ROM Hack [MH4U/MHX] ROM Hacking Guide

lateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm trying to mod some weapon sounds to make them louder (specifically the Ravenscythe LS, see bellow). Does anyone know where are the weapon sound files in the ROM? I love it :P
1670969417745.png

EDIT: nvm, I found it in arc/weapon/w##/snd
Post automatically merged:

But they don't allow direct transfer of even pieces of game files I think. I just want to figure out what I'm looking at and edit some features of the weapons.

Hell if I could just figure out where the hunter arts are located to alter the charge times of a couple good ones that would be enough.
A little late, but just yesterday I figured out where is the hunter arts (HA) data stored. You need to open the CIA in Kuriimu 2 or the old Karameru, then go to RomFs/arc/resident.arc. There open the table folder and extract the file hunterArtsData.294A5E8D. There are the HA charge times (2 bytes) starting at offset 0x25. Every one is 0x19 bytes long. The buildup in SP mode can be found 15 bytes after the start of every HA. The order and quantities of each is the same found in Kiranico. Example:
Absolute Evasion buildup is at offset 0x25 (sp at 0x34). Next is Absolute Readiness, at offset 0x3D (sp at 0x4D). If you want to charge those HA a 30% faster (equivalent to little more than having Insight skill + Hunter Drink), you need to edit the corresponding bytes:

1670972907345.png

Remember that you are editing HEX numbers, but most HEX editors can help you with that.

Right now I'm looking for weapon sound data.

EDIT: nvm, I found it in arc/weapon/w##/snd
EDIT: Next goal: Critical Joint power x3 mWahahaha

Last edited by lateus,

Zenneto

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I extract .mib files from the quest.arc files for MH4u using kuriimu2? I'm trying to make custom quests. Is there a plugin for 4U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut wut