Marcan Clarifies

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
what a asswipe, i miss the golden hacking days of the xbox 1, ps2, ps1 e.t.c its such a shame that the scene has turned into this embarrassing mess, devs like this is the reason it took so long for the ps3 to be hacked, i laugh when people say the ps4 will be hacked, no it won't especially with dumb devs like this anyway, good thing i won't be buying any ps4 or net xbox then. :)

steam will overtake consoles is this guy serious? have you heard of exclusives smart guy? you know exclusives that nintendo and sony make? I'm sure you will be able to buy that on steam..... dumbass.

Reactions: tbgtbg

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bqs3Ojl.gif

Aw shucks!

I should feel honored

There is no need to be upset, child. All is well.

You got my curiosity, with all the hell and negativity going on the forums the past couple of days, it would be nice if you could expound on the phrase, "all is well". I'm dying to know :creep:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty much going to disagree with a large amount of this.
PC gaming will never kill console. Console gaming actually is cheaper than PC gaming, console gaming only requires me to buy one (maybe two) systems at once and pretty much keep that system to entire generation. PC gaming requires me to always be buying new parts when a game doesn't work with my current hardware.
Also Pffffft Android gaming Pfft.

Reactions: KingVamp

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much going to disagree with a large amount of this.
PC gaming will never kill console. Console gaming actually is cheaper than PC gaming, console gaming only requires me to buy one (maybe two) systems at once and pretty much keep that system to entire generation. PC gaming requires me to always be buying new parts when a game doesn't work with my current hardware.
Also Pffffft Android gaming Pfft.

Careful, you probably set someone off, like a mod or something! Marcan has spoken, we might as well close all Wii U hacking related thread at this point, his word is ironclad, absolute, messianic.

Reactions: donaldgx

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*buttfrustrations*
There is no need to be upset, child. All is well.
We should invent a new term - buttset. I think it has a nice ring to it.

"Developer doesn't want to release his console hacks so that I can play my illegal copies for free, ergo the developer is a stupid asswipe" - uh-huh, that makes sense.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
<@marcan> *I should qualify that I value noise from real devs. there's plenty of noise from gbatemp, but we all know they just want warez.

I totally disagree with this!!!

The majority here just wants someone to hold their hand while they attempt to get warez to run.

;)

On a more serious note...it's an interesting development. So the wiiu is to boring to hack? Hmm...I wonder if nintendo will bring out the champagne for that. :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A front page news about this? People act like what marcan_troll says, goes.

Well, doesn't it go that way?

I totally disagree with this!!!

The majority here just wants someone to hold their hand while they attempt to get warez to run.

;)

On a more serious note...it's an interesting development. So the wiiu is to boring to hack? Hmm...I wonder if nintendo will bring out the champagne for that. :P

Interesting he had an IRC conversation at all, and that he wanted to post the link. Kind of a lost cause it seems if he wanted to post the link that badly, but hey, if people want to prove me wrong, by all means.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
devs like this is the reason it took so long for the ps3 to be hacked
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-ja...3-linux-bootloader-on-firmware-3-41-asbestos/
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-ja...-marcan-working-on-bringing-ps3-otheros-back/
He was one of the PS3 hackers over two years ago.

How in the hell do you cross the street daily without getting hit by cars? Whatever your method is, don't tell anybody else that has trouble with it. We don't need you all living long enough to be breeding.

Reactions: Veho

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-ja...3-linux-bootloader-on-firmware-3-41-asbestos/
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-ja...-marcan-working-on-bringing-ps3-otheros-back/

How in the hell do you cross the street daily without getting hit by cars? Whatever your method is, don't tell anybody else that has trouble with it. We don't need you all living long enough to be breeding.

Holy hell
3oqduj.jpg

I have read the complete IRC log and I noticed (apart from the fact that tueidj has been ignored) that there was a lot of trolling going around. Wii U not interesting? Android better than consoles? Ya sure, cool story bro.
I find it hilarious that they even bothered to code a working exploit. All I read was more unjustified Nintendo/Wii U bashing. I'll wait around until something interesting happens.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A front page news about this? People act like what marcan_troll says, goes.
I know right?
Sorry, but one dude does not speak for everyone.

This seems rather out of character for you Rydian. You feel ok there?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know right?

This seems rather out of character for you Rydian. You feel ok there?

But, but, but....a developer's words are always absolute. ;) I don't know what happened, but that seems rather unorthodox of him to be that acerbic. And did what Marcan say really necessitate the making of a front page thread that was immediately locked by the one who made it?

I think I've had enough fun for now.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It´s a waste of energy messing with kids like this Rydian.
I think the problem with many users on GBATemp is not necessarily a lack of intellect or common sense, but age and experience.
Many users are, going by their posts, kids or teens, who simply don´t understand how an adult thinks or what motivates them.
For an adult marcan's reasoning makes perfect sense, but obviously for younger people not so much.
At least that's what I think about some of GBATemp's "problem users".

Now go insult me, saying that you are not a kid anymore.:tpi:

Reactions: NEP and Gahars

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It´s a waste of energy messing with kids like this Rydian.
I think the problem with many users on GBATemp is not necessarily a lack of intellect or common sense, but age and experience.
Many users are, going by their posts, kids or teens, who simply don´t understand how an adult thinks or what motivates them.
For an adult marcan's reasoning makes perfect sense, but obviously for younger people not so much.
At least that's what I think about some of GBATemp's "problem users".

Now go insult me, saying that you are not a kid anymore.:tpi:

Why should I insult you? People take things too personally. And what Rydian said was the most mature adult comment I've read all day. Telling someone not to have kids and implying they're incapable of crossing the road without getting killed isn't being overly irritable at all. Boy, even I wouldn't go that far.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know right?
There are 31 developers involved in this project, they all have the same code and nobody feels like releasing it. There can be only two reasons - nobody wants to be "that guy" and step forward or nobody's even remotely interested in developing for the WiiU or creating a development infrastructure.

As for Android being a more interesting platform... for homebrew? Of course it is! Everybody and their dog has an Android Smartphone, the SDK is open-source and widely available, selling applications is easy-peasy - in comparison to the WiiU which right now has no Homebrew infrastructure of the "Homebrew Channel" variety, no SDK and slightly underwhelming hardware for console standards it is the preferable option for developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OvD30K-KN3k