Homebrew Memory Pit - A new DSi exploit for DSi camera!

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on a 3ds if you (in some unholy dark magic filled way) have the dsi camera app installed somehow? Just a curious thought, if even you’re not sure, I can provide you with the cia I got from a buddy.
Yes, it should work in theory. Sharing WARES (Copyrighted content) like .cias is against the GBATemp Rules.

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, very new at all this , but I have everything working Ithink. was able to get nds games working, got gbc games working,
My issue i with GBA games , fist It was the bios. bin issues, fixed that , games is the issue, I put them in ther own folder like othe games, but when you open that folder in the console, ,doesnt show games, one game is .gba, other .mb. Please help if you can thank you

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, very new at all this , but I have everything working Ithink. was able to get nds games working, got gbc games working,
My issue i with GBA games , fist It was the bios. bin issues, fixed that , games is the issue, I put them in ther own folder like othe games, but when you open that folder in the console, ,doesnt show games, one game is .gba, other .mb. Please help if you can thank you

Hello.:)

The "safest" way is to make an Folder "gba" in the Root of the SD Card.
And your GameBoy Advance Games has as you correctly say .gba format.
The bios.bin now can actual placed in the "_gba" Folder which is created after first time when you in the GBARunner/TWiLight settings.:)
And one important Thing also,your SD Card is formatted with FAT32.

I hope this helps you on your Way to GameBoy Advance gaming.:)

If you have still questions for GBARunner,please use the Thread,it is easier to find and to help you:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Thank you for your help, did what you suggested , but still not working, but still when I go into console , it see's the .nds games and the .gbc games, but it doesnt seee .gba games :unsure::wacko:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
Thank you for your help, did what you suggested , but still not working, but still when I go into console , it see's the .nds games and the .gbc games, but it doesnt seee .gba games :unsure::wacko:

Thank you for your reply.

To understand you correct:

- You Start your DSi and boot into TWiLight Menu
- Then you try to start a GameBoy Advance Game

Did you then PRESS SELECT to get into the Menu with the GBARunner ? :(

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Sorry to be a bother, just trying to learn and understand, getting gba to play in an emulator is a challenge to say the least, (except for in windows and android, they work ok)
Anyway, when I boot the console(DSI xl), it boot to the sd card now, a few splash screens come up the it stops on what I can only describe as what a DS Lite screen looks like, the lower box being for
GBA runner2 . When I click it I get both screens white nothing until it times out and errors. I believe it does this because the system isnt seeing the gba game I put in a GBA folder, along with a GBC folder and a NDS folder, the system see's those games fine. But when I open GBA folder, it doesnt see game when viewed in the console. Even though, if you put the card in PC the gba games are there!
And yes the card is Fat32, checked with the error program they suggest in the tutorial. So I'm at a loss, Is GBArunner working ? is that why I don't seethe gba games in the console folder?
There in is why I came to you good people, that know way more than I. I'm a 60 yr old vet working in health care, take alot of my time. Anyway, what ever help I can get , it is appreciated, Thank youB-):unsure::blink::wacko::gba:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,
Sorry to be a bother, just trying to learn and understand, getting gba to play in an emulator is a challenge to say the least, (except for in windows and android, they work ok)
Anyway, when I boot the console(DSI xl), it boot to the sd card now, a few splash screens come up the it stops on what I can only describe as what a DS Lite screen looks like, the lower box being for
GBA runner2 . When I click it I get both screens white nothing until it times out and errors. I believe it does this because the system isnt seeing the gba game I put in a GBA folder, along with a GBC folder and a NDS folder, the system see's those games fine. But when I open GBA folder, it doesnt see game when viewed in the console. Even though, if you put the card in PC the gba games are there!
And yes the card is Fat32, checked with the error program they suggest in the tutorial. So I'm at a loss, Is GBArunner working ? is that why I don't seethe gba games in the console folder?
There in is why I came to you good people, that know way more than I. I'm a 60 yr old vet working in health care, take alot of my time. Anyway, what ever help I can get , it is appreciated, Thank youB-):unsure::blink::wacko::gba:

This is for what GBAtemp stands.Help people.:)
Lets have a Look,if all is correct.

Here is a Video how it can be to use GBARunner if you start your DSi:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2HDjTU0eL43SckUqlO9rtWyhImUl3Uv/view

And to get sure all is ok:

- Your SD Card is formatted with FAT32 and the option "Default cluster size" (you said your SD Card is formatted this way,very good)
- the Bios "bios.bin" File is in the ROOT of your SD Card or in the Folder _gba
- Game Folder is "gba" in the Root of the SD Card
- Games have the format .gba (Please check in Windows of the File Extensions are ENABLED and the Roms have REALLY the Extension .gba and NOT .gba.exe like downloaded files from some "not so good" Sites.We have this case a lot of times.

Please DO NOT ask where to get good Roms.It is not good for GBAtemp and the Rules are strictly against Requests of them.Thank you for your insight.:)

I wish you Good Luck,if you have still Questions,please ask.

