OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update 1.0.6
- Multiplayer text/images
- Medabot Names 50% or so

we used this list for a general "fimiliarity" of names and are we aware they are wrong
(We just wanted a way that could help players find their way easier)

- More Fixed text/image corrections
- new stats legend (in first image)
- Tons of popup robattle/question text
- Memo note/ progress hints have been fixed
(Hoping later to fix this and expand on some of the vague details if possible at a later time)

legend.png

multiplayer.pngpopup.png

Last edited by Sotaeko,
Update 1.0.7

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update 1.0.7
- Medabot Names finished
- Re-did medalia info entirely (should me more or less accurate)
- Fixed images/translations
- Fixed progress hints and some changes (filled empty space to show the full length)
- Fixed more memo text going off screen
- Fixed multiplayer buttons
- Corrected some shop menus and titles
- Rotation system is being worked on (partially done)
medalias.pngrotations.png

Deleted member 584592

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much for this, been waiting for a long time.

Edit: I tried it on the Kabuto version JPN cia, I followed the instructions carefully and tested the patch with and without the update but it's still in Japanese text.

The patch files data folder was placed into luma/titles/0004000000174E00 but it's still in Japanese text at the main menu and during the tutorial battle.

Is it because my console is from EUR region? What did I do wrong? is it because I installed the game using custom install 3ds? should I try to install it via FBI? it takes long to install is all.

Please help me I really want to play this, really stumped that it's not working :( and thank you to the people to put time and effort to translate this.

Last edited by Deleted member 584592,

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this, been waiting for a long time.

Edit: I tried it on the Kabuto version JPN cia, I followed the instructions carefully and tested the patch with and without the update but it's still in Japanese text.

The patch files data folder was placed into luma/titles/0004000000174E00 but it's still in Japanese text at the main menu and during the tutorial battle.

Is it because my console is from EUR region? What did I do wrong? is it because I installed the game using custom install 3ds? should I try to install it via FBI? it takes long to install is all.

Please help me I really want to play this, really stumped that it's not working :( and thank you to the people to put time and effort to translate this.
the update files need to be placed in the update cia and installed.

It is just my husband and I doing this translation we dont have a team.

Deleted member 584592

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the update files need to be placed in the update cia and installed.

It is just my husband and I doing this translation we dont have a team.
Edit: Hi I got it to work, I created a romfs folder inside luma/titles/0004000000174E00, copied the patch romfs folders into the luma/titles/0004000000174E00/romfs and it works with the update v1.1 installed. thank you so much for the patch files.

Last edited by Deleted member 584592,

Tropicaurora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, thanks for the translation! I come both to share some resources and to ask a question.

I ran these japanese sites through Google Translate and they've been a lot of help, bridging gaps in understanding that the english translation still doesn't. With all of this help, I've managed to get all the way to the quest called "Medal Collect: Blocked Mt. Road".
As I can't send links, I'll send them broken for your use. Delete all the spaces and you should have the links, then run the sites through Google Translate.

meda7 . game - cmr . com / meda9 /
wicurio . com / medarotnine /

Now for the question: When I click the quest "Medal Collect: Blocked Mt. Road", rather than taking it up, the character says "I don't think so." It is the only quest I have left, I did every other quest available to me, and it seems I cannot progress further without finishing this one. I've looked at a japanese let's play, and the let's player finished the same quests I did, but he could start the "Blocked Mt. Road" quest while I get "I don't think so." So I have to ask, is this a bug?

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, thanks for the translation! I come both to share some resources and to ask a question.

I ran these japanese sites through Google Translate and they've been a lot of help, bridging gaps in understanding that the english translation still doesn't. With all of this help, I've managed to get all the way to the quest called "Medal Collect: Blocked Mt. Road".
As I can't send links, I'll send them broken for your use. Delete all the spaces and you should have the links, then run the sites through Google Translate.

meda7 . game - cmr . com / meda9 /
wicurio . com / medarotnine /

Now for the question: When I click the quest "Medal Collect: Blocked Mt. Road", rather than taking it up, the character says "I don't think so." It is the only quest I have left, I did every other quest available to me, and it seems I cannot progress further without finishing this one. I've looked at a japanese let's play, and the let's player finished the same quests I did, but he could start the "Blocked Mt. Road" quest while I get "I don't think so." So I have to ask, is this a bug?
have you tried sleeping? that might have something to do with it, go to your hall and try that

Tropicaurora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do not seem to have the option of sleeping; I went to my hall and pressed A all over the bed, then I also pressed X for good measure, but the character wouldn't stop running into the bed, no sleep happening; sleep happens when you complete a quest, right? I have no quests left to complete, except for the Blocked Mt. Road

Tropicaurora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update: I figured that if it was a bug with the translation patch, I'd just need to delete the patch files from the luma/titles folder via Godmode9, accept the quest, and then reinstall the patch files from my computer.

Uninstalling the files has indeed allowed me to accept the Blocked Mt.Road quest without getting blocked by "I don't think so", therefore it is safe to say this is a bug with the patch.

That being said, I've since reinstalled the patch and the quest works as normal, so if anyone else is stuck in this particular spot, the workaround really is as simple as this: uninstall the patch, accept the quest, then install the patch again.

Thanks once again for your work translating this game, it's been a blast so far!

Reactions: Ikari65

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: I figured that if it was a bug with the translation patch, I'd just need to delete the patch files from the luma/titles folder via Godmode9, accept the quest, and then reinstall the patch files from my computer.

Uninstalling the files has indeed allowed me to accept the Blocked Mt.Road quest without getting blocked by "I don't think so", therefore it is safe to say this is a bug with the patch.

That being said, I've since reinstalled the patch and the quest works as normal, so if anyone else is stuck in this particular spot, the workaround really is as simple as this: uninstall the patch, accept the quest, then install the patch again.

Thanks once again for your work translating this game, it's been a blast so far!
which patch were you using when this issue was happening?

Reactions: Ikari65

Pachirisuchanly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my goodness.. I thank you for going through translating and everything! Medabots/Medarot has been a much loved series for me, but sadly I can't read Japanese... (I'm going to learn though!)
So, seeing this, makes me happy!

Reactions: artsypencil

Tropicaurora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just beat the game today! Apparently if you save after the final boss, the game just goes and erases your file, meaning there's literally no post-game, but that's fine; doing it over with new knowledge of the medapart combinations and the steps to progress is a kind of "post-game" I dig.

Thanks again for making it so convenient, feels good to finally beat a Medarot game that's not on the GBA, really takes me back

Tropicaurora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As a side-note, I'd like to share what I think is the single most broken move in the game: Heavy Guard shields. They're available early, from the blocky shield robots at the warehouse, and the Pegasus medal that you get from the racer-looking guy levels up Protect quickly. If an attack does less than 60 damage, the Medabot completely blanks it, suffering no damage or status effects whatsoever. This move trivializes many battles, as enemies who rely on attacking many times with weaker moves basically can't even wear down your team. There's a version that works up to 100 damage, but I find 60 does the job well enough while not being as slow.

You do have to watch out for Hammers (do extra damage if you defend), Wave (makes you unable to defend) and especially Destroy (immediately brings your shield to 0 if it hits, as you're in your cooldown phase), but other than that, Heavy Guard makes your life very easy. For some battles you don't even need to bring a healer, because the Medabot takes 0 damage.

Scout (Radar Sight) was kind of broken in the GBA games, but I haven't felt it be as powerful here; maybe I just didn't experiment with it enough, but the damage and hit rate just don't seem to ramp up as fast.

Reactions: Zense
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To anyone who doesn't understand how to apply the patch in the future.

This works for the rokusho version too, just rename the 0004000000174E00 folder into 0004000000174F00.

1. first make sure "enable game patching" is enabled in luma3ds configuration menu.
2. create a new folder named titles on your desktop > inside the titles folder create a new folder named 0004000000174E00.
3. copy the romfs folder from data/game and data/update into the titles/0004000000174E00 folder.
4. copy the titles folder into the luma folder on your SD card.

to verify that it works, the splash screen, title screen and main menu should be in English text.

edit: note this only works with the base game v1.0 and installing the game update v1.1 will revert the text back to Japanese.

Last edited by Deleted member 552781,

Sotaeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a link on my main post on how to do the luma method. The update files NEED to be installed through the update.cia there is no work around for that on the 3DS.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is a link on my main post on how to do the luma method. The update files NEED to be installed through the update.cia there is no work around for that on the 3DS.
Hi yes, I did follow the LumaFS github guide instructions for the base game version v1.0, but the way I applied the patch is slightly different.

I didn't install the update files through the cia. I just copied the romfs folder from data/game and data/update to luma/titles/titleid and then it worked.

I don't know how to rebuild and extract cia. but this method works and I'm satisfied with it. Thank you again for the updated patch files.

edit 2: btw im using the base game version v1.0, if I install the update v1.1 it'll revert back to Japanese text and of course without the v1.1 update you can't play online, but last time I tried online with the update v1.1 installed, I couldn't find anyone as the game is old.

Last edited by Deleted member 552781,

BlueZed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally made a GBAtemp account just because I wanted to say thank you for the translation effort! I've been bummed about the lack of english Medarot releases for many years now, and this seems to be shaping into a great project. Seriously, this is awesome.

Please, please keep it up. The series is very starved for translation. :D

Reactions: Sotaeko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j