Hardware Misaligned screen on (new)3DS consoles

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, today I received a blue New 3DS XL from an European shop which imports from Australia. I liked it a lot but then immediately noticed that the touch screen is (slightly, but noticeably) misaligned, the left part being closer to the top and viceversa. I have had two XLs and neither had this issue. But it happened on a DS Lite. Is this common on (new)3DSes? (I already asked for a replacement anyway, I'm just curious)
IMG_20150119_045144.jpg

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, today I received a blue New 3DS XL from an European show which imports from Australia. I liked it a lot but then immediately noticed that the touch screen is (slightly, but noticeably) misaligned, the left part being closer to the top and viceversa. I have had two XLs and neither had this issue. But it happened on a DS Lite. Is this common on (new)3DSes? (I already asked for a replacement anyway, I'm just curious)
View attachment 14545

My EUR New 3DS ambassador edition too

Reactions: Aurora Wright

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hard to show in pictures, that's why I made a quick drawing of it. But I managed to show it somehow, look at the bottom border (I used a DS mode program to paint the screen black)View attachment 14547

I literally can't tell. There will always be some amount of misalignment, but it looks like it DEFINITELY fits within the margin of error to me.

Reactions: DSlite2

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't it be better to show it with a more brither color in DS paint? So wie can actually compare it to the black border? I can't see anything on that screen tbh.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wouldn't it be better to show it with a more brither color in DS paint? So wie can actually compare it to the black border? I can't see anything on that screen tbh.
IMG_20150119_203339.jpg (better lightning)
With brighter colors the camera tries to compensate for the increased brightness and you can't see anything.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can't you put it to warranty? can you show us with a game on it? maybe it will notice it much more....
Yeah, I asked for a replacement because I'm kind of ocd about these things (same thing for dead pixels). I just can't ignore them. Anyway as I said with a colored screen photos come out worse because of the camera. Here it is with a blue screen.
IMG_20150119_201523.jpg

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, I asked for a replacement because I'm kind of ocd about these things (same thing for dead pixels). I just can't ignore them. Anyway as I said with a colored screen photos come out worse because of the camera. Here it is with a blue screen.
View attachment 14559

yeah can notice it a bit :C is the top screen alright?
yupyupyup sadly is right... probably they will get away from the quality checks with some vc games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone