Microsoft to bring XBOX ONE streaming to PC via Windows 10

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still on Windows 7 64-bit pro, no incentive to update, I'm too complacent where I am right now when it comes to OSes, so, if it ain't broke, why should I bother?

Well, if enough people upgrade to Windows 10, you'll see more and more apps (and games!) developed purely on the new OS. Simply a new Direct X version with enough improvements to gaming would result in this.

ps. Windows 8.1 is superior to Windows 7 in many ways. I'd recommend upgrading to it even if you hated 8.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People act like the only incentive to Windows 10 being developed is to sell Xbox Ones/ Make you want to buy one to try out the feature.

Um no? It's an added feature to a growing operating system that will have added benefits to anyone that already owns an Xbox One console, and can provide an integrated ecosystem for its users.

Not to mention Microsoft has said that most f it's consumers already on 8 will be able to upgrade to 10 free, or at a heavily discounted price, so what incentive is there to NOT try out the platform?

They say gamers are entitled, and then the gamers wonder why :rofl2:

Reactions: Veho

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People act like the only incentive to Windows 10 being developed is to sell Xbox Ones/ Make you want to buy one to try out the feature.

Um no? It's an added feature to a growing operating system that will have added benefits to anyone that already owns an Xbox One console, and can provide an integrated ecosystem for its users.

Not to mention Microsoft has said that most f it's consumers already on 8 will be able to upgrade to 10 free, or at a heavily discounted price, so what incentive is there to NOT try out the platform?

They say gamers are entitled, and then the gamers wonder why :rofl2:

Yeah you get windows 10 one year trial for free. What a great offer. Especially since most gamers I know just crack the system anyway. It's not like cracking windows with a tool is the easiest thing ever.
And still what's the point of this feature? Oh great I can play my Xbox games on a smaller screen on a device that could probably ran the game better. What a lovely deal. Playing PC games on Xbox? well instead of a 400€ Xbox I might as well used a raspberry that costs 50€ and use steams in home streaming service. No Win 10 needed for that. The only use for it I see so far is streaming to a Microsoft tablet assuming you have one.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you get windows 10 one year trial for free. What a great offer. Especially since most gamers I know just crack the system anyway. It's not like cracking windows with a tool is the easiest thing ever.
And still what's the point of this feature? Oh great I can play my Xbox games on a smaller screen on a device that could probably ran the game better. What a lovely deal. Playing PC games on Xbox? well instead of a 400€ Xbox I might as well used a raspberry that costs 50€ and use steams in home streaming service. No Win 10 needed for that. The only use for it I see so far is streaming to a Microsoft tablet assuming you have one.

Wait so your argument is that a 1 year free trial is a stupid and senseless offer that doesn't benefit anyone in anyway because you have the option to pirate it..? Is... is that the argument here?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Nope. That's what all the retarded journalists and shitty wording wants you to think.

http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-windows-10-will-not-be-sold-as-a-subscription/

Also, the Raspyberry Pi can't run Steam at all cuz, y'know, having an ARM processor and all :rolleyes: The only way to stream PC games to a Pi would be using Nvidia's own game streaming with the Limelight app, which is a buggy mess.

Regardless, I'm not so sure streaming like this is actually all that useful, since the main point of streaming games (in home anyways) is to do so to a big screen TV, which your Xbox One should already be hooked up to in the first place. The opposite, however, is a nice enough feature if it actually happens (streaming PC games to the XBone, that is). Would help cut down the number of devices connected to your TV and such.

Reactions: chavosaur

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if enough people upgrade to Windows 10, you'll see more and more apps (and games!) developed purely on the new OS. Simply a new Direct X version with enough improvements to gaming would result in this.

ps. Windows 8.1 is superior to Windows 7 in many ways. I'd recommend upgrading to it even if you hated 8.