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again,
I can attest positive to the above ,with the exception of finely examining the file extensions. But the roms work on other platforms, but that does raise a good question, how good are roms lately. They've been copied and pasted a billion times , all over the planet. I would never ask for a rom provider. I would like how ever a set of good Pokemon roms, all platforms, all games, for my own use,
but alas, my be some day. Note: I did the file ext check, they are .gba, except for ones I tried on a R4 card (R4 Gold), which never worked properly. I haven't had any luck with GBA except for android and PC emulators. Not sure what else to try at this point, how do I know if GBARunner is working , if the system isn't seeing the games, and WHY isn't seeing the games, "answers we seek, young Skywalker"

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello again,
I can attest positive to the above ,with the exception of finely examining the file extensions. But the roms work on other platforms, but that does raise a good question, how good are roms lately. They've been copied and pasted a billion times , all over the planet. I would never ask for a rom provider. I would like how ever a set of good Pokemon roms, all platforms, all games, for my own use,
but alas, my be some day. Note: I did the file ext check, they are .gba, except for ones I tried on a R4 card (R4 Gold), which never worked properly. I haven't had any luck with GBA except for android and PC emulators. Not sure what else to try at this point, how do I know if GBARunner is working , if the system isn't seeing the games, and WHY isn't seeing the games, "answers we seek, young Skywalker"

Oh,that is not good.I am very sorry that you still not able to use GBARunner.:(

To understand your full story:

- You have done the Memory Pit Exploit because you have posted in this Thread here.:D
- You have the latest TWiLight v9.3.0 with included nds-bootstrap v0.24.0 on your DSi now.You can check this by pressing SELECT in TWiLight menu and choose TWLMenu++ Settings please.
(Did you used the HiyaCFW Helper ? )

Here are Screens to show you the content of the SD Card:

Ohne Titel-100.jpg Ohne Titel-101.jpg Ohne Titel-102.jpg

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Not sure on the version numbers, HiyaCFW Helper , Yes, like the video you showed me earlier, but GBARunner doesn't start.
Used this guide, had no errors :► Unlaunch, CFW and DSIWare Install Guide dsi cfw guide

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
Not sure on the version numbers, HiyaCFW Helper , Yes, like the video you showed me earlier, but GBARunner doesn't start.
Used this guide, had no errors :► Unlaunch, CFW and DSIWare Install Guide dsi cfw guide

That means you have a NAND Backup too.:)

Suggestion for you:

- Backup your SD Card please
- Re-format it with FAT32
- Download the latest HiyaCFW Helper for Windows please.
https://github.com/mondul/HiyaCFW-Helper/releases
- Please be sure you have also the LATEST Version of 7zip installed.
https://www.7-zip.de/

and do the Install Process:

- Run the HiyaCFW_Helper.exe as Administrator please !
- First the HiyaCFW Helper asks for the Location of your NAND BACKUP File "nand.bin".
- Then the Location from your already INSERTED SD Card
- After a few Minutes it says "Done! Eject your SD card and insert it into your DSi.
- Please LEAVE the SD Card in you PC to make the "gba" Folder in the Root and/or in "roms".
(the actual Guide says "For GBA, make a folder in roms named gba and place roms there)
- put some Roms into and copy your BIOS File "bios.bin" in the Root of the SD Card.

You can maybe try this if you want.

Good Luck.
Thank you for reading.:)

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,
Back up SD, reformat SD Fat 32. Do full install with Unlaunch, HBMenu, flipnote Lenny, which Memory Pit 1.0-1.3, or 1.4-1.4.5. Then Install the "HiyaCFW Help above. A "bios.bin" from where??

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So,
Back up SD, reformat SD Fat 32. Do full install with Unlaunch, HBMenu, flipnote Lenny, which Memory Pit 1.0-1.3, or 1.4-1.4.5. Then Install the "HiyaCFW Help above. A "bios.bin" from where??

Great to see your progress.:)

The bios.bin is a copyrighted material.We can give you no link or source for that.
Is it not already in on your previous hopefully backupped SD Card content ?
If not,then it was unfortunately a missunderstanding.:(

From your very first post:
My issue i with GBA games , fist It was the bios. bin issues, fixed that , games is the issue, I put them in ther own folder like othe games

I thought you have it already.:)

If not please consult google or your search engine of your confidence and try maybe
gba bios.bin

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Ziggy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do , but I thought there was a specific one. What exactly is bios.bin file? Where does it originate? I follow instruction well, and know a little , but some things I don't, I try to learn.
Is that wrong to learn?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I do , but I thought there was a specific one. What exactly is bios.bin file? Where does it originate? I follow instruction well, and know a little , but some things I don't, I try to learn.
Is that wrong to learn?
That is great.:)

The bios.bin is as the name says the "OS" from the GameBoy Advance.It was "extracted" for preservation.and also can used in emulators or even for the GBARunner.As you maybe now Emulators in general DO NOT have to include this copyrighted Material such Firmware or Bios.
Please do not ask me why and how this copyrighted/emulated Things about legal situation and why there are still emulators and so on.:D
For us the User is all clear and for the Manufacturer/Producers of Video Game Devices is all clear - but unfortunately BOTH have DIFFERENT views and opinions for this.:D

And for your question about a specific one,no there is the one and only.For the newer Devices they have different Firmware/Bios/System Menu Versions,and from that depends the hacking Methode/the Exploit Version and so on.For actual Devices is additionally they are still being updated to get "rid" of these annoying "Exploits" and Hacks....and OF COURSE to make the Systems better and more stable.:rofl2:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Its working now Thank you Alexander1970, My remaining question, How to shut down unit now ,so you
don't corrupt any files, Thank you again:bow:

Great,I am very glad for you.:)

It is not Windows,you can simply turn your DSi OFF.:)

I wish you now many fun with your DSi and GBARunner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P