Hardware Making Wii Portable using Wii u gamepad mod

75mak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone done this before, if so any tutorials

To clarify I'm asking about a hardware mod, where the Wii is cut down literally to fit in a portable case.

My question is in relation to using a modified Wii u gamepad to house the Wii.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're asking for sounds impossible to me, I'd love to be proven wrong.

The Wii U gamepad is not portable in the first place, if someone could have overcome that they would have already.

Is this something you've heard has been done before or just something that came to your mind?

Last edited by EmulateLife,

75mak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen portable Wii mods, being done.

Using 3rd party cases and some diy soldering of the board, after its been cut down.

Using 3rd party power and screens, but heard it can be done using a Wii u gamepad as the container and controller standalone.

Obviously the Wii u side of things, become useless and surplus to requirements doing such a mod. Just wondering if this had been recorded in the tutorials or hacking section... Not been able to find it myself

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty cool, but..

1. that's not a Wii U gamepad he's using
2. With TeconMoon's Wii U VC injects, you can already play all gamecube games and some Wii games using the gamepad. Although it's has to stay within the Wii U's system range so not portable. Again though no one has made the Wii U gamepad truly portable, so you're trying to accomplish something that hasn't been done before.

Good luck though I hope you accomplish what you're trying to do.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

75mak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's pretty cool, but..

1. that's not a Wii U gamepad he's using
2. With TeconMoon's Wii U VC injects, you can already play all gamecube games and some Wii games using the gamepad. Although it's has to stay within the Wii U's system range so not portable. Again though no one has made the Wii U gamepad truly portable, so you're trying to accomplish something that hasn't been done before.

Good luck though I hope you accomplish what you're trying to do.

I know it's not a Wii u gamepad he's using.

I wanted to know if there were any tutorials here where someone has setup a Wii u gamepad and converted it to a Wii portable

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

This could probably be done with a wii too

If it's possible to make a wii this small you can definitely fit it in a wii u gamepad

Not really portable and not really a wii but you can use wii mode or wii vc injects on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox