ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Pablomf6 - sorry for my question, but from what I saw on your last video, so it's possible to non-Emunand users to make use of your Mario Kart 7 Mod, through NinjHax 2.5/HBL?

And if so, how to do it? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Reactions: AshleyCummings

akira123

Trophies
XP
Country
@Pablomf6 - sorry for my question, but from what I saw on your last video, so it's possible to non-Emunand users to make use of your Mario Kart 7 Mod, through NinjHax 2.5/HBL?

I don't know for sure, this is my guess, but from the looks of it you don't need to be an emunand user in order to make use of this mod. I presume he used his emunand either to show that it works on the latest firmwares, or his sysnand isn't on a compatible firmware for usage of the homebrew channel.

Reactions: Billybong

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I used emunand because 2 things, first I wanted to show it works on lastest firmwafe, and second, because it doesn't seem to work on 9.2 sysnand (I get stuck at indefinited icache or something like that.

Then how should i do it? i have no clue.

Get hans from smea starter kit, get your modified romfs.bin with first 1000 bytes removed and put it at sd/hans/titleid.romfs
The run hans and enable romfs->sd

manlego

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Get hans from smea starter kit, get your modified romfs.bin with first 1000 bytes removed and put it at sd/hans/titleid.romfs
Hey, thanks for answering, i download the .rar from the first post, but there doesnt seems to be a romfs.bin there, where should i get it?

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used emunand because 2 things, first I wanted to show it works on lastest firmwafe, and second, because it doesn't seem to work on 9.2 sysnand (I get stuck at indefinited icache or something like that.

Oh, I understand then. Thanks for your answer! And...

Possibly, this is the hard part for those unnacostumed (like me) to generate such files as romfs.bin . Can you explain, or at least, point to a tutorial noob-friendly about how to do this process?
Thanks again, sorry for bothering you.

Reactions: SomeGamer

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, thanks for answering, i download the .rar from the first post, but there doesnt seems to be a romfs.bin there, where should i get it?

Oh, I understand then. Thanks for your answer! And...

Possibly, this is the hard part for those unnacostumed (like me) to generate such files as romfs.bin . Can you explain, or at least, point to a tutorial noob-friendly about how to do this process?
Thanks again, sorry for bothering you.

Romfs is the file system of the game, to get it, dump your game (or search it at that iso site), then you must decrypt it (you can search and use 3ds to cia converter for noobies), the build the romfs folder with the files changed, (use romfs builder ) and with HxD remove the first 1000 bytes. It is hard to explain, but if nobody does an script to make it easier, I may do it.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
then you must decrypt it (you can search and use 3ds to cia converter for noobies), the build the romfs folder with the files changed
If I convert it into a CIA, I only get one file. How am I supposed to merge that with those lots of files inside the modded romfs's (CTGP7) rar?

manlego

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Romfs is the file system of the game, to get it, dump your game (or search it at that iso site), then you must decrypt it (you can search and use 3ds to cia converter for noobies), the build the romfs folder with the files changed, (use romfs builder ) and with HxD remove the first 1000 bytes. It is hard to explain, but if nobody does an script to make it easier, I may do it.

I will try to follow these steps, but a script would be great too, especially if it work for multiple romhacks, not just this one.
Thanks for the help anyway!

Last edited by manlego,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox