Candy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey,

I'm having problems with my CycloDS or possible just my microSD. It's 8GB SDHC.

Latest cheats, StillAliveDS and SNES doesn't work on it at all. SNES used to work okay, now it doesn't.

My micro is nearly full, but I thought I'd fix the problems by deleting some games (1GB in total) but it still haven't fixed the problems.

Should I format my microSD and put in latest CycloDS firmware and cheats and see what happens?

How do you format anyway? Would it damage the microSD?

Thanks.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Formatting is reasonably simple, and it will not damage your microSD.

In Windows, open My Computer, and then right click on your microsd card drive. (Eg E:)

In the context menu, click format.

In the options, make sure that Fat32 is selected, and that all of the checkboxes are empty.

Then press format! Once Windows tells you that the format is complete, it's done!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Formatting you memory card every once in a while is a good idea. I recommend using the Panasonic SD Formatter rather than the formatter built into your OS. It dramatically improved performance when changing folders on my Acekard 2 compared to the Windows formatting utility.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

wilddenim

Candy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, that wasn't difficult. But the free space is 7.40GB instead of 8GB? What a greedy. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

My card is SanDisk, using Panasonic (a different company) SD Formatter would cause problems?

It's just I love my CycloDS too much
tongue.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:
Wow, that wasn't difficult. But the free space is 7.40GB instead of 8GB?
That's normal. My "4GB" memory cards have about 3.74 GB of total space. My "2GB" card has about 1.87GB.

QUOTE(wilddenim @ Jul 5 2008, 04:49 AM) My card is SanDisk, using Panasonic (a different company) SD Formatter would cause problems?
No. It worked wonders on my Kingston and A-Data cards. The formatting utilities that are built into various OSs are designed for magnetic disks, not flash memory cards, and as a result they don't really format the cards properly (they still work, but performance is compromised). The Panasonic formatter is designed specifically for SD cards, and it really does help.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That depends on how often you erase and refill the card. As long as the card doesn't get corrupted, the main problem you'll face is file fragmentation. The more you delete and replace files, the more fragmented the card gets. I'd say reformat once you've deleted and replaced the total capacity of the card 3 or 4 times, or any time you experience weird problems with no apparent cause.

If you think the card is too fragmented, or if you get a "too many file fragments" error (or something to that effect, I don't remember the exact words) you should copy the files from your card to the computer, format the card, then copy the files back. This will defragment the card without causing excessive wear. Never use the Windows defrag utility on a memory card.

wilddenim

Candy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, thanks for the tip! My card are often full so guess I'll have to format every in a while.

Thanks so much for all the help! Much grateful for it.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia