Not open for further replies.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just figured it out on my r4

in case it helps anyone, YOU CANNOT USE THE RUN AS FIRMWARE option, it will NOT load the game, after many many many many attempts, it finally became clear that was what I was doing wrong, well I don't care much for the game, I enjoyed the first one, but I probably won't touch this one. I kind of like the YSmenu firmware, I may just keep it on firmware mode and say screw this title.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:

in case it helps anyone, YOU CANNOT USE THE RUN AS FIRMWARE option, it will NOT load the game, after many many many many attempts, it finally became clear that was what I was doing wrong, well I don't care much for the game, I enjoyed the first one, but I probably won't touch this one. I kind of like the YSmenu firmware, I may just keep it on firmware mode and say screw this title.
Sorry, but that's not correct.
In my experience YSMenu works the best as a firmware.

While I haven't "played" M&L:BiS (as in made any real progress), I have gone through the intro scene, meaning that I've been able to choose a save file, create a new game on that save file, and get into the game itself using YSMenu as a firmware.
That combined with the numerous people in this thread and in others who have gotten M&L:BiS to work on R4, M3Simply and other R4 Clones using the instructions here, I have ZERO doubt in my mind that YSMenu will in fact run any game (so long as the DSTT files are updated and support that game) when installed as firmware. If you cannot get it running when using YSMenu as firmware, then the problem is on your end: either you didn't delete all the old files, you didn't copy all the new files or you didn't build YSMenu properly.

I had an issue at first when trying to get M&L:BiS (and even some other games) to load on my R4, even with the updated files. I found out that my problem was fixed simply by formatting my MicroSD card and then copying YSMenu, my http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...pid=2374324 or 3 apps and all my games back onto the card. I have also heard of this being recommended to and working for other people.
In the download section there is a Panasonic MicroSD format application (or you can search for it on Google and download it directly from Panasonic -- it's the same version as on GBATemp).

pelicanflip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
VashTS said:

Sorry, but that's not correct.
In my experience YSMenu works the best as a firmware.

While I haven't "played" M&L:BiS (as in made any real progress), I have gone through the intro scene, meaning that I've been able to choose a save file, create a new game on that save file, and get into the game itself using YSMenu as a firmware.
That combined with the numerous people in this thread and in others who have gotten M&L:BiS to work on R4, M3Simply and other R4 Clones using the instructions here, I have ZERO doubt in my mind that YSMenu will in fact run any game (so long as the DSTT files are updated and support that game) when installed as firmware. If you cannot get it running when using YSMenu as firmware, then the problem is on your end: either you didn't delete all the old files, you didn't copy all the new files or you didn't build YSMenu properly.

I had an issue at first when trying to get M&L:BiS (and even some other games) to load on my R4, even with the updated files. I found out that my problem was fixed simply by formatting my MicroSD card and then copying YSMenu, my http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...pid=2374324 or 3 apps and all my games back onto the card. I have also heard of this being recommended to and working for other people.
In the download section there is a Panasonic MicroSD format application (or you can search for it on Google and download it directly from Panasonic -- it's the same version as on GBATemp).

I've formatted my Nintendo DS Lite, I followed the instructions to a t, and ysmenu works for me just fine on the M3 DS Simply.

HOWEVER, whenever I try to run Bowser's Inside Story, I only get a white screen. Any clue as to what this may be or what other factors I may be missing?

pelicanflip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit more information on what I've done:

1. I used the Panasonic MicroSD Formatting Tool in order to format my MicroSD card.

2. After doing so, I started up the (Modified r4ysauto + dstt1), that I downloaded from this thread. (thanks for it btw, it's very clear/self explanatory as far as the program goes.)

3. After doing so, I downloaded the YSmenu firmware from that Yasu's site, and made sure that I downloaded the zip file - YSMenu0903270000.

4. Keeping the zip file intact and in the same folder as the (Modified r4ysauto +dstt1) folder, I started up the r4.bat program.

5. I chose English as the language, and chose the M3 Simply as the card that I would like to use.

6.Now, after I hit enter, it generates the necessary files, but I also get "Error: dldi-head not found". However, it still allows me to continue.

7. It asks if I would like to use the skin, I say yes. Once again, it asks what language, so I choose English again.

8. Now it asks me how I would like to install the YSmenu. I chose Option 1: As a Firmware.
Since it says that it shouldn't have any problems with the M3 Simply, I assume that it is perfectly fine.

