JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
According to variety, hollywood producers Warren Zide and Craig Perry (of American Pie and Final Destination fame) have gained rights and permission for a Metroid Movie.

Nothing further more has been announced....but could this be true?

M

megamanxzero

well with camera's and stuff
tongue.gif
i wolud think they need alot of computer animated screens etc but i would be cool

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Warren Zide and Craig Perry (of American Pie and Final Destination fame)
Not Another Teen Movie...?Hope not...

None of the hollywood gamemovies have been any good.Just saw Tomb Raider and Resident Evil and they really didn`t change my opinion for better,just the opposite
laugh.gif

Let`s just hope the guys know what they are doing and the movie will be at least average.You never know
biggrin.gif

F

fractic

Metroid games have an surtain tension in them. I wonder if they can put that in a movie.

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can only assume it would be pretty much like Alien

similar theme

but they will probably muck it up somewhere
anyone remember Super Mario Bros Movie....?
smile.gif

S

SickFish

i have been waiting for a movie about the legend of zelda or metroid and here these people come,i hope its good.i hope milla jovovich is samus
biggrin.gif

kutabare

akutareguchi
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warren Zide and Craig Perry should leave Metroid the f-ck alone.
mad.gif
Nintendo can't need the money that badly and letting a couple of twats mess around with a solid story such as Metroid = disaster IMO.
wink.gif

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
The movies they've worked on are pretty average and are comedies.
I really hope Samus doesn't have a side kick who's played by some "funny" guy like Steve Buscemi, who seems to be in everything, and makes jokes and comments all the time. I think this movie will bomb at the cinemas and will go straight to video.
LEAVE METROID ALONE!

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I can only assume it would be pretty much like Alien

similar theme

but they will probably muck it up somewhere
anyone remember Super Mario Bros Movie....?
smile.gif
Your not alone there...I to remember that discusting movie. Why did they put Bob huskins (dunno if the second name is right) init, and they made LUIGI like the princess peach instead of Mario, how lame.

I think this movie will rock! just think about it, all the mysteries from Metroid Fusion and prime. With her robotic suit and arma, this movie will be great. I hope they make so they reveal more of Samus Aran's anciant past.

But the Producers could have been better, I hope they have a good director. Hope Steven speilburg ...
smile.gif

Btw: does anyone here remember species?

-T J

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Species sucked. I don't think we have much to worry about regarding plot mucking (like the Mario Bros. or Double Dragon movies). Listen here: Ziggy first brought this up yesterday, with this information:

"Story is set in a once peaceful galaxy, which has its prosperity shattered by a startling discovery: On a routine mapping expedition of a planet, a survey crew discovers a new airborne life form -- the Metroid. Able to engulf other living beings, feed on their energy, and multiply in great numbers, they prove a terrifying menace. Female bounty hunter Samus Aran is commissioned by the Galactic Federation to eliminate the pests, but she soon discovers that pirates with a stolen Metroid specimen are plotting to breed an build an unstoppable army."

Sounds like they're following the story of the first Metroid. I really hope they don't let it suck.

My picks for a live action Samus would have been Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Garner, but they're already in recent movies... Of course, as I said in the first thread on this subject, so long as the actress looks like Samus it'll be fine. Based on her model in Prime (which you see at the end if you got over 75% items, or got 100% and unlocked the image gallery 4 to see it in), it shouldn't be that hard.

For those who think Alien and Metroid had nothing to do with each other, check this out. Once again, the guy at the MDb pulls off something that only a real Metroid Freak could do. He's also requested a cameo in the movie (anything, he says -- even a fed marine who's toast), and since Nintendo had to use his fansite for pictures of some of the boxes of their own products, I think he should at least get something in return. (I'm not joking. WWW.METROID.COM/FUSION and the official Nintendo strategy guide for said game have pics of the previous Metroids -- and look in the bottom right corner of the Super one. Yes, that's the MDb logo -- completely uncredited!)

On another, semirelated note, welcome back, Saria. Good to see you again.

-Tempest out.-

S

slayerz

that would be amazing if alot of it was cg
omg
but im too liking the directors of the movie
a fu**in metroid movie sweeeeet jesus
all i know is that if they f*ck it up im gonna get sooooooo fu**ing pissed off and so are alot of hardcore fans so u know wat they better know wat there getting into.
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Cyph3r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh boy, I'm looking forward to it....

and the SMB Movie... OMG. The Koopas are in the game stupid turtles... in the movies the super duper macho gangsters. And Bowser really didnt look like the one in the game :wtf:

Othe producers, new luck
smile.gif

root02

[email protected], GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
All I know is, there's a lot of potential in the storyline, it's just up to the producers to be serious about what should be a fairly tense movie (could almost be classified a "thriller" in done right), that's the way I'd like to see it...

Although the general lack of character interaction in the game might present some problems for the screenplay writers........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