Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
At this time we, the M3 Real users, have to wait for a fix until the USA release is out. =_='
It would be like if the M3 Staff is waiting for any user of GBAtemp (like Narin) to release a new fix to then say that they (the M3 Staff) released a new firmware to fix the problem based on this user's work.
I hope they're working right now...
wacko.gif

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic is pretty dead now. No real point in getting your hopes up high for a fix because no one seems to care now. Hopefully it won't take much longer for it to come to the US.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Russian_Gamer said:
QUOTE said:
The EZ5i and EZ5 Plus can't do clean mode because the team has left down this mode since kernel 1.80, thanks to folks complaining about the internal save read/write process before playing (flash memory).
But if i have old kernel on EZFlash 5 Plus I can play it?
As far as i remember, the ST memory dedicated to NDS saves beside the microSD slot is not soldered on the EZ5 Plus PCB. So this flashcart can't use clean mode from old kernels.
Sorry.

And on the EZ5i, this memory is here only to bypass DSi protection. it's a 512kbits size so it will never work for all games.
But as i have already said, EZ5i users, don't even try old kernels or you will brick your flashcart because of the bootstrap update which is absolutely incompatible with the new xilinx component.

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, tell me about it, that's just down right LOW of them to just use Narin's code and call that their own update for an ML3 Protection Bypass.

At this point, what flash cart would you recommend I would buy that is GUARANTEED to work with the least ammount of work put into making ML3 work? I know not to buy an R4

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get it
wacko.gif
Do i need to patch it,or use the cheat code? or both! help,btw im using r4 i will come back and say if it works for me =)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To let you know.... IT WAS AWESOME! I did what you said and it dident work till i added Ysmenu (w/e its called) then i patched with patch 1 and used the cheat at the same time and i aced it man =)
I played saved got to be bowser (Which is very awesome cus he can burn trees with his breath) I played about an hour in =) not 1 problem.

***1 last question,can i release the firmware im using so other R4 owners don't have to go through the trouble of using all these programs? I give full credit of course,or can I not do this? =/***

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Anyone in the game has acheived koopa's rolling spkie ball skill, exited peach castle to save game (In the mushroom town where the doctor is) and found that on the next load, the special item for mario+luigi in the item menu and koopa's special moves are gone?

This is 27 hrs into the game. My 2nd save game which is only 17 hrs does not have this problem. I think there are still some piracy checks when the game is at the end or after koopa got the rolling spike ball skill. This is with narin's code already enabled. Without it, even the 17 hrs save game is crippled.

Update : Just found out the actual cause, nothing to do with narin's code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