9. After hitting enter, it generates me the R4_custom_English.zip file.

10. I unzip the files straight to the root of my MicroSD card, which is blank because I formatted it.

11. I copy over the Bowser's Inside Story rom to the root of the card, as well as all of my other game roms.

Now. When I turn on my Nintendo DS Lite, the YS Menu works perfectly fine, with the skin.

HOWEVER. When I select Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, it creates the tt system file, but after that, it just stops at a blank white screen. I can't even get to the start up screen of the game, let alone the game select screen.

My question is, what have I possibly done wrong thus far? If not, does a clean rom affect this process at all? In addition, how would I be able to tell if a rom is clean or not?

Phew. Tried my best to detail what I've done exactly, so if anyone could please help, I would definitely appreciate it.

-Dustin

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pelicanflip said:

*snips insanely huge pile of steps

Now. When I turn on my Nintendo DS Lite, the YS Menu works perfectly fine, with the skin.

HOWEVER. When I select Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, it creates the tt system file, but after that, it just stops at a blank white screen. I can't even get to the start up screen of the game, let alone the game select screen.

My question is, what have I possibly done wrong thus far? If not, does a clean rom affect this process at all? In addition, how would I be able to tell if a rom is clean or not?

Phew. Tried my best to detail what I've done exactly, so if anyone could please help, I would definitely appreciate it.

-Dustin
a rom is clean when it has not been modified in any way and if it's a 1:1 dump of the retail cart,try downloading from another source,make sure that extinfo.dat is in your YSMenu/TTMenu(which one i forget)folder,try other games if it works,make sure no cheats are on too.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pelicanflip said:

First, go here and bookmark: http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/
Download infolib, extinfo and savlib and put them in your TTMenu folder.
If that doesn't help (it can't hurt), then I think you've got a bad dump.

The steps you took are exactly correct, you even used "M3" option in r4ysauto.
If you are using a trimmed ROM, try playing the game before you trim then if it works, trim it (but keep the original!) and try again.

pelicanflip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed - good idea, i checked to see if any cheats were activated and they were, so i turned them all off.

twiztidsinz - i downloaded the three files as you suggested, it still didn't work. so then i tried downloading the rom again from a different source and made sure it was a clean rom.

MARIO AND LUIGI BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY WORKS. FINALLY. a big thank you to both of you for the help.

If anyone else needs help with their M3 DS Simply and can't figure it out, you could always follow the steps that I outlined clearly. Just make sure that there are no cheats activated and that you're using a clean rom, as both twiztidsinz and lolzed have both mentioned.

Thanks once again!

-Dustin

composerzane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Try deleting your TTMENU.SYS file, a new one should be made...

after searching for hours as to why YSmenu would boot on my card and play all games except M&L3:BIS and LOZ: Spirit Tracks, you finally found me the answer. Renamed TTMENU.SYS to TTMENU1.SYS, next time i tried opening Spirit Tracks, worked like a charm (YSmenu auto-creates a new TTMENU.SYS for you, as you said). First time I've gotten by the errcode=-82. Much gratitude, twiztidsinz.

edit: for anyone else following all steps accurately but still running into problems, I was on a r4-III upgrade (sdhc support), fw 3.10... used YSmenu.nds as a secondary firmware instead of replacing my firmware altogether... brand new lib.dat's... was pulling my hair out. Got Train controls and M&L gets past saving screen after mussing with TTMENU. Many thanks again.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
composerzane said:
twiztidsinz said:
Try deleting your TTMENU.SYS file, a new one should be made...

after searching for hours as to why YSmenu would boot on my card and play all games except M&L3:BIS and LOZ: Spirit Tracks, you finally found me the answer. Renamed TTMENU.SYS to TTMENU1.SYS, next time i tried opening Spirit Tracks, worked like a charm (YSmenu auto-creates a new TTMENU.SYS for you, as you said). First time I've gotten by the errcode=-82. Much gratitude, twiztidsinz.
Yeah... Any time you switch or upgrade firmware, you should back up your games and other files, then either start clean (delete all files or format) or delete the SYS files.
I think the R4's official firmware has R4MENU.SYS (it's been a long time since I used the official firmware), DSTT & YSMenu has TTMENU.SYS and YSMenu makes YSMENU.ARP as well.

PizzaBoy108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
pelicanflip said:

If you are using a trimmed ROM, try playing the game before you trim then if it works, trim it (but keep the original!) and try again.
I looked at the link you gave, but I can only see two files (infolib and savlib).
Where is extinfo?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PizzaBoy108 said:
twiztidsinz said:
pelicanflip said:

I looked at the link you gave, but I can only see two files (infolib and savlib).
Where is extinfo?

CREDITS GOES TO DENIERU AND HIS OTHER FRIENDS

Here...I'll give you the extinfo.dat. This IS NOT from me. It's from Denieru and the Other people that works with him (I'm sorry if I couldn't name your names). Anyways, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mznmjzzuonh. Enjoy.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. for some reason denieru7 removed the extinfo.dat file...

I think it was confusion due to partially bad translation.
With DSTT 1.17a12 (actually it's more like a07sp2/a08 whichever was the release after a07), the ttpatch.dat (r4patch.dat if you convert for R4) was modified and has extra info. The new tt/r4patch.dat's, with the updated extinfo.dat, are needed to work properly for new games like Assassin's Creed II: Discovery.

But the info that I got from denieru7 was that the extinfo.dat needed the new tt/r4patch.dat, meaning:
new extinfo.dat + old ttpatch.dat = not working (Wrong)

The new extinfo.dat will work with the old ttpatch.dat, but will fail to load some games like Assassin's Creed II: Discovery because those games need the updated ttpatch.dat file.

exar khun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pelicanflip said:

1. I used the Panasonic MicroSD Formatting Tool in order to format my MicroSD card.

2. After doing so, I started up the (Modified r4ysauto + dstt1), that I downloaded from this thread. (thanks for it btw, it's very clear/self explanatory as far as the program goes.)

3. After doing so, I downloaded the YSmenu firmware from that Yasu's site, and made sure that I downloaded the zip file - YSMenu0903270000.

4. Keeping the zip file intact and in the same folder as the (Modified r4ysauto +dstt1) folder, I started up the r4.bat program.

5. I chose English as the language, and chose the M3 Simply as the card that I would like to use.

6.Now, after I hit enter, it generates the necessary files, but I also get "Error: dldi-head not found". However, it still allows me to continue.

7. It asks if I would like to use the skin, I say yes. Once again, it asks what language, so I choose English again.

8. Now it asks me how I would like to install the YSmenu. I chose Option 1: As a Firmware.
Since it says that it shouldn't have any problems with the M3 Simply, I assume that it is perfectly fine.

9. After hitting enter, it generates me the R4_custom_English.zip file.

10. I unzip the files straight to the root of my MicroSD card, which is blank because I formatted it.

11. I copy over the Bowser's Inside Story rom to the root of the card, as well as all of my other game roms.

-Dustin

I tried your steps listed above. i put the roms on the inside the TTMenu folder but when i power it on the screen gets "stuck" at LOADING.....
do i need to re-format my micr0sd to FAT32 again?

EDIT: now it works!!! just formatted to FAT32...THANKS to all of you guys!!!...=)

denz54321

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
I used the instructions to make the R4 YSMenu but I see an error in the dosbox with the Dsst file saying not found...but then it continues and makes the zip file...

Will it work?

Will it work for a r4 sdhc?
unsure.gif

alty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow major helpful. Even a n00b like me can figure it out. Made an account just to say thanks, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #BringBackGodModeOnline
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #makekensmomwashdatass
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    #MakeDaTempGreatAgain
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm sorry, i feel bad now.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yo momma is just fine as she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really don't
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't we just go back to waking each other's dicks again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No! We said we' d never mention that agai...no I mean what are you talking about, thats ridiculous
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can hug and make up which part of your body would you like kissed sir
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just wanna spoon and...no I'm not falling for your tricks anymore, I've moved on.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes I know about your deep love you have for @SylverReZ but I was your first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could've been polly thinking about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not your baby, no matter how much you what it to be, we were separated at that time.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We sound like Mexican soap operas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I miss polly, he took alot shit but was fun messing with him
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why I don't get too involved in the forums I don't want my name all over the damn place but I do feel like I had a doing in the Leo and Luke love battle lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the cross gen console thing has killed playing cod, bf, pubg on consoles. Cheaters on pc has made them horrible
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think the cross gen console thing has killed playing cod, bf, pubg on consoles. Cheaters on pc...