Hacking Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story Working on R4

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error while running r4.bat saying
Error:dldi-head not found

I don't have my microSD reader ATM, but is this normal, and will YSMenu still work?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiThoko said:
I get an error while running r4.bat saying
Error:dldi-head not found

I don't have my microSD reader ATM, but is this normal, and will YSMenu still work?
Yes, it's quite normal. This is because a required dldi file cannot be extracted from this unofficial DSTT firmware. This won't matter though if you use twiztidsinz' or my own modified r4ysauto as both versions auto-correct this problem by providing the dldi file from a previous official DSTT firmware release. Also, the dldi file is only required to run homebrew software - commercial ROMs will run fine without it.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I manually added r4dldi.dat to the TTMenu folder. So it everything will work now (homebrew that accesses the microSD, and Mario & Luigi:BiS), right?

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I kinda installed YSMenu onto my R4 with some other method from some other guide. It made Kingdom Hearts work, but M&L still does not work.

Would the game work if I just put Moonshell onto my card (I ignored that since I don't even know what Moonshell does and the guide said it isn't necessary) or would I need to completely re-install my SD Card AGAIN with this guide in order to play Mario&Luigi?

Mr. Phi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
May work for plain r4's but i just figured this out myself and yeah it works no ysmenu
or confusion this is for lazy folks i guess so far only tested on my r4i-sdhc card....

This is for those r4i-sdhc cards from r4i-sdhc.com red box version not for plain r4's this is a
dstti clone card

Anyway I have that ysmenu etc working on my plain r4 on ds lite but on my dsi my r4i-sdhc
wont work because it's a dstti and not an r4 this is a simple fix for now.....

get the 1.09b menu from the r4i-sdhc site put it on the sdcard

get the unofficial dstt menu TTMenu_V1.17a07 that fixes mario and other games put the
TTMENU FOLDER AND TTMENU.DAT FILE on the root of your card then rename TTMENU.DAT
to TTMENU.nds

Then create a folder called games in the root of your sdcard put the games inside that folder
if game arent in a games folder when loading a rom it will freeze...

When thats finished put the card in the dsi or dslite select game from your r4 screen then
run ttmenu.nds and the new ttds unofficial menu will run then scroll down and select
mario and luigi and run it it will work no freezing at save screen or at saves and use a clean
rom no need for patching about to try kingdom hearts and other new games out.....

Please give feedback I know it seems silly but there was no method out for this card but
buy their new card with the same name just to use another kernal nah i dont think so.....

Thank you so, SO much for this post. I followed your instructions, and it worked like a charm.

Edit: Ahh, I didn't realize they updated the kernel. The game now works with v1.11b. I still appreciate the help. Thanks anyway. (b ' ' )b

footclan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me out?
I'm using a r4. I started from scratch, formatted my card and put on the 1.18 FW.

I've followed WarioN64's instructions and loesjoel and neither worked. I'm not sure what the ysmenu looks like but when I boot up my card for the first time it's all in japanese. I start the language nds file and change it to english.
When I start mario and luigi, it gets to the select slot screen and freezes.

When I run r4.bat I get an error that says "dldi-head not found" I press a key and it continues and says custom FW is ready and produces the zip file anyway.

Any one know how to fix this?

thanks,

EDIT: It takes me to moonshell...I start the game from there.

OozTGM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omg i don't get it
hate2.gif

I have a R4DS, BIS still doesn't works
And i have YSmenu als firmware
-----------------------------------------------

D

Deleted-119707

is homebrew disabled? i did this and homebrew just freezes.
the previous version of the firmware didnt freeze my homebrew.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nicky041192 said:
is homebrew disabled? i did this and homebrew just freezes.
the previous version of the firmware didnt freeze my homebrew.
Check the r4dldi.dat file. If it says 0kb then it's broken and that's your problem.

This modified auto-builder will keep the dldi file intact - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7232

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OozTGM said:
Omg i don't get it
hate2.gif

I have a R4DS, BIS still doesn't works
And i have YSmenu als firmware
-----------------------------------------------
Yeah, I got the same problem. I've tried a patched and clean rom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the DLDI doesn't have the R4 DLDI. I pressed the Download link for the R4 DLDI and it says File Broken or Damaged, what am I supposed to do?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I ran the r4config.bat and answered the questions, then ran the r4.bat. When I ran the r4.bat, it said that the ysmenu#########.zip could not be found. What's the problem?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Also, I ran the r4config.bat and answered the questions, then ran the r4.bat. When I ran the r4.bat, it said that the ysmenu#########.zip could not be found. What's the problem?

...Did you download the file for YSMenu from Yasu's site? Did you rename it if you did? You need to download the latest version of YSMenu from Yasu's site, don't change the name of it, and out it in the same folder as all your YSAuto crap.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I am r4ymond said:

...Did you download the file for YSMenu from Yasu's site? Did you rename it if you did? You need to download the latest version of YSMenu from Yasu's site, don't change the name of it, and out it in the same folder as all your YSAuto crap.

Ah, now I notice the problem. Now I downloaded the Latest YSMenu from Yasu, but the r4.bat doesn't work. When I ran the r4.bat, it said: "An error has occured when extracting the files. Please check if there is enough free disk space and if the program has access to the disk. This program will now close. Press any key to continue..." Does this mean that my computer does not have enough space to extract the files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia