Kallus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid_dread.png

Metroid Dread is a 2.5D Metroid homebrew project made in DS Game Maker, and is currently under active development.

As of now, everything is in a very early state. So early, I don't even have much to show. However, it is being developed constantly and should have some progress to show in the next few weeks.

The Concept

Much like the original concept of Metroid Dread, it will play like Metroid Fusion but with a 2.5D effect going on.

The Story

In Metroid Dread, Samus investigates a distress signal sent from a Federation-owned containment ship, which was hauling the last true Metroid. Apon arrival, the ship is trashed and the lights are out. As you play, the story unravels itself and you learn more of what really went down to send that distress signal.

To-do List

-Title Screen - 50% (Basic text-only title screen at the moment.)

-Levels - 10% (Currently only test stages)

-Samus/Player - 10% (Basic functions finished, just need to add animations and sprites)

Last edited by Kallus,

Kallus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you go public with this before it was finished?

Like most real games do, I decided to do that to both help spread the word and get criticism on things about it as I develop. (So people get that just-right feel about the game)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Probably.
Well, I wish you and this project the best of luck. Hate criticizing people doing awesome things like this, but Nintendo has a long track record of shutting down fan projects that are based on their IP.

Hopefully you live in China or Russia or someplace like that :P

Kallus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wish you and this project the best of luck. Hate criticizing people doing awesome things like this, but Nintendo has a long track record of shutting down fan projects that are based on their IP.

Hopefully you live in China or Russia or someplace like that :P

Unfortunately I don't. I've heard about Nintendo taking down AM2R and Pokemon Prism. I think it's best to not get too popular, or else Nintendo will notice you and strike you down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, yep +1