davebaol said:
marc_max said:
I think I'm back...
yaywii.gif

That's a good news, really.
Welcome back!
smile.gif

marc_max said:
davebaol, do you mind if I borrow your mod for beta7?
Yeah, I would be glad.
marc_max said:
I have been out of MC scene and I don't know what failed on beta6, you continued working on your cIOSd2x so I guess you know the status.
Can you tell me exactly what are the differences between my beta6 and your mod?
Really few differences concerning few lines of code to manage the revision number of the cios and the new --fullmode argument.
BTW, the --fullmode argument was intended for debugging the cios. If you want you can ignore it or make it available in the config menu of each game. That choice is up to you.
QUOTE(marc_max @ Apr 13 2011, 11:23 AM) I remember you having problems when I released beta6. Are those errors fixed in your mod?
Those random problems have been fixed in the cios, they were due to dangling pointers in the FAT module.
QUOTE(marc_max @ Apr 13 2011, 11:23 AM)
BTW, the Manage NAND option is not enabled on beta6, It shows the window, but it doesn't work yet. It will be done for beta7/final version.
That's weird since after copying SYSCONF through the Manage NAND option a few games work properly.
Maybe it's due to another null or dangling pointer in the cios.
unsure.gif
Thank you, I'll use your mod as base. Your cIOS d2x have been updated a lot and I'm very lost. I prefer to take your MC mod so it will be a guarantee that everything works like before.
I'll keep the fullmode argument (I don't think it's needed as a configuration option for each game), but it will come commented as a default.

The SYSCONF thing is impossible
smile.gif
Just take a look at the __Manage_Nand() function and you will see that it doesn't do anything.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
davebaol said:
marc_max said:
BTW, the Manage NAND option is not enabled on beta6, It shows the window, but it doesn't work yet. It will be done for beta7/final version.
That's weird since after copying SYSCONF through the Manage NAND option a few games work properly.
Maybe it's due to another null or dangling pointer in the cios.
unsure.gif
Thank you, I'll use your mod as base. Your cIOS d2x have been updated a lot and I'm very lost. I prefer to take your MC mod so it will be a guarantee that everything works like before.
I'll keep the fullmode argument (I don't think it's needed as a configuration option for each game), but it will come commented as a default.

The SYSCONF thing is impossible
smile.gif
Just take a look at the __Manage_Nand() function and you will see that it doesn't do anything.
Yes, you're right it does nothing relevant. However when you use it many code is executed eventually changing heap status, that's why I believe there's still a pointer issue in the cios.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max: Nice to hear you're back for a litle while more!
wink.gif

It would be really intresting to know what YOUR main focus will be at, if it's only bug fixes or if there is some new features that you're thinking of
wink.gif

I know atleast ONE feature that would be very appriciated by everyone and that's to being able to play the games online
biggrin.gif

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
wink.gif

It would be really intresting to know what YOUR main focus will be at, if it's only bug fixes or if there is some new features that you're thinking of
wink.gif

I know atleast ONE feature that would be very appriciated by everyone and that's to being able to play the games online
biggrin.gif
The only thing I'll do is to finish Manage NAND option. And it even won't be what I wanted, but I'm tired of this project and I'm already working on other that it's more interesting to me, and entertaining aswell
smile.gif
I hope to made it to the Homebrew Bounty!

That feature that you want depends on the cIOS.

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an update to davebaol's recent mod 6 update. It adds the scroll from first to last page and vice versa. It also displays the game name when selected.

http://rapidshare.com/files/457476915/migh...x_v4beta2_y.zip

I did not add the clear save data option. I will if anyone needs it. (edit) per request here is the update with the clear save data option and the above changes:

https://rapidshare.com/files/457544939/migh..._v4beta2_y1.zip

I did not test this compile because I do not have a WII at the moment. It should work though.

marc_max - I included the modified menu.c if you want to include these changes in your build.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yardape8000 said:
Here is an update to davebaol's recent mod 6 update. It adds the scroll from first to last page and vice versa. It also displays the game name when selected.

http://rapidshare.com/files/457476915/migh...x_v4beta2_y.zip

I did not add the clear save data option. I will if anyone needs it.

I did not test this compile because I do not have a WII at the moment. It should work though.

marc_max - I included the modified menu.c if you want to include these changes in your build.

Woot. Thank you!
biggrin.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Yardape8000 said:
I did not add the clear save data option. I will if anyone needs it.
Yep, it would very useful while testing d2x and problematic games.
smile.gif

Yardape8000: Yes but it should be activated with an argument or come as an option that could be turned on and of, or in two separate versions/releases.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
IceIceBird said:
wink.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
The only thing I'll do is to finish Manage NAND option. And it even won't be what I wanted, but I'm tired of this project and I'm already working on other that it's more interesting to me, and entertaining aswell
smile.gif
I hope to made it to the Homebrew Bounty!

That feature that you want depends on the cIOS.

marc_max: All you do is more than appreciated
smile.gif
Is there gonna be a function that copies the current real nand settings (wiimote sync settings, networksettings etc) to the emulated nand. So that we can easily update it if necessary. And also a button to clear save data on the nand would be very nice, and even nicer if it could be done for a specific game in the invidual game option gui. And just one thing more, if Mighty Channel could display the game name when selected. (The last two functions you probably can borrow from Yardape8000 mod if you ask him nicely).

davebaol: If you could add the online feature for emulated nand in the d2x cIOS sometime in the future it would be very appreciated, if it's not to hard though!
wink.gif

But to get the Lost Wind games to function properly should be first priority
smile.gif

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Anyone can test with beta6/mod if banner sounds correctly and/or the savedata creating (for Bit Trip series) work using the --path argument? I'm now looking at the code and I remember that I coded it, but I never tried it.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IIRC I can hear the banner sound with d2x and --path=/nand but not with rev17 and the nand on the root of course.
Don't know about bit trip series, maybe I'll test it later.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Well, I could be wrong.
I'll check it later.
Nevermind, I already tried it. It works perfectly. Of course, I tried it without the --path argument because it's obvious that it won't work with it. Maybe you meant that it won't work with the --path argument? Well... I don't think I have to fix this, the readme file and the meta.xml will explain that argument is only compatible with d2x.
I'm planning to recommend only d2x on the readme file. There are no reasons to use normal rev21 anymore.

Anyway... I already have Manage NAND options working correctly (or at least it seems to). It's really very useful.
I'm going to fix the banner sound on real nand mode and it will be finally finished.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
Nevermind, I already tried it. It works perfectly. Of course, I tried it without the --path argument because it's obvious that it won't work with it. Maybe you meant that it won't work with the --path argument? Well... I don't think I have to fix this, the readme file and the meta.xml will explain that argument is only compatible with d2x.
Yes, I meant with --path argument.
You could merely force it to be "/" when using a cios lower than rev21 (it's not documented, but official rev21 already support configurable path).

marc_max said:
I'm planning to recommend only d2x on the readme file. There are no reasons to use normal rev21 anymore.
I am really pleased.
happy.gif

QUOTE(marc_max @ Apr 15 2011, 01:25 PM)
Anyway... I already have Manage NAND options working correctly (or at least it seems to). It's really very useful.
I'm going to fix the banner sound on real nand mode and it will be finally finished.
Eager to test it out
biggrin.gif

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the clear save data option added to davebaol's recent rev 6 update.

This adds a per game option to delete the save data on problematic games such as Target Toss Pro - Bag Toss. If a game runs once, then black screens on future runs, try turning this option on. It also has the scroll from first/last page feature and shows the game name on the game selection screen.

I have no WII to test it, but it should work fine.

I included the modified source code.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Yardape8000 said:
Here is the clear save data option added to davebaol's recent rev 6 update.

This adds a per game option to delete the save data on problematic games such as Target Toss Pro - Bag Toss. If a game runs once, then black screens on future runs, try turning this option on. It also has the scroll from first/last page feature and shows the game name on the game selection screen.

I have no WII to test it, but it should work fine.

I included the modified source code.

ehhh sorry but did i miss something here ???? whats the point of deleting a save file from a problematic game each time.. ????

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox888 said:
ehhh sorry but did i miss something here ???? whats the point of deleting a save file from a problematic game each time.. ????

ummm, to make it work.
smile.gif

As I stated in the post: "If a game runs once, then black screens on future runs, try turning this option on." Some games do not properly save/load their data using a cIOS emulated NAND. So they work fine the first time and then black screen lockup when they are run again and try to read the save data. Deleting the save data first makes the game run again, but of course with no saved data. This will make "problematic games such as Target Toss Pro - Bag Toss" work. Of course I have not tried the latest cIOS to see if it is now working without deleting the save data, but davebaol who is working on the cIOS said this might be helpfull to him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P