn't punch anyone. I'm neutral in this, despite how much I hate my supervisors.

Simply put, ex supervisor Crystal finally got sick of Shiva's dominating attitude. Which is fair, since Shiva has been with the company for two years, Crystal has been with us for nine. She knows how to do her job. So Crystal has quit, and she's taken most of the staff with her. Her brother or someone is setting up a bar and needs barmaids. So Crystal offered the jobs to the oppressed staff of JJB. So far this week we've lost at least five people. They're deserting en masse. We're critically understaffed. In fact I ran the numbers on the walk home and if we lose two more key people, the store cannot function. We simply will not have enough people to do anything, at least on certain days. The younger staff have college commitments they cannot break, so while they're not in, we cannot cope because there's nobody else available.

And with me thinking of quitting and Daniel about to get sacked (which is fair, he's a pointless lazy gobshite), the store is basically fucked. No news yet on how they plan to deal with this. The only words I've had from head office lately is the CEO singing my praises for holding three major company sales records and still outselling my supervisor by a ratio of about 30 to 1 every day.

In other news,

- Nintendo are in my bad books right now over this Zelda CD scandal. I registered my game and when I got to the address entry to get my CD I got what I understand to be an annoyingly common error message. Apparantly they're now claiming that stock was limited, even though they made no such claim until now, and I bought the game on launch day, I should still be well within any sort of time limit. I've emailed them already on the issue. If their response is unsatisfactory I'll take the matter further. They need to learn that even corporations like themselves are not above reproach.

- 'Hitomi' (see previous blog) and I will get a lot more time together this week as she has most of the week off and aside from the weekend I'll be working mostly short evening shifts this week. And I get paid Friday, so I might take her out to dinner or the movies or something, I dunno. See how the week goes. I look forward to the time we spend together, I enjoy her company, I hope we get to see more of each other as time goes on. All good so far, and from what I gather it's much the same for her.

- Speaking of payday, we have this bonus incentive scheme going on at JJB right now, where we get 1% of the value of everything we sell added to our pay. Might not sound like much, but it soon adds up. Should be a healthy few extra quid in there this month 'cause most of my sales have been in the £100+ bracket, and I've sold so much shoecare that the CEO himself has called up to tell me he's impressed. Even if it's only an extra tenner or something at the end of the month, it's a welcome addition. Tenner off Resident Evil. Or Hitomi's dinner. Or dog food. Or some shoes.

- Did I ever mention a girl from my previous adventures named Jenny? I may have, I forget. Not easy to keep track of this many blogs
tongue.gif
Well, the short version is we met at my old job at the local stadium, and we hit it off right away. She went off on a month long cultural exchange to Russia, and she called me every single day she was there. It all went a bit pair shaped when she came back though. She suddenly got cold feet and went running back to her security blanket of an ex (not much of a security blanket, what with him being a drug dealer who hits her...) so while I offered my help with her new problems with him being a twat, we parted ways.

Well, I ran into her with 'Hitomi' in town yesterday. As with all my ex girlfriend encounters, it COULD have been awkward and by all accounts really should have been. But it wasn't. Not for me anyway. See, she's gotten....well, huge. I don't mean to rip on fat chicks but Jesus H Corbett, she looks like she found a way to get into PS2 games and ate all 16 of the beasts from Shadow of the Collosus. Seriously, I feel sorry for whoever she's dating now. Quite contrary to what Futurama might want to tell you, crushed pelvis is not a good way to go...

4786773413_d77cb452bf.jpg

Of course, 'Hitomi' ain't bad to look at. Gorgeous, even. And DOESN'T weigh a quarter of a tonne. Probably didn't help when she put two and two together and realised Jenny was an ex girlfriend, so she decided to diffuse the tension by putting her arms round me and giggling like a school girl before kissing me on the cheek. Worked like a charm since Jenny kinda skulked off, head down as far as her many chins would allow, immediately silenced from her childish rant.

Well, little else of note occuring right now. No news on little brother since previous blog post, but I'll keep you informed if I hear anything. But my dad's gone out for the night. While regretably 'Hitomi' isn't available to test my memory foam mattress out, it does mean the PS3 is available for the evening, so I'm gonna crack on with Infamous while I have the chance. I can play Zelda any time, the PS3's available about once every thousand years. Toodles.

Blaze.

'How's the footwear deck looking now the customer rush is over?' - Deputy Manager James.

'Like the Cafe Hiroshima, circa 1945.' - Me.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have I mentioned how much I love your blogs? It's a mini biography one day at a time. Sounds like you have also picked a winner, go at it like it's 1999.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must've missed a blog... Who in the blue blazes is 'Hitomi'??? [no pun intended]

[digs up the blog archive]

EDIT: Ok... Got it...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
- Nintendo are in my bad books right now over this Zelda CD scandal. I registered my game and when I got to the address entry to get my CD I got what I understand to be an annoyingly common error message. Apparantly they're now claiming that stock was limited, even though they made no such claim until now, and I bought the game on launch day, I should still be well within any sort of time limit. I've emailed them already on the issue. If their response is unsatisfactory I'll take the matter further. They need to learn that even corporations like themselves are not above reproach.
Yeah, I got that too. I haven't emailed them though. Let me know how that turns out.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no word from Nintendo yet, but then I didn't expect to get anything over the weekend. Or at any degree of pace better than that of a snail. Will keep you posted if I hear anything from them, or my CD shows up. Or my hat, for that matter. I ordered my Mario hat DSi case (if my 3DS doesn't fit I reckon I'll find some use for it) ages ago and no sign of the damn thing yet...

In other news,

- 'Hitomi' came to see me at work today. Said she was bored, wanted someone to talk to. Workd for me, I got to spent the best part of an hour skiving off work chatting with her. Right up until Shiva came back from her lunch break. Heaven forefend I should be speaking to someone who is still technically a customer. No, I'm meant to give them shoes, force them to buy inner soles then kick them the fuck outta the store so I can hoover. Dumb bitch just doesn't get it at all.

Hitomi wasn't impressed in the slightest. Asks me the same question I ask myself every day in there. 'How do you put up with this bitch?'. Was good fun having her around for a while though. Even more fun when she was questioning everything Shiva said. Pointing out her every flaw, every tiny little mistake, every stupid little power trip. Good times. It's been a while since I've met someone whose company I enjoy as much as hers. She's the sweetest. She's much like me in a way. She'll be sweet and innocent most of the time, mostly just concerned with enjoying life and having fun with her friends. But cross her and she'll rip your eyes out through your arse. Things seem to be going smoothly with her at the moment. Will keep you posted with any further developments.

Nanaki certainly approved of her though. He's a bit into the looks, that dog. See, I told him when we first starting going out for walks that as a cute puppy, his purpose in life is to attract cute girls. He seems to have taken this pretty seriously as if a cute girl ignores him at the park he'll sulk, like he's failed me. If an ugly girl walks by he'll ignore her and sit by my legs instead of fussing around her. He won't even acknowledge the existance of my ex. As far as he's concerned she's invisible. He's taken to Hitomi almost as much as he's taken to me. Always excited to see her when she drops by, makes a fuss, obeys her commands. If he approves and I approve, I'd say that's a solid green light right there.

- Does anyone know what the highest possible score is on Solitaire/Patience? I've beaten the 700 mark a few times and I'm curious what the absolute best possible score is.

- Little brother is back in hospital tomorrow. Not sure exactly why. I assume it's just a checkup but nobody tells me a damn thing around here. Dad's too busy playing Tiger Woods to go shopping, hence why the dog ran out of food even though I'd left money for him to buy more while I was at work (I was working all day therefore literally not a single second to go shopping). Because he's a prick. There's no gain in it for him so he's not concerned. Thankfully Hitomi didn't mind picking up some dog food for me while I was at work. Good to know I can rely on someone around here. I'll let you know how little brother is doing if/when I hear anything.

Nothing much else going on right now, just more time with Hitomi this week 'cause we're both working fairly short shifts. Waiting for payday on Friday so I can take my lady friend somewhere nice, assuming I don't get fucked over on my wages again. Playing Zelda when she's not around. I consider it nothing short of offensive that after thirteen years of completing this game, I STILL cannot absolutely guarantee that I'll beat Dark Link. Everything else is a piece of piss. He's not. I normally just spam Din's Fire for some easy hits then finish him off with the Megaton Hammer, but nothing seems to work on him on the 3DS version. Will keep trying, at least until morning when Hitomi and I are taking Nanaki out for a walk over the park and maybe have a picnic before work.

Toodles.

Blaze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.