Hacking mario galaxy 2 "disc could not be read"

Blady-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes another mario galaxy 2 thread....im really sorry if someone already mentioned this problem, i searched and found nothing helpfull....

Using 4.0 system
ciosX rev. 19
IOS 53,55,56 updated through dopMii
neogamma R9 beta
priiloader used for locking the update just in case
Using a scrubbed iso of the game. burned it at 2x/4x/6x with imgburn and a taiyuu yuden DVD-R

Each and everytime the problem is the same:
game is really slow at loading times as if the disc is not responding
finally the slow loading turns to --> "disc could not be read. Please refer to the manual for instructions" . Took out the disc and put it back again, the game continues but the message pops out again after 1min. I did that 10times just to get to the end of the intro stage...

from everything i've read i should be able to play the game without problem. Is this an IOS/cIOS or anything else matter of my wii? or is the burning procedure the issue here? if anyone can help i'd appreciate it, dont wanna waste another dvd in futility

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it's a bad burn? My first SMG2 disc had the same problem, but while I was burning it I was doing 101 other things at the same time on my laptop. Have you tried just leaving your computer while the game is burning? (Not downloading anything, running scans, etc). It worked for me.

Blady-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
PsychoticDust said:
Maybe it's a bad burn? My first SMG2 disc had the same problem, but while I was burning it, I was doing 101 other things at the same time on my laptop. Have you tried just leaving your laptop while the game is burning? It worked for me.

I thought the same thing, thus 3 burn attempts and at different speeds and 2 of them were done while i let the pc do nothing else(dont have a laptop, home pc with 4GB ram and QUAD-core at 2,8GHz i would think that can suffice). thanks for the reply!
im gonna try burning this somewhere else just to confirm if this is really the issue. other suggestions appreciated.

DhaosBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same happened to me. AND with Trauma Team too.
Even that i take it out/put it back on the Wii, the warning "could not read" stills up.

Not bad ISOs or bad burns. It is not the the hardware either, all the other games are working A-OK on it.
My Wii is a 4.0, rev 19, NeoGamma R8...don´t know what to do
frown.gif

Blady-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it looks like the answer to the disc error really was a bad burn...as soon as i burned it on another dvd writer the game played like a charm. got through the 1st stage flawlessly. will update if theres anything wrong.

strange thing is the game didnt work on neogamma R9, got a 1234 error of some sort....then i tried R7 and it worked...im baffled

thanks for the help phychoticdust, really appreciated. also to all the others who have the same problem, try burning it on another dvd writer and keep the speed on 6x max or below.

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Blady-kun said:
it looks like the answer to the disc error really was a bad burn...as soon as i burned it on another dvd writer the game played like a charm. got through the 1st stage flawlessly. will update if theres anything wrong.

strange thing is the game didnt work on neogamma R9, got a 1234 error of some sort....then i tried R7 and it worked...im baffled

thanks for the help phychoticdust, really appreciated. also to all the others who have the same problem, try burning it on another dvd writer and keep the speed on 6x max or below.
Weird how your disc wouldn't work on R9... I thought it was a bad burn, as all of your settings seemed right! You're welcome.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share