Mexican or of Mexican descent tempers thread.

Ok1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am spanish and I know I am "not allowed" in this thread but I have a really important question for you, guys:
Did you notice that Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be taking place in Spain and everyone clearly talked with mexican accent or you didn't realize it because you are used to it? Did it piss you off? (I find it funny) :rofl2:

You know, the typical existential doubt everyone has.
I'm Spanish too, and I agree, it's funny and stupid at the same time.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am spanish and I know I am "not allowed" in this thread but I have a really important question for you, guys:
Did you notice that Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be taking place in Spain and everyone clearly talked with mexican accent or you didn't realize it because you are used to it? Did it piss you off? (I find it funny) :rofl2:

You know, the typical existential doubt everyone has.
TBH it really sounded like Mexicans trying hard to speak Iberian Spanish (they really tried hard with their Cs and Zs).
The whole feeling was... quite weird actually.

PS: I suppose they tried to make it sound like Spain, but also to save on costs... with weird as hell results there.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

manots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>build wall

In all seriousness, for those of Mexican descent in the USA, do you have an issue with Donald Trump enforcing the law and deporting illegal immigrants? I'm fine with most anyone who came here legally, but I take serious issue with those who break the law.

In all seriousness, a little bit as i have met a couple Random illegals before that were very very kind people , however i do see your point and i think firstly we need to look at the economic ramifications of deporting 12 million people then if the public decides to go ahead then i have no problem with them deporting people as they are technically breaking the law and giving immigrants like my father a bad name.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all seriousness, a little bit as i have met a couple Random illegals before that were very very kind people , however i do see your point and i think firstly we need to look at the economic ramifications of deporting 12 million people then if the public decides to go ahead then i have no problem with them deporting people as they are technically breaking the law and giving immigrants like my father a bad name.
My argument is, if they really are that nice/valuable citizens, then they will have an easier time immigrating legally, Trump has also said he will allow the good ones to come back.

I'm sure there are good ones, however if you look at crime statistics done by illegals, it a lot higher than immigrants or native born Americans.

D

Deleted User

They're planning the assassination of Donald Trump

My first thought when I read this
201603_1820_egdib_sm.jpg

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My argument is, if they really are that nice/valuable citizens, then they will have an easier time immigrating legally, Trump has also said he will allow the good ones to come back.

I'm sure there are good ones, however if you look at crime statistics done by illegals, it a lot higher than immigrants or native born Americans.
Well, there is actually an effective solution.
Resume the invasion of Mexico from the old times, incorporate it as a whole, and then there will be no more illegal Mexicans immigrants. (as they will be all forced citizens)
And meanwhile, remove druglords that are quite annoying for the life of the average citizen.
Problem solved.
PS: J/K
PS2: Also it will give you the chance to taste real Coke, not the fake thing that was introduced to save costs in the US some time ago.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Haloman800

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was brought to the US like two days before I turned 3 and now I'm 21. What am I supposed to do?

Anyway, it isn't true that being nice will make it easier to immigrate legally. You can become a citizen if you've got like $500k to invest in the US, but the ones crossing illegally are either starving to death (my parents), or criminals.

Obviously, I am very biased on this issue because most of my family is "illegal".

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was brought to the US like two days before I turned 3 and now I'm 21. What am I supposed to do?

Anyway, it isn't true that being nice will make it easier to immigrate legally. You can become a citizen if you've got like $500k to invest in the US, but the ones crossing illegally are either starving to death, (my parents) or criminals.

Obviously, I am very biased on this issue because most of my family is "illegal".
Being a citizen of the greatest country in the world shouldn't be contingent on being born within walking distance of it. There are thousands of doctors, engineers, etc. That want to get into the USA, but they can't, not in small part due to illegals.

I'm not going to reply further; I don't want to get banned for "hate speech" or off topic posting.

Reactions: vayanui8

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a citizen of the greatest country in the world shouldn't be contingent on being born within walking distance of it. There are thousands of doctors, engineers, etc. That want to get into the USA, but they can't, not in small part due to illegals.

I'm not going to reply further; I don't want to get banned for "hate speech" or off topic posting.
Fair enough, but what would you have people like me do? Like I said I turned three here in the US and haven't visited Mexico since then. I know lots of people like me.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's my input:

>fuck patriotism
>fuck immigration laws

I prefer to be a citizen of the world and be allowed to go/live where ever I want without answering to some bureaucratic athority. And I believe other people should be able to do as they please and it's no one's fucking business. Patriotism just spawns violence and segregation.

Edit, btw, the US is far from being the 'Greatest' nation.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here's my input:

>fuck patriotism
>fuck immigration laws

I prefer to be a citizen of the world and be allowed to go/live where ever I want without answering to some bureaucratic athority. And I believe other people should be able to do as they please and it's no one's fucking business. Patriotism just spawns violence and segregation.

Edit, btw, the US is far from being the 'Greatest' nation.

I agree with you. I'm chilean and my mother lives LEGALLY in USA. However, american inmigration department thinks I want to live in USA because of my mother, so they denied my non-inmigrant visa-request, and for that reason now I cant meet with her. It's sad because I dont have any intentions to migrate from my country. I love it.

Last edited by Intronaut,
Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you. I'm chilean and my mother lives LEGALLY in USA. However, american inmigration department thinks I want to live in USA because of my mother, so they denied my visa-request, and for that reason now I cant meet with her. It's sad because I dont have any intentions to migrate from my country. I love it.
See, you might come here and take someone's job and not pay taxes. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile corporations are outsourcing a staggering majority of labor to China to bypass taxes and for lower labor costs. But no one bitches about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1