Microsoft and Square Enix announce new partnership to bring more Final Fantasy games to Xbox, starting with 'Final Fantasy XIV'

211cc86222ee116624b5f7d59503d473c065e893.png

During this weekend's Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest, a surprise guest joined Square Enix CEO Takashi Kiryu and Final Fantasy XIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida on stage for a joint keynote speech: Xbox's Phil Spencer. The trio revealed a partnership between Microsoft and Square Enix, in particular about bringing more Final Fantasy titles to Xbox systems.

To start with, the online title Final Fantasy XIV will launch on Xbox Series X|S next year, with an open beta starting during the Patch 6.5x series. The digital-only release will provide 4K support on the Xbox Series X, faster loading times, and a duty support system for single players.

Square Enix CEO Takashi Kiryu added that fans can expect other Final Fantasy games to be released on Xbox in the near future; saying that the company will "continue to deliver fabulous games to fans across the world" and that they're "really looking forward to working closely with Phil and the Xbox team to make this possible."

The latter IP has had a long-standing console exclusivity on PlayStation and it will be interesting to see which titles will come to Xbox, whether it's the newly released Final Fantasy XVI or future titles. Are there any Final Fantasy games you'd like to see available on Xbox platforms?

:arrow: SOURCE

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just started XIV on my PC, good to see it's expanding! wish me luck (My guide is open 😉)!
Just don't waste your time maxing level/equipment at every progression if you want the story to remain memorable. Save the "completionist's desire" until end-game.

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely take your time if you wish to stop and smell the roses every now and then. But tabzer is right, trying to level every combat and crafter/gatherer job at once can lead to some serious burnout. Since it's your first go, stick with the jobs you really like.

My original train of thought was this: When the game comes to XBox next year, all of the new players will be there to give the really-expanded Free Trial a shot. And the rest of us will have an extra platform to play it on, and buying it there will automatically add 30 extra days to our subscriptions.

Reactions: Halbour and tabzer

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Just don't waste your time maxing level/equipment at every progression if you want the story to remain memorable. Save the "completionist's desire" until end-game.
Thanks for the kind tip! I meant "guild" lol. was before realizing that... uh...
ALL OF THE FREAKING FRIEND STUFF ARE DISABLED IN THE FREE TRIAL!!!!.
yeah that's very sad for me.
Post automatically merged:

Definitely take your time if you wish to stop and smell the roses every now and then. But tabzer is right, trying to level every combat and crafter/gatherer job at once can lead to some serious burnout. Since it's your first go, stick with the jobs you really like.

My original train of thought was this: When the game comes to XBox next year, all of the new players will be there to give the really-expanded Free Trial a shot. And the rest of us will have an extra platform to play it on, and buying it there will automatically add 30 extra days to our subscriptions.
a subscription...?

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I did not know that. If that's true, that is shit.

As for a subscription, FFXIV as a MMORP requires a subscription if you want access to recent content... and I guess "friend stuff"?

It's crazy that is disabled in the free trial, and it kind of the "free trial" look not like a free trial at all, considering that community is like 90% of the game.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

As for a subscription, FFXIV as a MMORP requires a subscription if you want access to recent content... and I guess "friend stuff"?

It's crazy that is disabled in the free trial, and it kind of the "free trial" look not like a free trial at all, considering that community is like 90% of the game.
The "free trial" is a separate instance entirely, IIRC. I remember signing up for it to try the game and play with some friends. I wasn't allowed to join their parties or even see them because I was limited to the "Trial" worlds (realms?). Which to me is just dumb...

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

When I say 'friend stuff' I mean inviting, talking or friending, etc. a random girl guy you see when traveling. that's bad.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have no idea.
so now I have to spend 80 ILS on the game, and more every month, basically.

I'm back to Genshin I guess...

Wait until Shadowbringers enters the "free trial". If you don't mind playing solo for 200 hours of emphasized loneliness, I heard that's the best part.

