Gaming Mario kart 8 on 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Actually you are wrong! I found assets of mario kart, realistic models and sounds, music, everything! So if i now use unity for 3ds, i can export to cia, so i can make my own costum games!! When its done, i will share a video!

(Btw even if this works, im gonna buy a switch anyways, but i like experimenting with this sort of thing)
so, how is it going? :v

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bump for reference emulating wii u games on a 3ds i impossible
if your determined to make an emulator for that expect your 3ds explode or see some nice usuable hot garbage graphics

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bump for reference emulating wii u games on a 3ds i impossible
if your determined to make an emulator for that expect your 3ds explode or see some nice usuable hot garbage graphics
Do you realize that bumping threads. esp when you feel the need of including the word. is against tos here. Im pretty sure that statement about wii u emulation was already long discussed here.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Before this thread gets any more low-quality replies: no, an emulator for running games is simply just not possible.

More detailed answer:

It is possible to make a WiiU emulator for the 3DS, but it would be ridiculously slow, and you couldn't boot ANY game other than text-based homebrew, which probably wouldn't work either due to running out of RAM.

So basically, yes, it's possible, but you couldn't do anything with it, because there is just not enough RAM. The old3DS has 128Megs (of which up to 96Megs is usable in a special mode), and even on new3DS you can only use 172Megs out of the 256Megs. The WiiU has 2Gigs of RAM (of which only 1Gigs are usable to games), and let's not talk about VRAM...
Also, you'd have to emulate the GPU in software, because the 3DS GPU has hardware oversights which limit the max texture size to 512x512 (or 1024x1024 with many caevats).

It doesn't take a genius to see that even the new3DS has 10x less resources than what you'd need to even attempt this. I'm sorry, there are just things which are so far apart it's not possible.
As the others have said in their responses, this is exactly like trying to emulate a PS5 on an original GameBoy...

Edit: while you couldn't play the original game as-is on your 3DS, there is nothing (other than yourself and copyright laws) stopping you from spending many years of time making a recreation which can load the original (or downgraded) assets.

Last edited by Sono,

BasHeemskerkDEV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Before this thread gets any more low-quality replies: no, an emulator for running games is simply just not possible.

More detailed answer:

It is possible to make a WiiU emulator for the 3DS, but it would be ridiculously slow, and you couldn't boot ANY game other than text-based homebrew, which probably wouldn't work either due to running out of RAM.

So basically, yes, it's possible, but you couldn't do anything with it, because there is just not enough RAM. The old3DS has 128Megs (of which up to 96Megs is usable in a special mode), and even on new3DS you can only use 172Megs out of the 256Megs. The WiiU has 2Gigs of RAM (of which only 1Gigs are usable to games), and let's not talk about VRAM...
Also, you'd have to emulate the GPU in software, because the 3DS GPU has hardware oversights which limit the max texture size to 512x512 (or 1024x1024 with many caevats).

It doesn't take a genius to see that even the new3DS has 10x less resources than what you'd need to even attempt this. I'm sorry, there are just things which are so far apart it's not possible.
As the others have said in their responses, this is exactly like trying to emulate a PS5 on an original GameBoy...

Edit: while you couldn't play the original game as-is on your 3DS, there is nothing (other than yourself and copyright laws) stopping you from spending many years of time making a recreation which can load the original (or downgraded) assets.
I know already, but thanks for your detailed answer to why this isnt possible. i think a lot of people can learn from the mistake i made by asking this! (yes i was the person who asked this initially). Since this thread was made i already ported 1 game and am working on the second. i have certainly learned

Last edited by BasHeemskerkDEV,
Reactions: Sono
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu