Translation MHXX Complete English Patch

klark231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yes main series mh can be played solo. only frontier and mh online cant be played offline. there are plenty of tutorials with link for dlc in youtube

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really confused about the latest translation patch. There seems to be a v5 patch on another gbatemp post from 2020, and now this is v3.1 patch from 2022. Which patch am I supposed to use, or is it two different translation projects? If so, which project is more updated and recommended?

klark231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm really confused about the latest translation patch. There seems to be a v5 patch on another gbatemp post from 2020, and now this is v3.1 patch from 2022. Which patch am I supposed to use, or is it two different translation projects? If so, which project is more updated and recommended?
the version just refers to the changes made by the translator. Everytime we change something we release it as a new version as to not confuse anyone with the old version. that v5 patch by dasding is already old.

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the version just refers to the changes made by the translator. Everytime we change something we release it as a new version as to not confuse anyone with the old version. that v5 patch by dasding is already old.
Thanks for the confirmation! Me and my friend were extremely confused and this clears that up.
Another question, which patch would you recommend using (crossplay vs no crossplay)? I don't mind the bugs in the crossplay patch if it means being able to connect with more players. Does crossplay enable connecting with both 3DS and Switch players or just Switch? Should be a simple matter of reinstalling the opposite patch if I change my mind, right?

klark231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for the confirmation! Me and my friend were extremely confused and this clears that up.
Another question, which patch would you recommend using (crossplay vs no crossplay)? I don't mind the bugs in the crossplay patch if it means being able to connect with more players. Does crossplay enable connecting with both 3DS and Switch players or just Switch? Should be a simple matter of reinstalling the opposite patch if I change my mind, right?
crossplay just mean you can connect to north american server which is present in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. if a 3DS player is using a crossplay code of course they'll meet because they are on the same server. you can play with switch players by default. MHXX have a port on switch and you can play with them on default server. Default server is the Japanese Server. because capcom is dumb like shit not to release MHGU on 3DS

Reactions: MattKimura

klark231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
cuz i use a 3ds to play this game and mhgu texture somehow not very compatible (graphic looks very solic) :ph34r::ph34r:
Im using a 3DS too. i made a HUD mod. maybe you'd prefer this

Attachments

• IMG-20220813-WA0020.jpeg
    IMG-20220813-WA0020.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It seem I can't connect to online whatsoever when I use 'NoCrossplay' patch, Crossplay patch worked just fine to connect to switch sever. But I want to play with my friends on 3DS too, and use Mikewii plugin to switch crossplay on whenever I want, so do you have any idea what caused that? everything is ok when I revert back to Crosshex's version too

• Wow
Reactions: AyanamiRei

klark231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It seem I can't connect to online whatsoever when I use 'NoCrossplay' patch, Crossplay patch worked just fine to connect to switch sever. But I want to play with my friends on 3DS too, and use Mikewii plugin to switch crossplay on whenever I want, so do you have any idea what caused that? everything is ok when I revert back to Crosshex's version too
I dont know why it wont work because im definitely using it. and my patch is actually a continuation of crosshex. I use his patch as base. thats why i put him on the credits section

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I dont know why it wont work because im definitely using it. and my patch is actually a continuation of crosshex. I use his patch as base. thats why i put him on the credits section
It seem some weird bugs happen, or something with my internet, but now it working just fine after I uninstall/reinstall a few times

HoshinoUtah

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm playing on n2ds and everything seem good to me, fps 60 with abit upscale image. BUT, don't know anyone met my problem when FPS suddenly drop to around 20-25fps when at Area 8 of Marshlands (area with grass field) and Ahtal-Ka in Robot form?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.
I'm impressed to see this exists (even though I kinda hoped for it as soon as the expansion was directly released on Switch for the West). I can't wait to continue the game from MHG onward.

Is there a packaged patch containing only the translations, without the crossplay hack included? Also, based on what I've read, you can simply put the code for the crossplay yourself on your 3DS (Luma subfolders) and turn it on when you want to use it?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

PS: to other people, how did you import your US/EU save from the older game? Did you first put it into a MHX copy then from MHX to MHXX with some Nintendo program or something?

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does "crossplay" mean?? Is it cross play between 3ds and switch orr does it mean citra and 3ds?? I havent updated in awhile, when was last update for this out?

• Sad
Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does "crossplay" mean?? Is it cross play between 3ds and switch orr does it mean citra and 3ds?? I havent updated in awhile, when was last update for this out?

Answer:
No Crossplay means you can connect with the original MHXX Japan Server in Online Multiplayer.

Crossplay means you can connect with Nintendo Switch MHGU Server in Online Multiplayer however with some limitations:
  1. Can't use Japanese Exclusive DLC Armor
  2. Your console will crash if someone on MHGU posted Event Quest in the room. (Just reboot and it will be ok again)
Post automatically merged:

=============================
oh great. That one excludes the graphic texture modification, doesn’t it?
Did you end up finding a version without the graphic upgrade?

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...