Hacking Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wave 2 problem.

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I solved simply by reinstalling the base game with the old update and DLC, then by installing the new update and the new DLC separately

xacto

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how you guys managed to get it work. I never heard about DLC booster pass before. I had v1 MK8 and working. I just installed v2.0.0 months ago and it worked for 2 new cups without that "pass"...

Now i installed v2.1.0 and this v65536 DLC pass and all new cups were'nt working... even the wave 1.

I installed from scratch v0, v2.1.0 and DLC v65536 and nothing worked.

Re-installed from scratch v0, v2.0.0 and new tracks won't work. That's weird. It worked before without pass.
So i installed the v65536 DLC and now on v2.0.0 the 2 first new cups are back good.

But I was thinking I just miss the "wave 2 DLC pass" file.

IIRC, it is supposed to unlock those wave 2 cups??

I'm stuck. I don't understand.

Guess i'll go back do my homework and try again.

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try in this way...
1 uninstall the game
2 install the base game, the old update and the old DLC
3 install update 2.1.0
4 install the new DLC wave
5 start the game

In this way, for me, the game is working fine

Where did you download the nsp files for installing the game?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you download the nsp files for installing the game?
I don't think he's allowed to do that. GBAtemp rules. The way I did it:
From DBI, remove both the old DLC and the old update, leave the Base game alone.
Still from DBI, install the new update and the new DLC.
Everything unlocked and playable.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Had a similar problem. I went to that certain site and grabbed the 2.1.0 update and loaded the game and got the same problem you described. HOURS later, somebody finally uploaded the the 'DLC Booster Course Pass' (I think they should have called it simply, 'Wave 2'). I installed that with DBI and everything is working perfectly now.

You are the special kind of ungrateful, aren't you? Damn.

Anyway, context-wise for everyone again: latest MK8 update requires you to have the latest DLC installed if you use the Course Pass, else remove the DLC and play without new tracks.
Turbo can always pay 69.99 usd at month to get the DLC!! there are people not thinking all the time.

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2.1 more DLC was crashing, but as I was thinking about formatting the card, this time I created an emunand partitioning the SD, this resolved the Mario Kart and Mario Strikers DLC that crashed in the intro.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I haven't seen anyone facing this issue, but for some reason v65536 dlc is crashing the game as soon as it starts (you can hear the motors you usually hear when opening the game for a second but then it stops and the game doesn't load, it stays on the switch logo screen)
Uninstalling the DLC fixes the issue, using v0 also fixes the issue but by using it I have no access to any of the dlc tracks
I already tried reinstalling the game (and using a physical copy), reinstalling 2.1.0, deleting save data and using different v64436 nsps, both in my sd card and in the nand

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't seen anyone facing this issue, but for some reason v65536 dlc is crashing the game as soon as it starts (you can hear the motors you usually hear when opening the game for a second but then it stops and the game doesn't load, it stays on the switch logo screen)
Uninstalling the DLC fixes the issue, using v0 also fixes the issue but by using it I have no access to any of the dlc tracks
I already tried reinstalling the game (and using a physical copy), reinstalling 2.1.0, deleting save data and using different v64436 nsps, both in my sd card and in the nand
Are you using emunand?
I had the same problem as you using visible emunand, I just solved it by creating emunand on the SD partition.
NOTE: I used the same Game files and the same installation method, so the problem is not the DLC file.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
may be you have some mods?

Reactions: HalfScoper

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would clean up your previous installation with DBI, and re-install base game [0100152000022000][v0], update [0100152000022800][v786432] and DLC [0100152000023001][v65536]. DBI does a good job of removing any traces. Read how to do it in its guide here.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
update: fixed it by entering maintenance mode and reinstalling the dlc

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think he's allowed to do that. GBAtemp rules. The way I did it:
From DBI, remove both the old DLC and the old update, leave the Base game alone.
Still from DBI, install the new update and the new DLC.
Everything unlocked and playable.
I meant if from the web or with tinfoil... I don't want know any web site, don't worry...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol