Mass Effect Legendary Edition rebalancing certain gameplay elements in the interest of unity

mele-calibrations-fpo1.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

While the galaxy is anxiously awaiting Commander Shepard's triumphant return, gamers across the globe were recently informed of some modifications to the original Mass Effect games that will be present in Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Jay Ingram, community manager for EA and BioWare, has revealed that there will be some gameplay rebalancing and other mechanical improvements to the upcoming remaster via via a blog post on the EA site. The most prominent change is a complete re-tuning of the combat in the first Mass Effect game, which is notorious among fans for how differently it plays compared to the rest of the trilogy. Gunplay is the primary change here, offering increased accuracy and aim assist to make the entry point of the series feel and play more like its sequels. Beyond weapon accuracy, other gameplay changes for the first game include faster weapon cooldown, melee being mapped to a button rather than automatic at close range, and the ability for Shepard to sprint both in and out of combat.

This is in line with a major goal for the remaster touted in the blog, which was to make each piece of the trilogy feel more consistent with each other, without losing unique features and the general "feel" special to each game. Another major way that this is being achieved is by taking the series finale into account from the get go, and accounting for content completed and choices made through all three games leading up to the final battle against the Reaper threat. Legendary Edition's version of the finale will also no longer be affected by external factors such as the old Mass Effect 3 companion app, or the game's removed multiplayer mode.

Other gameplay re-balances for the remaster include individual squad member commands added to Mass Effect that are present in Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, improving the handling and combat elements of the land vehicle gameplay in the original game, a more uniform character creator process for the entire trilogy, and tweaking specific boss fights and combat cover elements across all three games. Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be released on May 14th, 2021. It will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows systems, with forward compatibility for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

:arrow:Source

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Moon mission though...that was the toughest part of ME1? that I had to get through. Those battle drones were the toughest enemies I had to face in probably the whole series, tougher than even the ME3 "Get to the Reaper" finale battle. It would be a real trip if Legendary decided to completely change the ending of the series to something that made better sense, but that ain't happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.