this is how a prison in norway looks like.... SHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIT

ku-xlarge.jpg

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about my brave struggle in the face of adversity? You remember what I said a few days ago; where's the respect for my tenacity and disregard for established customs? Otherwise, I would believe this to be a troll thread; it's that stupid.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most people are content to drift through life, never questioning the established order. Some men are stronger than that, though. They refuse to submit. These men take a stand for what is right and just. They are the heroes, the legends, that singlehandedly turn the tide of history.
Look...I know this is sarcasm, so don't think I don't get what you're saying. But answer me this:

would you have gone for that same joke if one of those 9/11 airplane pilots somehow survived and, while in prison, proclaimed he was going on a hunger strike for better videogames?

I know that guy. I know what he did and (to a degree) for what reason. And truth be told: I'm downright scared of it. This isn't a case of abandonment of hope to fit in (the many school shootouts) or even having a terrible sexual preference (Dutroux) but methodologically planning, preparing and executing a plan in cold blood. Fuck...from pretty much all sources I've read upon him, it's as if he literally IS the bad guy from movies.
The fact that the Scandinavian countries really CARE for their inhabitants make it all the worse (the prison Flame mentions is proof of that). In pretty much all European graphs on crime, poverty, wealth distribution, traffic safety, popularity of politicians...those countries always score the best in whatever item was polled. Norway is right up with the LAST place where I'd expect such an assault. Yet he exists. And it scares me.

I normally don't join two minute hate sessions, especially not over the internet. But I can't deny that this is exactly what I would have written:
They should just let him starve to death.

...and I mean it. If I was his prison guard, I would have said something like "suit yourself" and take away his food in case he changed his mind. I'm not proud of it...but that's what I would do... :(

EDIT: also: PC is off the record even MORE SO than that. There's one guy you REALLY don't want anywhere near a possibility to put something on a blog.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look...I know this is sarcasm, so don't think I don't get what you're saying. But answer me this:

would you have gone for that same joke if one of those 9/11 airplane pilots somehow survived and, while in prison, proclaimed he was going on a hunger strike for better videogames?

Absolutely. There's really no difference.

The man is using the same protest technique as Mahatma Gandhi because he wants a comfier chair. He believes that access to a PS2, daily walks, and a weekly allowance of $49 is "torture." This is so absurd it deserves nothing less than derision.

When I write, I don't treat people like this seriously because I don't believe they deserve that kind of respect. I believe when you take the killers seriously, you're giving their acts legitimacy.

Please note that the victims are never once the subject here; the focus is entirely on Breivik and his delusions of grandeur.

If you're interested, I'd recommend reading about Mel Brooks' perspective on his portrayals of Hitler over the years; this article is a good start.

/seriousness

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
that's the price of listening to the people such that now even prisoners claim they legally should be receiving more benefits.

the world has become a luxurious place and unnecessary freedom has been given in unnecessary aspects of life such as ... no i ain't touching this topic

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Torture? prisons in Norway?

Pls, you are living in literal paradise with a little bit of strictness for 20 years. Get some education if you don't have a degree or two, you'd be a doctor by the time you get out.
He's never getting out, 21 year sentence is the max they have in Norway, but they'll just find another reason to keep him in for life. No way this guy is ever getting out.

Doesn't surprise me he got some gaemz to play, a lot of prisons in Europe are way too soft...

Great joke on the master race though Gahars, that was great :P

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He killed nearly 80 people in cold blood. The only chair he deserves is the electric chair. He lost all rights to anything, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: jalaneme

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys, what's the least serious crime that I can be sent there for? I've been meaning to visit Norway, and some spending cash would be nice.

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has a point. Norway considers the penal system as a tool for rehabilitation not punishment(regardless of how insane it is to believe some people can be rehabilitated). For safety they need to keep him isolated. Protecting him from the other inmates is something the penal system is required to do and necessitates certain considerations to prevent it hampering his rehabilitation. Also it has been argued by several reputable experts at different times that the ability to send and receive letters is or should be considered a human right. If he is actually spending well over $50 on postage for letters then he should be able to especially for someone in strict isolation because interactions with other people is essential for rehabilitation. Now the ps2 vs a ps3 seems a bit unreasonable although I would assume as he is in strict isolation he receives an older system and the general population is given access to a ps3 although it is probably shared among several inmates. If the only reason he doesn't have access to it is because of his isolation then it is not necessarily legal under norwegian law to deprive him of it.. Now limiting what games he has access to compared to the general prison population, without the consensus of medical experts that it would harm his rehabilitation is indeed unfair treatment and also may not be legally permissible. Personally, I think they should be letting the families of his victims decide his living conditions as he deserves it, under the assumption that the sole purpose of his incarceration is his rehabilitation, however, several of his demands should probably be granted and some way be found to avoid total isolation.

Now for probably 70% of those in prison I'm all for rehabilitation being the preeminent goal of their incarceration. The other 30% though should be executed and I definitely feel he should be one of them.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Man... I'm pretty sure most of your post is sarcasm so I won't say anything... But in the event you actually mean what you're saying, I can just think of the victims and how they're hurting in the great beyond because of your post...

Just putting the words "hero" and "killer of 77 people" in the same post is an outrage in and out of itself...

Again, I just hope you're being 200% sarcastic.
You obviously don't know Gahars very well.
Yes, he's actually making a mockery of Anders Breivik :P

this is how a prison in norway looks like.... SHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIT
ku-xlarge.jpg
My apartment doesn't even look that nice.

And I've stayed in much worse-looking hotels :blink:

Reactions: PhillipDS

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ericthegreat there is no sentence greater than 21 years in Norway however before he is released he has to pass an examination by experts to determine that he is rehabilitated. If they find he is not the sentence is extended by 5 years at which point he will be examined again. If they repeatedly find him not to be rehabilitated he can spend the rest of his life in prison. this is likely to be the case. Given their low rate of recidivism it seems they are somewhat competent at determining rehabilitation as only roughly 30% of their released criminals reoffend as opposed to 70% in the US and UK. In fact here most progressive institutions boast a recidivism rate of only 16%

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You obviously don't know Gahars very well.
Yes, he's actually making a mockery of Anders Breivik :P

My apartment doesn't even look that nice.

And I've stayed in much worse-looking hotels :blink:

I'd gladly trade my dorm room for a prison room over there. =O
My room is a tiny place where I can't even have a tv or a desktop (only my laptop) and the window is somewhat cracked and wind blows into my room at night. x'D
And I don't get an allowance that high. ='(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played Animal Well?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What's your thoughts?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of features into the iPad but all of them got irreparably mangled
    in the process."
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That'll be fixed in the next update
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Janet Jackson release a new song
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Is Janet Jackson alive?
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    And has she put her boob away yet?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry:
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    I hope this is a dream and I'm not actually leaving messages for others to see. :ninja:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You are not.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and sing along
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: and sing along