Microsoft reveals the Xbox Elite Series 2 Core controller

The Xbox Elite Controller family is growing, with the addition of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core, a mouthful of a name. It takes aspects from the exisiting Elite Controller 2, such as the adjustable thumbstick tension, trigger locks, and rubber grips, while omitting the interchangeable thumbstick styles, paddles, and d-pad, in order to put it at a lower cost. Currently, the Elite 2 retails for $179.99, while the Core will be priced at $129.99, though you can buy the "complete component pack" later on for $59.99. Available in only a white color scheme, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core will be out on September 21st.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly $200 for a controller.

Looks nice, but I'd not pay that much. I bought a PS4 Pro (9.00) with an official controller for less than that.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, in the past I bought the Elite 1 and 2, and was disappointed both times. They were expensive mistakes. They are not designed for people with a "flick" style of handling the analog stick, which would result in the character turning in the wrong direction during the most intense parts of my platforming... which sucked. They also broke so incredibly easily that it was ridiculous, especially the shoulder buttons.

The 8-Bit Do Pro controller costs a fraction of the the Elite and has neither of those very fundamental problems.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're clearly playing the same game as the console. Sony announce a better top end/over priced controller, so Microsoft release a lower priced model too, to attract people on both sides of that price spectrum.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
$180 for a controller. Not for an entire Nintendo Switch, a controller.
They really do see us as walking ATMs.
people pay 200 bucks for a mechanical keyboard+150 for a e-sport mouse just to have a little more advantage over those membrane board office mouse users, so? we are indeed walking ATMs KEK :D

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they allow you to change everything except A to B and X to Y.

Not that it will be any hard to do cutting the pins, but come on, it would be easier if they allowed it.

You can remap Elite controllers through Xbox Accessories. I sometimes have A&B and X&Y swapped as my second profile.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate custimizing anything this thing sucks, interchangable stuff, tensioning the joysticks that justy equals a janky controller that will fall apart while using it. everything has a tolerability and you cant screw around with plastic parts back and forth and not think there will be degredation this whole thing screams suck

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what am I not seeing here, This looks like the normal elite 2 controller but in white, seems to me it does and comes with everything the other one does just at a lower cost and new look.
Edit----
Ok so you have to buy the interchangeable stuff separately.
It does come with 2 thumbsticks 1 d-pad and the thumbstick tool and usb c cable.
I do think it's a good deal if you want it in white witch I do.

Last edited by leerpsp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay