Hacking MATRIXPS3 & USBBREAK dongles

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just received this items in the mail today and I have been looking for a tutorial on how to get all files needed and how to use them to downgrade and jailbreak.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I have a ps3 slim 130gb hd firmware 3.55

It says I can downgrade to 3.41 and then use the other to jailbreak but Im so lost Im ready to give up.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I should say something along the lines of "if you don't know how to do it, don't even try".

Have you tried reading the FAQ stickied here? Or the PSGroove guide? Have you even googled "PSFreedom" and tried to find the answers there? Or "how to use USBbreak"?

Short answer: find the latest PL3 payload to update it with, then follow the typical Jailbreak instructions. Get a normal USB drive and put your ".pkg" files on it (like a backup manager) and use the option under Games to install them.
EDIT: Oh right, downgrading. I don't know the details about that (because I've never cared) but some CFW are designed for 3.55 anyway, so there's no real need to downgrade.

Warning1: Sony will know about it the second your PS3 connects to the internet (at boot). There's currently no way around that without staying offline permanently.
Warning2: Jailbreak method is already more-or-less redunant as Custom Firmwares don't require you to Jailbreak it every time you turn it on. Jailbreaking may have better compatability, but it's only a matter of time until the backup mangers designed for CFW iron out the bugs (they've only been out for a few days).

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im currently stuck in service factory mode and connot get out.

My ps3 says 3.55 but it shows option for Install package. but in factory service mode

Thanks For the tips If I figure out how to stay on 3.55 with out service mode Ill just wait for a backup manager

I no I prolly f**ked this up really good now but all help is wanted thanks Soopa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1