There are numerous reasons why I don't want to update to 8.1, I fear lest certain programs, such as DAZ Studio 4.6 (3D animation/posing program), won't work properly, drivers having issues, and besides, my video card only supports up to DirectX11, not 12, so I wouldn't benefit from it. Furthermore, I don't want to lose my data and have to reinstall everything again, to me, it's a pain in the ass, as on Windows 7, everything runs just the way I like it. As of yet, no one has offered to give a compelling argument as to why I should update to 8.1, so far there haven't been any takers trying to win me over. I only have one HDD, and currently jobless so, I really can't back anything up to a second HDD at the time of writing. So, if I can be guaranteed to have no driver issues, all the programs I use on 7 will work on 8.1 and if I can keep all my data, then I might consider, but until someone has a compelling argument and a list of reasons why I should, not a chance :P

Also, about the whole "MS offering a trial version of Windows 10", is a myth, they are, in fact, making it free forever.

http://www.pcgamer.com/will-windows-10-be-good-for-gaming/
To clarify, Microsoft’s poorly-worded announcement made it sound to some like the free upgrade would eventually involve a subscription plan. What Microsoft meant was not “free upgrade for the first year,” but “upgrade for free within the first year.” It’s not a subscription: it’s a free, one-time upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, which includes free future updates, the way Windows has always worked.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly i don't see much point, at least for me. No exclusives worth my time and multiplatforms will look better running from my pc.

I'd prolly be hyped with this sort of stuff for ps3 or ps4, heck even handhelds like psp or 3ds but xbox ? meh.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
windows 7 64 bit is working just fine for me and plays everything perfectly i throw at it. really no need to update until either game devs start supporting 10 more than 7-8 or if mic discontinues win7. :ha:

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Windows 10 (and all its apps and services) is supposed to be scalable across all supporting platforms, meaning the same OS with the same services will run on everything from mobile phones to desktops, so i think the point of the streaming feature from the Xbone to Windows 10 is to stream games to your tablet so you can play on the toilet.

Or, you know, other places. But mainly the toilet.

That does make more sense, but they did showcase it like it would be mainly for regular desktop use.
That scalebility most likely isn't good thing in the end. With 8 and 8.1 it already meant that you can basically play mobile games on PC unoptimized and most mobile games aren't even available.

This was my first and last time I tried Windows Store and Xbox for Windows:

windows 7 64 bit is working just fine for me and plays everything perfectly i throw at it. really no need to update until either game devs start supporting 10 more than 7-8 or if mic discontinues win7. :ha:
Maybe that's one of their goals: get gamers out from 7 so that they can focus on 10 and won't get another XP situation in their hands.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Direct X 12 which is windows 10 exclusive requires 50% CPU and 50% GPU less power compared to Direct X 11. Microsoft has already shown existing direct x 11 games can be patch/upgraded to make use of direct x 12. Resulting in better load times and more stable frame rates. These two facts alone may be making the free upgrade worth it.

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
exciting times, i think windows are being forced to compete against iOS well all of the apple offerings coming through. to me its bit scary if one item gets stolen can it impact £1,000's worth of gadgets being impacted

rypaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can go out and buy an additional PC that has been artificially limited to do only what Microsoft has allowed it to do and then set
it up so that I can stream stuff to and from my existing PC.
Seems a tiny bit redundant to me.
I would rather buy one of those wireless devices that mirrors my PC to an HDMI device like my TV, that way I would have
just one power guzzling device running and it would serve both purposes

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I can go out and buy an additional PC that has been artificially limited to do only what Microsoft has allowed it to do and then set
it up so that I can stream stuff to and from my existing PC.
Seems a tiny bit redundant to me.
I would rather buy one of those wireless devices that mirrors my PC to an HDMI device like my TV, that way I would have
just one power guzzling device running and it would serve both purposes

Most modern gpus have hdmi out, same with monitors, ain't sure what's the point of such device.

Inuuto

Enigmatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 is free for life once you upgrade. There a lot more things added to the OS. I suggest for those of you who don't already know them to look it up. Also, it's free for Windows 7/8.1/Phone 8.1 users.

Why wouldn't you upgrade? Windows 7 is not getting the XP treatment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol