Many (personal) cellphone/tablet hands-on experience!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Today sparks the 3rd day of the PC Show 2011 in Singapore, where many gadgets are being revealed. I just got back yesterday, hence I went to check it out today.

Many phones were on display just now, sweet! Had a hands-on on almost all of them.

I have to say, all of them were really good.

All prices listed are without contracts and in Singapore Dollars

Phones/Tabs I've tried
HTC Sensation: A bit larger then expected, and the Apps list seems a little messy (probably cuz it was tested by a lot of people). However launches apps very very quickly and internet speed is also really good. Phone gives quite a good grip, although not that solid. Price really high ($968)

HTC Wildfire S: Much faster than the original Wildfire, also much friendlier interface. Internet isn't as speedy though. A great budget phone. ($498)

HTC Incredible S: I'm intending to buy this one, and this display set tells me that it is worth getting. Speedy internet and also reasonably solid. Although not as speedy as Sensation, at $768, it's pretty much more worth it.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc: Extremely slender and well-designed. Speedy internet as well. Camera quality is also brilliant but doesn't give quite a good grip since it's so slender. Quite expensive ($888)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: A little bulkier than the rest of the phones I've tried. Despite that, wonderful. Very good grip, very pleasant surfing experience and also great gaming experience. I've tried a racer (forgot the name) and the visuals + controls were great. It just felt like a portable playstation (not to mess up with the PSP/PSV). At $798, it's much more worth than the Arc IMO.

Samsung Galaxy Ace: Doesn't come in Android 2.3, but interface is very friendly. Gives nice grip as well. Internet speeds are generally okay. A great Wildfire S competitor ($468)

Acer Iconia Tab A500: Very well-built tablet. Great internet speeds. USB keyboard with it = epic! But quite heavy and a little expensive ($799)

iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi: Internet speeds are very good. Well built but heavier than expected. Doesn't feel cheap! But price much lower than expected ($668)

Asus eee Pad Transformer: Tablet quite nice to hold. Very good internet speeds. The keyboard accessory can change the experience altogether. Quite reasonable deal ($659 for tablet, slightly more than $800 with the keyboard addition)

What a great day! These companies really came out with fantastic products. I must say, I'm most impressed with the Xperia Play.
smile.gif

Too bad Galaxy S II wasn't up yet, thanks to delayed shipments.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto