Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Maplemage said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
DiscostewSM said:
Funny, a power-up or item is now considered overused when used in at least 3 original (not remade) games over a period of...........23 years.
I personally don't think the item is overused. It's the fucking noise they make out of it that annoys me.
Yeah, pretty much.
Wow... It really annoys you that much?
No. I don't think you could measure my level of annoyance from the context of my posts, but it probably doesn't annoy me as much as you think. I'll still welcome it.
Yeah... I cant... Of course I cant.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This "weapon" looks great. I really like that you can use it for defence and offence!

I also find it astonishing, that there are some people, that generalize opinion of other just because they said they like something in particular about a game (in this case the tanookie-tale) and therefore act like the whole appeal of the game for all these people is this little aspect.

When I say yay to Tanookie-Mario it naturally implies that I enjoyed SMB3 but it doesn`t rule out other aspects of why I do look forward to SM3DL like some are doing here, such as the fusion of 3D and 2D gameplay-styles of Mario-games or just how good the predecessors are, which also is legitimately taken into account when there`s a sequel, no matter which media or company!

I find this "everyone is a fanboy and that`s why they like a something"-attitude to be pretty ridiculous and annoying...

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
TDWP FTW said:
Have any more shit to pull out of your ass?

And who cares if it's partly for nostalgia's sake? What's wrong with that? It hasn't been in any of the main games for years, AFAIK (The last one might've been SMB3 for all I know). I for one think SM3DL will be amazing because it's more of a traditional platformer than an adventure game, and it just looks great in general.

My point is that Mario games have no story. Saying "IT'S VITAL TO THE MARIO STORY" is just completely laughable. Mario stories are nonexistent and in a game about jumping from platform A to platform B, they don't matter.

And my annoyance is that people are so "OMG IT'S SO NOSTALGIC THIS GAME IS INSTANTLY AMAZING" instead of giving a shit about the games other merits. It's a cheap marketing tactic.
Saying that all Mario games having no story is laughable. Mario & Luigi is a fantastic RPG, Super Mario 64 has a storyline as well. But if you mean overall Mario having no storyline and saying that it's vital to Mario, then it's dumb fuck.
I'm pretty sure he meant they could take away all the little details, and just say "OMG BOWSER KIDNAPPED PEACH LET'S A GO!" and the game would be just as good.
the RPG games still follow the "peach is kidnapped" thing but they add a lot more detail, so he was most likely referring to the main platforming games.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Uchiha Obito said:
I just say this: What's a tanooki?

Really, this game is going to be great, doesn't need to be bought just because of one feature --'
My very minimal knowledge of Tanukis (they write it as "Tanooki" because it's a long "U", like in "super" but not like "lung") comes from that Ghibli film about tanukis. They're basically Japanese mythical racoons with shapeshifting powers (hence Mario turning into a monk statue when you do a drop attack while wearing the suit).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
Uchiha Obito said:
I just say this: What's a tanooki?

Really, this game is going to be great, doesn't need to be bought just because of one feature --'
My very minimal knowledge of Tanukis (they write it as "Tanooki" because it's a long "U", like in "super" but not like "lung") comes from that Ghibli film about tanukis. They're basically Japanese mythical racoons with shapeshifting powers (hence Mario turning into a monk statue when you do a drop attack while wearing the suit).
Pom Poko was a great movie.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Saying that all Mario games having no story is laughable. Mario & Luigi is a fantastic RPG, Super Mario 64 has a storyline as well. But if you mean overall Mario having no storyline and saying that it's vital to Mario, then it's dumb fuck.

I was saying the latter. Nothing should be included in a Mario game because "it's important to the storyline".

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A melee attack is very welcome to Mario Kart. It will be funny to hit opponents directly with it ;)

And btw, don't feed the troll...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1