Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its a decent mod, very noob friendly, but it has its issues.

Region free, for me, is still not working.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Also if you start up the Wii, and hit power button while the MiiWii logo is running its code dumps... not terrible, but still a problem.

Btw how would I remove just the miiwii boot screen? and is it possible to flach the black cSM to it, or would it interfere with any of its components?

KiiWii

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry but i see your logic but if you have to make a different project just to stop people from installing a custom .app file then maybe they shouldn't be installing cioscorp/preloader until they fully understand what's happening and i think instead of redistibuting the same apps with a different name you should have just explained to anyone that did not already know how to install softmii with out the skins

just thought don't want to seem like i'm flaming anyone but i think this will just cause more confusion than already present.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey D-Jay, very nice ass...errrm...work!
Just a couple questions:
- If I already have some of the included apps/cios installed (like Starfall, cios 249 rev7, wiigator cmios) do I have to reinstall yours or can I just skip the related steps?
- From the manual screenshots I noticed that the GC backup launcher menu is different than Waninkoko's\Wiigator's. Is it the same of Xi or is it different?

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
KiiWii said:
check ur pm's
Please don't PM Passwords. People who don't see the Passes should not install MiiWii, cause intently reading is a must.

QUOTE(Tetsuo Shima @ Mar 3 2009, 02:52 PM) Hey D-Jay, very nice ass...errrm...work!
Just a couple questions:
- If I already have some of the included apps/cios installed (like Starfall, cios 249 rev7, wiigator cmios) do I have to reinstall yours or can I just skip the related steps?
- From the manual screenshots I noticed that the GC backup launcher menu is different than Waninkoko's\Wiigator's. Is it the same of Xi or is it different?
Yes, please use PreInstaller and Hack Remover to install these apps clean.
It takes just 3minutes.

The GC Backup Launcher Menu ist the original from Waninkoko with a cMIOS v8.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
same here, don't see how different this is from other crapii guides ?

I still don"t see the interest in putting catchy names and logo everywhere or claiming rights on a guide
blink.gif

it's so weird, like someone who whant to make something more shiny that it really is

btw, modifying 3 lines of code in wad manager sourcecode and replacing the original logo with yours is kinda lame... I think

I know you just want to share the way youdid it and it's always good to teach other people but I also think it only add to the general confusion

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
blitzer320 said:
i'm sorry but i see your logic but if you have to make a different project just to stop people from installing a custom .app file then maybe they shouldn't be installing cioscorp/preloader until they fully understand what's happening and i think instead of redistibuting the same apps with a different name you should have just explained to anyone that did not already know how to install softmii with out the skins

just thought don't want to seem like i'm flaming anyone but i think this will just cause more confusion than already present.

It's not just the thing with CHS or CSM.
And as you know, people won't stop installing stuff they don't know about. Therefore comes the step-by-step manual to hold the risk as low as possible.
As I write in that manual, "MiiWii" is NOT the ultimate mod. It's just the way I used to get my Wii working as I want with all the features I want to have.

I just share it.

Nobody hast to use this. Nobody has to recognize it.
We had this conversation and it's waste.
rolleyes.gif

I will NOT account for it.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
- Ok, but can you tell me why? Are they modified versions? Just to know...

- Why did you include Waninkoko's loader? Isn't Wiigator's supposed to be better (Memory Card bug, disk swapping for 2 disk games, audio fix)?

by the way, if you'd ever need an italian translation of your manual i'd be happy to do that.

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D-Jay said:
Please don't PM Passwords. People who don't see the Passes should not install MiiWii, cause intently reading is a must.

I did read what you had put, read it again and again, but didnt see where the password was thats all, i have no intention of installing it, i just was curious of what you had put together,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@jacobean:I see the point in D-Jay's work: if everything is shiny and simple, everyone will be able to mod their wii by themselves without any risks and without paying someone for a softmod.
@wiimonkey: read the first post carefully...

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tetsuo Shima said:
@jacobean:I see the point in D-Jay's work: if everything is shiny and simple, everyone will be able to mod their wii by themselves without any risks and without paying someone for a softmod.

That's nice. But if other people don't see the point in my work (and, hell, I said it again and again, 90% of the work is NOT my work...), that's ok for me.
I don't want get famous or something like that. I just share what is working for me. Like other people share the 30th Backup Launcher Channel.

What's the trouble?

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Worked like a charm !
Indeed it's just a package, but a clean package with a nicer guide too (and NO ADDS...).

I would just advise :
- switch to crazy intro video
- not check remove health screen with starfall. If you want to install themes and screens you'll have to restore systemmenu.

Nice work
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8