I had no idea that Yoko Taro was on the marketing division. They should encourage you to subscribe, not guilt you into it.

Reactions: Halbour

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, time to correct some misconceptions before this gets any further out of hand. Read this:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=freetrial

1. The Free Trial is just that. The reason it has so many restrictions in place is because of the cheaters and botters. That's why FT players cannot do PvP.
2. You can still use the Say chat and Party chat to communicate with others.
3. While you cannot form parties outside of getting partied up in the Duty Finder, you can still be invited to a party. Same goes with Linkshells. People do this all the time for Free Trial players.
4. Just on the current Free Trial as it is right now, you are severely underestimating the amount of content that is available to you.
5. Since you cannot trade, be traded to, or employ retainers, you will have to be more self-sufficient and not overfill your inventory. There are guides on YouTube that explain this far better than I.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh boy, time to correct some misconceptions before this gets any further out of hand. Read this:

1. The Free Trial is just that. The reason it has so many restrictions in place is because of the cheaters and botters. That's why FT players cannot do PvP.
3. While you cannot form parties outside of getting partied up in the Duty Finder, you can still be invited to a party. Same goes with Linkshells. People do this all the time for Free Trial players.
4. Just on the current Free Trial as it is right now, you are severely underestimating the amount of content that is available to you.
5. Since you cannot trade, be traded to, or employ retainers, you will have to be more self-sufficient and not overfill your inventory. There are guides on YouTube that explain this far better than I.

That's a lot more reasonable than I thought, lol! Thanks for setting the record straight.

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

First of all, thanks for taking the time to explain.
Well, if it's that restricted... is it worth buying? or I should try another MMO\game?
BTW I watched Lucky Ghost's Guide.

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, it is worth buying.

Are you playing on PC, Steam, Mac, or Playstation?

If you're on PC, Steam, or Mac, you can buy the game and save the code you get for when you're ready to leave the Free Trial behind. But remember that it is a 1-way ticket, and once you leave the Free Trial, there is no going back to it.

Playstation players aren't so lucky, they can't save the code for later, because purchasing the game automatically applies the code the next time they boot up the game.

Reactions: tabzer and Halbour

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
In my opinion, it is worth buying.

Are you playing on PC, Steam, Mac, or Playstation?

If you're on PC, Steam, or Mac, you can buy the game and save the code you get for when you're ready to leave the Free Trial behind. But remember that it is a 1-way ticket, and once you leave the Free Trial, there is no going back to it.

Playstation players aren't so lucky, they can't save the code for later, because purchasing the game automatically applies the code the next time they boot up the game.
Well, I don't want to buy a game I'll have to pay for each month... besides, I'm trying PSO2.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the kind tip! I meant "guild" lol. was before realizing that... uh...
yeah that's very sad for me.
Post automatically merged:

a subscription...?
Oh, cool. I'm antisocial as crap, so no friend or guild stuff is more than fine with me.

Only thing I care about is how solo-able the game is. Up to this point, only ever gave swtor the time of day because it's only worth playing when treated like a Kotor game and ignoring the multiplayer crap.

Reactions: tabzer and Halbour

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, cool. I'm antisocial as crap, so no friend or guild stuff is more than fine with me.

Only thing I care about is how solo-able the game is. Up to this point, only ever gave swtor the time of day because it's only worth playing when treated like a Kotor game and ignoring the multiplayer crap.

The game is constantly moving towards solo-capability. As it is, you can "recruit" NPC "friends" that play as members of your team in the dungeons (maybe everywhere, it's been a while since I played it). You might not get things done as quickly as playing with real players, as many of them exploit the meta and make the crawl go faster.

There is also a "duty roulette" that automatically pairs you with other players. They may say something to you, act like people, or whatever, but you feel the need, you can customize your chat filters to only show certain types of text, or ignore people specifically.

Reactions: Halbour

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0